JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nokia 32 (0173)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimdunn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Nokia 32 (0173) Reply with quote

Quite possibly this is not feasible, but it never hurts to ask...

In my ongoing battle to squeeze as much as possible into my extended 8910, one of my biggest items is this Nokia32 protocol 0173.

I have to have it for my Austar Satellite decoders - but it occupies a large chunk of memory.

Is there any way to cut down the size at all ?

I've put an IR file with a sample of learned keys from the OEM remote here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8294

They are learned in the sequence they appear, so the X=38 and X=166 seems to be a "toggle", I think - but I would have no idea how to proceed with trying to create a smaller protocol to send these signals - if such a thing was even possible.

I added the protocol and upgrade I'm using to the IR file, too.

Please don't waste time on this if it's too hard - I understand I may just need to live with it.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nokia Protocol is a Quad protocol, that is there are 4 distinct timing pairs, representing the data portion. Most of the protocols we deal with are binary but we're also seeing a lot of the new XMP, a hex code where there are 16 different timing pairs in the data portion of the signal. I was playing with the Nokia 12 for Barf recently. In JP1.2 remotes, Nokia type protocols barely take any code at all, but I don't think the Samsung IR Engine can do these without a lot of code.

That being said, there might be savings to carve out of the protocol, but I know think there is any shortcut on the Samsung processor similar to the HCS08 processor.

I don't have time to dig into this right now, and YOU know the reason why Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing If nobody else looks at this, bump the thread next month.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[deleted] vicky see PM
jimdunn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

I don't have time to dig into this right now, and YOU know the reason why Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing If nobody else looks at this, bump the thread next month.

Absolutely - you have MUCH more important things to do Twisted Evil

I don't need this in any way - it's just a vague wish, and if it only saves 20 or 30 bytes (out of the 135 it uses now) -
which is all I can even optimistically imagine it might, then not really worth all the effort.

thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: