JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RDF Development and Maintenance Process
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I'd like the RCA remote added, as this seems to come up a lot,

You are referring to '31793179 (RCA RCRP05B black).rdf' right? If so I actually already moved that one as I agree it is a very popular one. That is the only one I already moved.

vickyg2003 wrote:

Also would like to have the 3032 Atlas moved from released to the Development stage, its definately not ready for primetime.

Also I am wondering if the slingbox-fake can be removed from the released file, since we've added all the binpl,binrv.... whatever for the slingbox.

For Atlas - we can definitely do that unless someone is working on updating it. I know nothing about Slingbox - so.. just let me know.

xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
7. Run Vicky's(?) 'upgrade fixer' on files

I hadn't planned on doing that, but can pretty easily do that if Mike will make one change to the output file routine and enclose the rdfnames in brackets[]. That eliminates the need for a line by line parse, and makes it so I can just pick it up and dump it in, without adding a whole bunch of code...

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Quote:
7. Run Vicky's(?) 'upgrade fixer' on files

I hadn't planned on doing that, but can pretty easily do that if Mike will make one change to the output file routine and enclose the rdfnames in brackets[]. That eliminates the need for a line by line parse, and makes it so I can just pick it up and dump it in, without adding a whole bunch of code...

That would be great if that can be worked out - it would be nice to be able to do it all with your tool.

xnappo
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, I updated the file again. See if this is what you wanted.

Note: signatures for some older remotes with 4-byte signatures are like this:
Code:
[O80a | O80C]
The first part is in the RDF file name. The second part should be in the RDF in the [FixedData] or [AutoSet] sections.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the sourceforge site still has the original versions of the Slingbox RDF files. These are a bit buggy and not designed properly for RM.

My revised versions (along with an updated image), which have now been proven over the last 6 months, are at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7201

Al
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Vicky, I updated the file again. See if this is what you wanted.

Note: signatures for some older remotes with 4-byte signatures are like this:
Code:
[O80a | O80C]
The first part is in the RDF file name. The second part should be in the RDF in the [FixedData] or [AutoSet] sections.

Thanks Mike, that really simplifies things on my side when I can just process it as a blob, instead of having to open it, and analzye each line.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real quick question, could somebody verify that the new section heading should be :

[SetupCodes]

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

That's correct. Don't forget about adding this line to the [General] section as well:

SetupValidation=Enforce

Value could also be Off or Warn, but I can't think of any reason not to use Enforce.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
I see the sourceforge site still has the original versions of the Slingbox RDF files. These are a bit buggy and not designed properly for RM.

My revised versions (along with an updated image), which have now been proven over the last 6 months, are at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7201

Al

Thanks - I will update those.
xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Don't forget about adding this line to the [General] section as well:

SetupValidation=Enforce

Value could also be Off or Warn, but I can't think of any reason not to use Enforce.

Ahh the plot thickens. I was totally unaware of that. Back to the drawing board.

xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
mdavej wrote:

SetupValidation=Enforce

Ahh the plot thickens. I was totally unaware of that. Back to the drawing board.

Should we use 'warn' for some beta testing?

Thanks,
xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
mdavej wrote:

SetupValidation=Enforce

Should we use 'warn' for some beta testing?

Thanks,
xnappo

Your call, I've got it with Enforce right now, but Warn is just 4 letters away.

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Enforce can keep people out of trouble, but will force them to assign valid codes to unused devices, which is something they may not want to bother with. The only other time Enforce could be a problem is if the SetupCodes list is wrong, hence xnappo's beta testing request I suppose. So maybe Warn is the way to go for the time being.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I don't know. Enforce can keep people out of trouble, but will force them to assign valid codes to unused devices, which is something they may not want to bother with. The only other time Enforce could be a problem is if the SetupCodes list is wrong, hence xnappo's beta testing request I suppose. So maybe Warn is the way to go for the time being.

Yeah it just depends on how confident we are in the data. If we are pretty confident it is correct we can go with enforce...

xnappo
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with

SetupValidation=Warn

If you see a spelling problem speak up now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: