JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sansui SAN2701 HDTV Monitor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Sansui SAN2701 HDTV Monitor. Reply with quote

1. Device: SANSUI HDTV/Monitor, Model Number SAN2701
2. Type of device: TV/HDTV monitor
3. Year: 2007
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8811
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a

Additional info: I strictly suspect that it is a rebranded device, but don't know who the OEM is. Seemingly similar device is made under even more unknown brand Quadro.
(There's an upgrade for one Quadro TV in the files section, but I can not try it, because it is in RMDU format, and I am still using Keymap Master.)

Any leads would be appreciated.
-------------------------------------------

Added later: Installed RM and tried the Quadro TV upgrade that I mentioned above. Result: no luck. So, forget about any associations with Quadro devices. Sansui it is.

Last edited by digital_silence on Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Sansui SAN2701 HDTV Monitor. Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
(There's an upgrade for one Quadro TV in the files section, but I can not try it, because it is in RMDU format, and I am still using Keymap Master.)

Why don't you download RM so you can try it?
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Sansui SAN2701 HDTV Monitor. Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
digital_silence wrote:

Why don't you download RM so you can try it?

We must've pressed our "Submit" buttons simultaneously, Rob... :-)
Check the addition to my post above.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the lookup tool to see what is listed for the Sansui TV and seeing so many codes made me suspect to rebranding too.

Quote:

I'm glued to Keymap Master too. I learned how to use it and don't want to budge, but you really shouldn't let that keep you from trying RemoteMaster.

RemoteMaster:
1) doesn't take any expensive program to run
2) is very lightweight so you can have multiple copies running
3) opens KM and RM files
4) handles some of the complex protocols in a way that is easier to understand than keymaster does.
5) you can open an RDMU during the download.

That being said, if you really think its a Quadro, try building a KM upgrade like TV/0037, tv/0556, or tv/0753, but personally I think it TV/1409 your best bet.

Ah, while I was typing my reply you updated yours to say that you tried the Quadro upgrade in the file section (which was a Nec1 dev8 protocol and different than any listed above).

The Lookup Tool is a last resort. If you have no remote, and no file was found in the file section or at remote central, or at the manufacturers own site, then the lookup tool might give you the information you are looking for.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
That being said, if you really think its a Quadro, try building a KM upgrade like TV/0037, tv/0556, or tv/0753, but personally I think it TV/1409 your best bet.

Sorry, didn't get this, vickyg2003.
The number after slash is a Setup code, right?
What is the protocol? What should be Main/Sub Device? Parameters?
And how do I guess the function codes?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

Sorry, didn't get this, vickyg2003.
The number after slash is a Setup code, right?
What is the protocol? What should be Main/Sub Device? Parameters?
And how do I guess the function codes?

Ah, I see you are unfamiliar with my Lookup Tool.

Click on the Link at the top of this page.

When the tool opens,
Read the overview, then
Select "by Brand"
In the Select a brand dropdown, Press S until Sansui is in highlighted
In the Select a type dropdown, Select TV
In the Select target remote dropdown, select URC-881x
Then perform the search

The returned information will give you the protocol, subdevice and parameters. It will also tell you if the setup is in your remote, and if not, it will tell you if there are any similar (ALT) upgrades suitable for keymoves already built into your remote.

Click on the EFC's to see the Function-EFC information. You can copy and paste that information into the functions sheet on KM, it doesn't paste well into RM. There may be multiple values for functions, and you'll need to sort those out by trial and error.

Since the Sansui SAN2701 is an LCD, I'd try the one upgrade that specifically lists LCD in the subtype column for the first attempt. That would be the TV/1409, but that isn't associated with Quadro TV's.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
dolivas27

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Test file for SAN2701 Reply with quote

Try this upgrade file I made for you and report back.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8538

Thanks,
dolivas27
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Test file for SAN2701 Reply with quote

dolivas27 wrote:
Try this upgrade file I made for you and report back.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8538

Thanks,
dolivas27

Thanks a lot!

Will try it tonight and write back here.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, works flawlessly, like a Swiss Watch!

Thanks again, dolivas27 - solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: