JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast 1067cbc3 or Comcast 1067 bc3 remote questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WCLucas42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Comcast 1067cbc3 or Comcast 1067 bc3 remote questions Reply with quote

I have both of these remotes, and have become good at programming them through the keypad. I'm now trying to decide if I want to get a jp1 cable and / or if I will need a different remote. With kids I would like to use the Comcast remotes as they are cheaply replaced, but if it won't do what I would like well...

So here are my questions and I have read and googled, but not sure I know the jargon well enough to get good results or recognize the answers if I found them...

1 Do these remotes support Logical Devices. In addition to my STB, TV and Receiver, I would like to program in a monoprice 4x1 HDMI switch (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=4088&seq=1&format=2), our xbox360 (Netflix, last.fm etc) and /or our blu-ray player?

2 Can I create macros that will incorporate the hdmi switch selection and map them to the existing device keys?

3 Can I move the receiver to a logical device and "punch through" volume up down, power and secondarily maybe some surround presets, that's all I need from it?
If I can do the above then I can use AUX for my blu-ray.

4 Can the TV device have the TV keys and Xbox360 keys coexist? xBox keys would be Color keys and "My DVR" for the controller buttons the arrow keys and the playback buttons?

5 Finally, I would like the pip ch+- to toggle through the hdmi inputs and shifted 1-4 keys to send discrete input choices to the HDMI switch in any device mode, I'm pretty sure that can be done, but confirmation is helpful.

Is this in the realm of possibilities?

If not possible is there an inexpensive option that would? With three young boys remotes are frequent casualties...

Thanks for any info,
Bill
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that we haven't responded sooner. I think you are talking about the red OK/Select button Comcast remote which we usually refer to as the 1067BX3. Use the 983 command (see Wiki above) to blink back the signature, which should be 3039. The following answers make that assumption.

1. The remote has a total of 4 devices, although only three have associated buttons. I use a shifted device button to access the 4th device. You don't need to use a device for the HDMI switch, and depending on your usage it may be practical to combine components on one device mode, as you suggest in 3 and 4.

2. Yes, the Comcast remote will accept macros on the device keys using a cable.

3. It probably makes sense to use keymoves to implement control of both the HDMI switch and the receiver. In that case no devices will be used.

4. Probably. Eventually you'll run out of room for macros and keymoves, but I guess there is enough room.

5. I don't see why not.
WCLucas42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the response lag, I've been pretty busy myself and am just able to get back to it now. Thanks for the answers, its all pretty encouraging.

I did the 983 blink back for the remote and received a 3039 as you expected. I knew about the 990 codes, but not 983, so that was useful. The new remote is xfinty branded and I didn't want to head down this road.

Your suggestion in number 3 is interesting. I was unaware that you could use key moves to assign functionality for devices not configured in the remote. Can you do this from the keypad without a cable? It would give me something to do until the cable shows up.

If the switch and the receiver don't actually need a dedicated device in the remote the Blu-Ray and Xbox can each have their own device. That would greatly simplify things for everyone else involved.

Thanks again,
Bill
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keymoves can be entered manually provided the remote has a setup code which has the necessary fixed data. Fixed data is the parameters of the IR protocol that are constant for all functions, like device numbers. Tell us which components you have, and we can tell you if it is possible to manually program for them. I use a combination of the Lookup Tool and RM to let guess whhich setup codes can be modified with keymoves.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WCLucas42 wrote:

Your suggestion in number 3 is interesting. I was unaware that you could use key moves to assign functionality for devices not configured in the remote. Can you do this from the keypad without a cable? It would give me something to do until the cable shows up.

If the switch and the receiver don't actually need a dedicated device in the remote the Blu-Ray and Xbox can each have their own device. That would greatly simplify things for everyone else involved.

Thanks again,
Bill

In order to setup a keymove from the keyboard, a setup code with the correct fixed data needs to be built-in. If we find one, you can temporarily assign the code to one of your device buttons, and then setup the keymvoes. The keymoves remember the setup code that was in place when they were setup. So when you set the device button to the setup code you really want, the keymoves will still work.

Hope that helps

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
WCLucas42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, thanks for the information.

Sorry my participation in my own question has been so sporadic. We have had a couple of IRL issues pushing my remote concerns to the bottom of the priority stack. I'm hoping to be able to give the key moves a shot soon. The fact that the device code is retained on the moved keys I think will let me do what I want without the cable...

I will post back to report the results when I do manage to get to it.

A simple test will be to reassign my Aux device to the Blu-Ray player and verify the volume controls and power for my receiver still work as expected.

Thanks again to everyone,
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: