JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RDF Development and Maintenance Process
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: RDF Development and Maintenance Process Reply with quote

The RDFs, images and map files have been moved into SVN-based revision control on SourceForge. The aim in doing this is to improve the quality of the RDF files.

Post Contents:
1. Process Overview
2. RDF overview
3. Setting up SVN
4. RDF issue list

Process Overview

Notice that the RDF file section now contains three folders:

RDFs- Development: This area is hosted on hifi-remote.com and should be used for development of new, incomplete/untested RDF files.

RDF Beta Area: This is a link to the latest 'checked in' files to SourgeForge. When an RDF is believed to be complete it should be moved to this area for inclusion in the next 'official' release. It is preferred that frequent RDF developers install the SVN tool in order to contribute(see post 3), however feel free to PM me when an RDF is ready to move too.

RDF Release Area: This is a link to the latest 'released' files on SourceForge. The contents of this area are identical to the .zip file.

xnappo

Last edited by xnappo on Sun May 23, 2010 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[reserved]

Last edited by xnappo on Sun May 09, 2010 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting set up with SVN

SVN is a revision control tool. This tool allows you to have a directory of files on your local computer that matches the SourceForge repository. Once installed, you can quickly retrieve the latest RDFs, graphically compare modifications you have made to files to what is 'checked in', and add new/fixed files to the repository.

Getting set up to use SVN is easy:

1. Create a SourceForge account: https://sourceforge.net/account/registration/ Some have expressed that the SourceForge webpages are confusing - and I agree - however note that this account is only to allow the SVN tool to verify your identity. Once you have an account you do not have to go back to the web page ever again.

2. Send a PM to Greg (gfb107) or myself (xnappo) with the name of your SourceForge ID. We will need to add you to the project in order for you to be able to contribute/change files. You can continue with the rest of the setup, however.

3. Download and install Tortoise SVN from here: http://tortoisesvn.net/ . Restart your computer when prompted.

4. Create a directory on your computer where you would like to work on RDFs.

5. Right click on the directory - you should now see a new option 'SVN Checkout'. Select this. In the window that pops up, put the following for 'URL of repository': https://controlremote.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/controlremote/trunk/remotes then hit 'Okay'. You now have a copy of all the latest RDFs.

Now there are several other commands you can do.

- At any time, you can right-click on the folder and select 'SVN Update' to get the latest files.
- If you modify a file, you can view your changes vs. the original in a graphical format by right-clicking the file and selecting 'TortoiseSVN->Diff'
- To update the SVN repository with a modified file, right click the file and select 'SVN Commit'. Please be sure to add a comment in the 'notes' box with what you have changed.
- To add a new file, right-click the file, select 'TortoiseSVN->Add' then right-click again and select 'SVN Commit'. Again please enter a comment when you do the commit.

xnappo

Last edited by xnappo on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 6 times in total
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDF Issues List

This post will contain a rolling list of RDF issues as I find them. If you are the owner please respond to this post or PM me to resolve.

Currently I am going through the 'RDF Development' section and comparing against the zip. If the files match, I am deleting them. Below are files I need dispositions on. Please tell me which is 'better':

30293029 (URC-7950) kupakai:
Cosmetic differences? Added image/map?

Atlas 5 with Day remote map and image rev. : kupakai
old? delete?

xnappo

Last edited by xnappo on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[reserved]
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking on the RDF maintainer role.
xnappo wrote:

10251025 binky:
KeyMap=$015.5.1.1.0 (Standard;Alternate)
vs.
KeyMap=$015.5.1.0.0 (Standard;Alternate)

Use KeyMap=$015.5.1.0.0 (Standard;Alternate)
I tried to fix this long ago when we finally figured out what was going on but for some reason, the fixed RDFs would get deleted. The difference is what initial value to use when a user uses the New Remote option. It was initially defaulting to Alternate(incorrect) but was later changed to Standard.

xnappo wrote:

10381038 binky:
ImageMap=DreamboxV4.map
vs.
ImageMap=DreamboxV2.map
[SpecialProtocols]
Multiplex=01FE
[FixedData]
$0200=$4B,$4E,$53,$01,$05,$04,$07,$FF,$FF,$FF,$02,$2C,$10,$51,$20,$01,$00,$04,$00,$07

Eliminate the SpecialProtocols and FixedData sections. Wagonmaster also noted some things about the Dreambox remotes when he was looking at the RDFs so you may want to review some of his postings.

xnappo wrote:

30003000 binky:
DevComb=,$350A,$41FD,,$4EAF,$42FA
VCR/DVD = 2
VCR/DVD = 2,2
VCR/DVD = VCR,DVD,Tape,Laserdisc,DAT
vs.
DevComb=,$34FF,$41FD,,$4EEF,$42FA
DVD = 2
VCR = 2,2
DVD = VCR,DVD,Tape,Laserdisc,DAT

30383038 binky:
DevComb=,$16F8,$22E5,,$4EAF,$23D9
vs.
DevComb=,$16ED,$22E5,,$4EEF,$23D9
ImageMap=cricket.map

30463046 binky:
DevComb=,$35AE,$42ED,,$4EAF,$43E1
surround:A=$25,
input:B=$26,
"+100":C=$27,
"pip freeze":LIST=$28,
vs.
DevComb=,$35A3,$42ED,,$4EEF,$43E1
A=$25,
B=$26,
C=$27,
pvr:LIST=$28,

The $350A version is correct. $16F8 is correct. $35AE is correct. The higher numbers are correct. There is a thread on this somewhere.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
10261026 (URC-8203 Kameleon) Rob:
DevComb=,$2981,$237B,,$19D2
ImageMap=URC-8203.map
vs
[DeviceTypeImageMaps]
TV = (urc-8203_tv.map,urc-8203_tv_text.map)
VCR = (urc-8203_vcr.map,urc-8203_vcr_digits.map)
DVD = (urc-8203_dvd.map,urc-8203_dvd_digits.map)

Unfortunately, I don't remember anything about this remote, but I found the thread where creating the RDF was discussed:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8192

It looks like kupakai created the different images for the different modes of this Kameleon, so I would assume that the RDF in the main zip is more recent than the one with my name on it.
dolivas27

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I signed up and downloaded the latest RDF's and MAPS now I have some questions comparing these to what I have been using I only found a few differences but I do not see any of the Radio Shack RS-15-1xx series in the Maps or RDF's I also do not see any of the Atlas 5 Day or Comcast DVR URC-1056 JP1.3 remotes with the extenders. were they left out for a reason and how do I find the latest and most update ones? Also am I to assume these are the latest and greatest and the ones I should be using?

Thanks,
dolivas27
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolivas27 wrote:
OK I signed up and downloaded the latest RDF's and MAPS now I have some questions comparing these to what I have been using I only found a few differences but I do not see any of the Radio Shack RS-15-1xx series in the Maps or RDF's I also do not see any of the Atlas 5 Day or Comcast DVR URC-1056 JP1.3 remotes with the extenders. were they left out for a reason and how do I find the latest and most update ones? Also am I to assume these are the latest and greatest and the ones I should be using?

Thanks,
dolivas27

Right - the only stuff checked in right now is what was in the 1.28 zip. I am slowly working my way through the 'RDF development' area to clean it up. First I am cleaning up RDFs that were both in the zip and in the development area, then I will move on to checking in the RDFs that are newer than the 1.28 zip.

Thanks,
xnappo
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
Thanks for taking on the RDF maintainer role.

No problem - thanks for the quick response. I have updated the beta RDF area with these (checked them in) and removed them from the development section...

Thanks again,
xnappo
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

It looks like kupakai created the different images for the different modes of this Kameleon, so I would assume that the RDF in the main zip is more recent than the one with my name on it.

Thanks Rob - should I add the DevComb section from yours though as the zip file version doesn't have one?

Thanks,
xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
10631063 (URC-6820_8820_10820) vicky:
KeyMap=$01F.5.1.0.0 (Standard;Alternate)
vs
""

Ditto what Binky said, the Use KeyMap=$01F.5.1.0.0 (Standard;Alternate) so that a new defaults to standard.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Thanks Rob - should I add the DevComb section from yours though as the zip file version doesn't have one?

I just verified them, those settings are good.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

So just an update on where I am at, and what the next steps are:

1. 1st pass review/checkin of updated RDF in development area vs zip file [DONE]
2. Add new RDFs from development area to the repository [in process]
3. Tag repository
4. Review files remaining in development area/cleanup
5. Run Vicky's 'protocol fixer' on files[thanks Vicky!], fix 'case' issues for Linux users
6. Tag repository, new ZIP release
7. Run Vicky's(?) 'upgrade fixer' on files
8. Tag repository, ask for beta testers
9. Tag repository, new ZIP release.

I expect this whole thing to take a couple of months.

So - right now at step 2, I am planning to merge in these RDFs. Please let me know (1) if the RDF is NOT ready to be merged or (2) there is an RDF that is ready that I missed.

10181018 (URC-39860 B00-02) RDF Map and Image [mdavej]
10621062 URC-7780 map jpg rdf for IR 8.00 [mathdon]
10751075 (URC-7556 Digital 5) [czo]
11311131 URC-7781 map jpg rdf for IR 8.00 [mathdon]
113A113A (URC-7781 Extender A1) rdf for IR 8.00 [mathdon]
30043004 (URC-2050) .RDF .JPG .MAP [drussell]
30273027 (Vizio VUR8 6100 JP1.3) map jpg rdf [kmradke]
30583058 (URC-7525, next iteration) [barf]
30603060 (Radio Shack 15-100) JP1.3 [Rob - obsolete??]
30603060 (Radio Shack 15-100) with HT and Language Settings [mdavej]
30653065 (Charter OCAP C4000 URC-1060 ) [mjdave]
30853085 (Radio Shack 15-133, 15-134, 15-135) JP1.3 [mdavej]
31473147 (Insignia / Sanyo Remote 67100) RDF, Map, Image [mdavej]
CA00 (Control 4 URC-81000-B00) RDF/Image/Map files [mr_d_p_gumby]
LATLLAT0 (Mundial URC-414XXX) RDF/Image/Map Files [mr_d_p_gumby]
URC-3450 URC-3451 RDF image and map files.zip [damir]
URC-8210 Multiple maps [gertc]

Please let me know by Thursday if you have any concerns. I would like to get these merged in before running the protocol/upgrade script.

Thanks,
xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like the RCA remote added, as this seems to come up a lot,

Also would like to have the 3032 Atlas moved from released to the Development stage, its definately not ready for primetime.

Also I am wondering if the slingbox-fake can be removed from the released file, since we've added all the binpl,binrv.... whatever for the slingbox.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: