JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New files for 10691069 (Dreambox V5 URC-39940 R01) Remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hummbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: New files for 10691069 (Dreambox V5 URC-39940 R01) Remote Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just uploaded a new version of the Dreambox V5 RDF file including Image and Map files (I used the image created by Alain Berguerand from here - thanx Alain).

Please also replace the RDF file found here with the new-one in the ZIP - the name in the old file was with underscores and RM cannot use it.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 'hummbie'...

I've recently assumed responsibility for the next release of the RDF/map/image files.

Thanks for your submission -- it could not be more timely. Before I saw your post, I had just been looking at the Dreambox RDF/map/image files, trying to figure out which data from which files were correct and was puzzled by a discrepancy I saw. I noticed that the V2 map file swapped the positions of the "DREAM" and "TV" buttons but still used the same JPEG image file from the original map file (with "TV" on the left and "DREAM" on the right). I wasn't sure if the buttons had really been swapped and someone "cheated" and just re-used the same JPEG file or if there was actually a bug in the V2 map file. The V5 JPEG image you refer to shows that the buttons indeed did swap at some point! So that appears to clear up that mystery.

But I noticed that the RDF in your zip file is actually 100% the same as the one (by Alain) at the link you posted, so I'm guessing that maybe he already updated it at some point to address the underscores in the filename that were confusing RemoteMaster.

I really need to be clear about all of this so that I can include the proper files in the new RDF/map/image file release.

It looks like I'll have 2 distinct JPEG images (the original one, to be used with the original RDF) and your/Alain's V5 image (which also appears to apply equally well to the V2 map, which is used by RDFs for V2-V5, it seems).

I noticed something that I thought was odd at first in your 'DreamboxV5.map' file -- it sets the 'Setup' button code to $01. The current 'DreamboxV2.map' has it (and the V1-V3 Dreambox RDFs have it) as $02, like most cases I've encountered. A bit more analysis made me suspect that it had indeed changed to $01 at the V4 and higher versions. Can you please tell me, is that true?

Regardless of the answer, we have a definite error in the current Dreambox V4 setup and I need to fix it. Your answer to that question will help me decide how. Basically, the current RDF for V4 ('10381038 (Dreambox V4 URC-39930 BJ0).rdf') has the button code for the 'Setup' button declared (correctly?) as '$01'. But it refers to a map file ("ImageMap=DreamboxV2.map") where the 'Setup' button is declared (correctly for V2, but erroneously for V4) as '$02'! (This is a perfect example of why I was arguing in another thread that the design we have now is not an ideal way of specifying this data, because it can lead to these inherent conflicts.)

I suspect I should replace the "ImageMap=DreamboxV2.map" line in the V4 RDF with a reference to your V5 map/image. Does that sound correct?

Can anyone/everyone who understands the Dreambox and the history fill me in here, please? It looks to me like the button code for the "Setup" button changed from $02 to $01 beginning with V4. And the "DREAM" and "TV" buttons (originally with "TV" on the left and "DREAM" on the right) swapped positions beginning with V2. Is this all correct? Do the V2-V5 remotes all look alike? I need to resolve these discrepancies and I'm rather confused at the moment, so any help from any source is appreciated!

Thanks!

Bill
hummbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,
As far as I know the Dream button was always on the left and the TV on the right. There are slight differences like the "Exit" button named "Lame" on the early versions and also in the V2 - V4 map images but otherwise the the remotes V1-V4 look exactly the same.

The RDF file is the same - it could be that IE8 replaces the spaces with underscores.

The major difference in V5 are the four extra color-keys - in the previous versions the Play/Stop/Rew/FF keys were combined with the color keys. So you cannot use this image for the maps in V1-V4!

The V4 and V5 remotes use the HCS08 processor and it might be that the Shift key is changed to $1 however I have to make some tests to confirm this. I also think that the V5 RDF file is not quite correct since there are only two devices defined.

I will let you know when I am ready with my experiments.
Mike
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, Mike -- it's definitely helpful!

hummbie wrote:
As far as I know the Dream button was always on the left and the TV on the right.

Interesting. The Dreambox remote control image that the JP1 project is currently distributing (i.e. for use with RemoteMaster) has it exactly the opposite -- "TV" on the left and "DREAM" on the right. It's hard to tell, but it you look carefully, you can see the labels on the buttons. I have no idea where that image came from (early V1?, pre-V1?), but it sounds like it's wrong for the majority of "Dreambox" remotes in use today.

hummbie wrote:
The RDF file is the same - it could be that IE8 replaces the spaces with underscores.

Sounds very logical. I'll assume that was the issue and continue to distribute the existing file.

hummbie wrote:
The major difference in V5 are the four extra color-keys - in the previous versions the Play/Stop/Rew/FF keys were combined with the color keys. So you cannot use this image for the maps in V1-V4!

Ah, yes, of course! Sorry, I completely missed that new row of buttons! OK, so we'll have a new image that's only for V5. I guess that means that I'll have to keep using that old image for V1-V4, even though we now know that it's really technically incorrect for most of those remotes... unless someone has a pre-V5 image with "DREAM" on the left and "TV" on the right.

hummbie wrote:
The V4 and V5 remotes use the HCS08 processor (...)

OK, excellent... Thanks for clearing that up. Dave, if you're listening, there's one fix for your spreadsheet/HTML tables. If not, it'll be on my list.

hummbie wrote:
(...) and it might be that the Shift key is changed to $1 however I have to make some tests to confirm this. I also think that the V5 RDF file is not quite correct since there are only two devices defined.

I will let you know when I am ready with my experiments.

Excellent! Thanks for your help on resolving these issues, Mike. I very much appreciate it! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Until then, I'll await your results....

Bill
damir

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hummbie wrote:
I also think that the V5 RDF file is not quite correct since there are only two devices defined.

RDF is correct, there are only two devices in remote.

WagonMaster wrote:
OK, so we'll have a new image that's only for V5. I guess that means that I'll have to keep using that old image for V1-V4, even though we now know that it's really technically incorrect for most of those remotes... unless someone has a pre-V5 image with "DREAM" on the left and "TV" on the right.

Here are the links to the photos of my dreambox remotes:
V1
V4
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for those large, good-quality image files, damir!

My plan is to put them to good use to replace the existing Dreambox V1 image file with your clearer version and to supplement the V1 image by adding your V4 image file to the set, using it for the V2-V4 RDFs. With Mike's V5 image file, we should now essentially have an adequate representation of the complete set.

Thanks again!

Bill
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WagonMaster wrote:
Can anyone/everyone who understands the Dreambox and the history fill me in here, please? It looks to me like the button code for the "Setup" button changed from $02 to $01 beginning with V4.

hummbie wrote:
(...) and it might be that the Shift key is changed to $1 however I have to make some tests to confirm this.

hummbie, did you get a chance to test this? I'd really like to resolve this before the release of the new set of RDF/map/image files. Thanks for any help you can offer here!

Bill
alex.77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: More than two devices? Reply with quote

Hi!

I read the above discussion with great interrest. Thanks vor the RDF and MAP files. It seems that the Dreambox v5 remote control has only defined two devices: one SAT and one TV.

Does anybody know if it is possible to add a third device (e.g. AUX vor an audio device) to the Dreambox v5 remote control? How can that be accomplished?
B16mcc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Totally Confused ! Reply with quote

Hi guys, I've been playing around with IR v8 and managed to screw up my new Dreambox DM8000 V5 remote. Could you tell me please, is it possible to restore it to standard some how, maybe using the info you guyd have created here ?

I know the box itself is ok because using a V4 remote it responds normally but when I use my V5 now its all gone crazy !

I'm still reading up no the basics of JP1 and its taking me quite some time and effort to understand it and the associated files and tools. I want to learn it but need a quick fix to get my v5 remote back on track.

Thanks,
MCC.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10691069 remote does support magic-980(factory reset) and magic-981(full reset). You can also use the original .IR file matze1999 uploaded here to restore any dreambox specific settings that may be wiped out by the 980/981 commands.
B16mcc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Fixed. Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, I got the remote back to standard just by applying the IR file you linked to. I have backed it up now and got it working on my TV too.

Thanks again..
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: