JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6131N on MidnightBox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
enliteneer

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight Box is selling this remote today for $6 shipped!
http://www.midnightbox.com/?dealboxtabs=0

Soldering the jumper might not be too bad for JP1 compatibility, but what's the package (tssop?) of the 24C16 eeprom?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want a surface mount (SOIC) chip, like the CAT24C16WI-GT3 at Mouser.
enliteneer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I soldered the chip and it *looks* like IR803 sees it!

At first I tried it without batteries and got the "No response from Remote" message, which is strange since my 8910 works fine with IR Remote and no batteries, but then I installed batteries and it says "No signature found" (which is probably good since it's a new eeprom!)

Speaking of which, since I have an 8910 that I want to clone.. is it possible to save the 8910 data (*.ir) and then import that into Remote Master, map the buttons, and then export back to IR? RemoteMaster doesn't look like it can open .ir files, but perhaps there's another (conversion) tool needed?

The reason I ask, is that tracking down all the upgrade files might be a bit difficult since the drive that had it is long gone!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should do a 981 reset on the remote when a new EEPROM is installed as the first test that it's good (a good result is 4 flashes, a bad result is 2 short flashes followed by 1 long flash). The 981 will prime the memory so IR will recognize it.

RM cannot import an IR file, but it can process the upgrades from the 8910 memory if you import them as raw data. Someone else can post a step-by-step if needed.
enliteneer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha.. holding the Set button, I did see the 2 flashes, pressed 9-8-1, and got 4 flashes... tried IR remote again and this time I see:

URC-6131(Old)_6131nwB00 PVR Remote 2K (PVR0PVR0)
URC-6131nwB00 PVR Remote 2K FIXED (PVR0PVR0)

Which I'm assuming means this remote has a couple different RDFs associated with it (URC-6131 / 6131nw PVR Remote 2K, and 6131nw PVR Remote 2K)

I'll take a look at RemoteMaster's Advanced->Import Raw Upgrade menu item, and see if I can transfer the IR data I see for the 8910!

Thanks!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that the one that is labeled FIXED is a MISTAKE. Seems to me I read about this a year ago, and someone submitted this because they may have made a modification to the CC button and (audio or subtitle) button were seperate buttons that used the same.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instructions for importing raw device upgrades are included in the Readme.html. Here's a link into the online version: Advanced
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: