JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device Update not working at all - Blu Ray - HTPRO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob_m

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Device Update not working at all - Blu Ray - HTPRO Reply with quote

I learned all the buttons for a blu ray player via the IR widget.

I created the update in KM, created a few keymoves for the device button in IR, pasted the update to IR, uploaded to remote.

Took remote to that room and none of the devices buttons are working (except for the keymoves - receiver volumes).

Memorex Blu Ray Player MVBD2520
NEC1 33 - 38 range frequencey

HTPRO - UEI-9811B00 -- Programmed update on CD and Sat buttons (DVD used by an actual DVD player)
New-ish batteries

Current IR/KM/RDFs

Tommy's original USB cable for JP1 remotes which used the Delcom drivers
2006 Drivers

If you want diagnostic files please tell me which ones (and how to get them).

FYI: This is the first device I've learned, created update and uploaded that did NOT work.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob has a great sticky in the beginners area telling you what files we need. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11862 However, you should add your IR Widget Summary report so we could see your OEM learns.

If you are telling us that Every device stopped working,Took remote to that room and none of the devices buttons are working then its pretty easy to see that you referencing a non-existent Protocol or a non-existant Device somewhere in your IR so the remote took corrective action and reloaded the default device codes.

If you are just saying that the Blu-Ray Device's buttons are not working, you should be able to tell why simply by shooting your upgrade at the widget and seeing if the pictures look different. That widget is a miricle tool for these kind of diagnostic problems.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A common mistake I make is to have the new upgrade be a different device type than what I select in the first IR tab...

xnappo
bob_m

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick response before work:

A) Only that device is wonky
B) I'll look at the suggested diag sticky later
C) Widget test - Quick test of 3x buttons shows IBC does not match what I programmed into KM... Never had this before...
D) correct type of device upgrade - unless blu ray doesn't count at a dvd device...

Suggestion on how to fix C?

No time atm to recheck OEM remote with widget - back in about 8 hours
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bob,
Whenever you get a situation like this where you've tried to do something (whatever that something is) and it's not working, if you want us to check to see what you did wrong, we're going to need to see your files. In this case, where you have an upgrade that's not working we would need to see (a) your upgrade file (ie, the KM or RM file), (b) the IR file that includes your upgrade and (c) your learns (normally this would be another IR file, but in this case it would be your ICT file(s).

So, please zip them together and upload them to the Diagnosis Area folder in the file section.

Common questions:
1) Where's the file section? - there's a link at the top of every page
2) How do I upload? - navigate to the relevant folder and then click the UPLOAD button
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRobman wrote:
(c) your learns (normally this would be another IR file, but in this case it would be your ICT file(s).

Ah Rob you haven't been keeping up. Graham has made some exciting new changes to IRScope, most notably the Summary Report. This basically gives you an easier to manage file, and the timings are pretty much ready for you to drop into your spreadsheets for decoding. Its a much better way of passing IRScope output.

Edit:
I looked around and found one a Summary Sample

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but can't you open the ICT files using IRScope in order to generate the summary? Does IRScope give you the option to round the times up? If not, we'll need to import the times into Excel and write a formula to round them (if the protocol isn't recognized).
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The File Summary is a lot more convenient to use than the ICT files, its easier to manage as a set. If I want to see the signal, which I do, I can import a rawdata timing list to create the picture and its ICT file.

bob_m

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reminders on what to upload and where to find the faq about it.

I'm going to chalk this up to a glitch or bad uploads.

I recaputred all the signals (I didn't save the .idt or summary).
Rebult the update from scratch.
DL'ed the remote
Deleted last night's upgrade - Pasted today
Uploaded the remote (with a few errors - I knew/know older plugs prone to occasional errors/slowness)
Checked a few signals from JP1 remote with JP1 Widget - They matched
Checked a few buttons on the Blu Ray Player - Sucess

If people really want the data files for my now working upgrade I guess I could zip them all up...
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If people really want the data files for my now working upgrade I guess I could zip them all up...

Bob, while before we wanted to see your files so that we could help you, now its your turn to help others.

I assume you've already found where all the upgrades are in the file section. Those files are extremely helpful to other users with lost/broken remotes. You really should upload your RM or KM into the proper upgrade area.

Before you do that, I'd like you to read this article. How to build a better upgrade.

bob_m

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I planned on uploading my upgrades this time around - I just need to find all the model numbers (moving around stuff Mad )

I'll also check out that better upgrade link - I might learn a few things Smile

And my comment above was referring to people still wanting to see my files to find out what when wrong not what is right Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got it working, we don't need to see your files. But please don't forget to load the upgrade, and better yet, post a link to it here for posterity.
bob_m

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8312
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: