JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New RDF and Maps/Image Release 1.30
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: New RDF and Maps/Image Release 1.30 Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have released a new version of the RDF, maps, and images files.

Below is a list of the changes:

- Merged RDFs from development area
- Protocols sections updated to match PM
- SetupCodes updated to match KM
- Map and Image filenames fixed for case-sensitives OSs
- DevComb entries fixed/added to match KM
- Added [Extender] section to all extenders, and added the OEMSignature entry

If you would like to see what has changed in an individual RDF, you can go here:
http://controlremote.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/controlremote/tags/remotes_release_1.30_20100523/rdfs/

And click on the RDF to see the modification history.

Visit the files section here to download the new zips:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=142

Please let me know if you have any issues, or what you would like to see in the next release!

Special thanks to Vicky for her RDF auditing tool and updates!

Thanks,
xnappo

Last edited by xnappo on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris this needs to be in the MAIN Tools Section also.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Chris this needs to be in the MAIN Tools Section also.

Rob fixed that..

xnappo
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaMonkey says the download link redirects to sourceforge.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/files/Remotes/Maps and Images for RM Version 1.30.zip/download
Is that how it is supposed to be for the release version and not on this site?
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
SeaMonkey says the download link redirects to sourceforge.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/files/Remotes/Maps and Images for RM Version 1.30.zip/download
Is that how it is supposed to be for the release version and not on this site?

Yes, that is right - the files are hosted on SourceForge.

xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started the download an hour ago and left and when I came back it still hadn't started. I have to hunt down the words "direct link" to get it to go. I hate sourceforge! Although it was helpful in seeing what happens when and where, to the average user this is not a friendly tool.

I went and looked at the MAIN file for the IMAGES and MAPS there was a new link, but for the RDF's it still says 1.28.

Edit: Even though the link says 1.28 it goes to sourceforge.

Still faced with a page full of 33 links and multiple controls is extremely intimidating, when the downloads never start on any operating system that I've used.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I started the download an hour ago and left and when I came back it still hadn't started. I have to hunt down the words "direct link" to get it to go. I hate sourceforge! Although it was helpful in seeing what happens when and where, to the average user this is not a friendly tool.

I went and looked at the MAIN file for the IMAGES and MAPS there was a new link, but for the RDF's it still says 1.28.

Edit: Even though the link says 1.28 it goes to sourceforge.

Still faced with a page full of 33 links and multiple controls is extremely intimidating, when the downloads never start on any operating system that I've used.

The download starts instantly for me, and I don't see 1.28 in Main anymore.

Can you point me to exactly where you are talking about? Both the 1.28 reference and the list of '33 files'. It should just download...

xnappo

Last edited by xnappo on Sun May 23, 2010 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, but I got only the maps directory which contains .map and .jpg files. Am i supposed to see the new RDFs?
Also the old files were called RM Maps-and-Images 1.28 and it sorts neatly next to RM. Could it be called the same again + newVersionNumber
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
ok, but I got only the maps directory which contains .map and .jpg files. Am i supposed to see the new RDFs?
Also the old files were called RM Maps-and-Images 1.28 and it sorts neatly next to RM. Could it be called the same again + newVersionNumber

I am really confused. Are you guys clicking on the Main zip file of Maps/Images and Main zip file of RDFs ?

xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The download starts instantly for me, and I don't see 1.28 in Main anymore.

Can you point me to exactly where you are talking about? Both the 1.28 reference and the list of '33 files'. It should just download...

I must have ben hallucinating on the 1.28, version. I guess seeing the downloaded 15082 made me think it was still old.

As to the 33, that was 33 links on the page. It just comes up and says source forge your controlremote download will start shortly, and then the page has with all that advertising and search boxes, log in, create accouts, find software, develop.... Its such a busy page, its difficult to know how to proceed. I have access to windows 2k and a windows XP and a windows vista machine and none of them proceed to the download. They all just stall there.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
They all just stall there.

That is really weird. Does it do that when you try to download RM too?

xnappo
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo, GOT IT.
I thought the link you gave takes care of both RMmapsAndImages and RDFs 1,30.
It turns out need to go to your link twice, first for the MAIN of maps etc, then again for MAIN of RDFs, which has an old date, so until you open that link you don't know that this might be the greatest, newest, bestest. Hey, thanks xnappo. It takes some doing, and unlike Vicky, Sourceforge is not causing me any problems, it was just this one confusion.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
They all just stall there.

That is really weird. Does it do that when you try to download RM too?

xnappo

Yes, RM just stalls there too. Thats why I kicked up the fuss when you mentioned source forge in the first place.

Now I could swear I just followed the link from the MAIN, to the RDF's and got the MAP's and Images when I finally get the zip file to download and open.

ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
As to the 33, that was 33 links on the page. It just comes up and says source forge your controlremote download will start shortly, and then the page has with all that advertising and search boxes, log in, create accouts, find software, develop.... Its such a busy page, its difficult to know how to proceed. I have access to windows 2k and a windows XP and a windows vista machine and none of them proceed to the download. They all just stall there.
LOL!!
OT: Vicky, you must be useing IE. Stop. Forever stop. Or set it up to block everything. Best, change the browser to Opera or SeaMonkey. And you'll see a nice, clean page with just few links at the bottom totally separate from the download link in case download doesn't start by itself Smile
something like this
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8455
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok from the MAIN Page, the RDF link that Rob set up ends up going to
Maps and Images for RM version 1.30.zip/download

And yes, all the PC's I have access to run IE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: