JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Creating IR signals to unlock USB port on LG TVs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pay for and receive your remote and you put in new batteries (four AAA's, for this one, I think) - do not risk anything going wrong when hacking you TV or other device.

You set up the remote's TV device button to Setup code 0178 and check that it works your TV. You read the manual on how to program Magic Codes, select a button to use and then program the code to that button and carry out the hack. Once you have done the hack you shout about it to all your mates and hack their LG TVs but beware that newer models are coming out all the time and might have different hack codes - still, your remote can be re-programmed easily and LG don't seem likely to change the basic IR codes for their TV sets so the same Setup code should work just with a differnt hack code and/or hack method.

I had one of these remotes as my first OFA and my first foray into JP1. Personally I think it's bit too much bling over function but the friend I gave it to loves it and the backlight feature is good if you have a dark room. It does buzz a little and this is normal for bioluminescent backlights. The IR signal seems to be quite strong and clear.

If 0178 doesn't work or of you don't like the button layout, see if the manual lists any other LG TV codes.
funk82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

underquark wrote:
You pay for and receive your remote and you put in new batteries (four AAA's, for this one, I think) - do not risk anything going wrong when hacking you TV or other device.

You set up the remote's TV device button to Setup code 0178 and check that it works your TV. You read the manual on how to program Magic Codes, select a button to use and then program the code to that button and carry out the hack. Once you have done the hack you shout about it to all your mates and hack their LG TVs but beware that newer models are coming out all the time and might have different hack codes - still, your remote can be re-programmed easily and LG don't seem likely to change the basic IR codes for their TV sets so the same Setup code should work just with a differnt hack code and/or hack method.

I had one of these remotes as my first OFA and my first foray into JP1. Personally I think it's bit too much bling over function but the friend I gave it to loves it and the backlight feature is good if you have a dark room. It does buzz a little and this is normal for bioluminescent backlights. The IR signal seems to be quite strong and clear.

If 0178 doesn't work or of you don't like the button layout, see if the manual lists any other LG TV codes.

Gee thanks, you are so kind...one thing you missed though was to tell me which way up my batteries should go in the remote...
funk82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funk82 wrote:
Gee thanks, you are so kind...one thing you missed though was to tell me which way up my batteries should go in the remote...

Seriously though, once I have set up the code 0178 so that it works my TV (hopefully), I then just set-up the codes 018 (or 00018) and 019 (or 00019) for the EZ adjust menu and start up menu, then go into tool option 3 and change EMF to 1 and Divx to HD. Then it should work?

What are the chances of this going wrong providing I do everything I have set out above (and nothing more)? If something were to go wrong can it be fixed?

Cheers

Funk x
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I read the Ebay listing correctly, you are getting a URC-8040. According to the Lookup Tool (link at the top of this page), the 8040 does have setup code TV 0178 available, and it uses 3 digit EFCs.

So you would assign 0178 to the TV button, and assign 018/019 to some button of your choice.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funk82 wrote:
What are the chances of this going wrong providing I do everything I have set out above (and nothing more)? If something were to go wrong can it be fixed?

Let's be clear, here. This is a remote-control forum. If you follow the instructions given then you have, I'd say, close to 100% chance that the remote will send the correct signals. Whether it works or not depends on whether the hack information is correct for your model TV and on whether it has the usual firmware (that others appear to have tried the hack with) or whether it shipped with something different. The guide on hacking the USB port mentions bricking your TV 14 times so it would not appear to be without risk. Maybe it can be fixed. Who knows? Maybe you'd wish you had bought a plasma instead of an LCD as at least then you'd have a nice mirror if you bricked it.
funk82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

underquark wrote:
funk82 wrote:

Let's be clear, here. This is a remote-control forum. If you follow the instructions given then you have, I'd say, close to 100% chance that the remote will send the correct signals. Whether it works or not depends on whether the hack information is correct for your model TV and on whether it has the usual firmware (that others appear to have tried the hack with) or whether it shipped with something different. The guide on hacking the USB port mentions bricking your TV 14 times so it would not appear to be without risk. Maybe it can be fixed. Who knows? Maybe you'd wish you had bought a plasma instead of an LCD as at least then you'd have a nice mirror if you bricked it.

I was just looking for someone to "hold my hand" through the process. Having read some of the earlier posts this seemed like a good place for that.

I apologise for antagonising anyone.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all UQ is trying to say is, we don't offer any guarantees, and judging from some of the posts there is a chance that you could brick your set.

Furthermore, the folks in this forum are experts with remote controls, so we can help you get your remote to send any signal you like, but we're not experts with TVs, so you would be better off asking your LG specific questions in one of the forums that deals with hacking these sets.

It's not that we're not willing to help, nor that we've been antagonized, it's just that we're not qualified to give you the advice that you seek.

Last edited by The Robman on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Stommen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: PHilips srp3004 Reply with quote

Trying to figure out if my philips remote srp3004 is a UEI.
I, as many others, want to activate the usb for movies on my LG.
And how do I program it if its a UEI?
/Stommen
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: PHilips srp3004 Reply with quote

Stommen wrote:
Trying to figure out if my philips remote srp3004 is a UEI.

As far as I know the Philips remote is not a UEI remote. The most common UEI remotes are those that come with cable company devices.
Here is the Chart of Remotes that shows JP1 remotes. Many UEI remote that are not capable of being JP1 remotes can work to do this hack as well. The remote has to be able to do EFC-style keymoves to accomplish the hack.

Quote:

I, as many others, want to activate the usb for movies on my LG.
And how do I program it if its a UEI?
/Stommen

Follow the links at the beginning of this thread.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Stommen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Tried the steps in the beginning but I dont know which button is the set or magic button. Have a logitech 300i remote as well...
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model one-for-all remote are you using? Those steps won't work on a harmony.
Stommen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My remote is a Philips srp3004
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the Philips remote is not a UEI remote.

This instructions are for a UEI remote.

If you or a friend has a UEI cable remote, a OneForAll Remote or a RadioShack remote, or an RCA RCR05B you may be able to teach the hack to a harmony.

The following cable companies use UEI remotes
Bresnan, brighthouse, Buckye, Cable One, Cablevision,Charter, CityWest, Cogeco, comcast, Cox, EastLink, GCI, Insight, Knowlogy, Mediacom, Roghers, Shaw, Max , Suddenlink, sureWest, Time Warner, Westman, WOW

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Stommen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vickyg2003 for your help.
Borrowed a "One For All" remote and solved the problem. Works fine on my LG 42LD550 (nordic version).
kallekill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Help ! code for ez adjust LG42LD450N Reply with quote

I whant some help, i have a all for-one remote, to hack my usb but i cant see ez adjust in the manual i allways come to adjust check, anyone here can help me ?????
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: