JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Creating IR signals to unlock USB port on LG TVs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these the proper discrete EFC codes for this hack? I'd like to add them into the RMDU for sake of completion.
  • EZ-Adjust = 00018
  • IN-Start = 00019
  • POWER-ONLY = 00014
  • IN-Stop = 00015

orangedawg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, getting into the service menu allows you to activate the 3D and THX options (which is why I along with a number of people wanted a servcie remote to activate these). With all your help, I was able to use my RCA remote to activate these items. It works great! Thanks!
orangedawg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz, yes, those are the correct codes.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangedawg wrote:
eferz, yes, those are the correct codes.

Thanks, I just added them to the RMDU and listed them as a comment in the ICT file.
AzzaD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: what will the factory reset affect? Reply with quote

Hi new to the forums, and just wondering what the danger could be with me trying this on my 55LW9500 (Australian model) to activate 3d.
I'm looking at getting a One For ALL URC7950 and was just wondering whether the factory reset or anything could brick or reduce the smart tv functionality in any way?

Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: what will the factory reset affect? Reply with quote

AzzaD wrote:

I'm looking at getting a One For ALL URC7950 and was just wondering whether the factory reset or anything could brick or reduce the smart tv functionality in any way?

Thanks

We have no idea what the consequences of doing the hack will be. It could very well be that your TV will be bricked. We are not the LG experts that figured out how to do the hack, we are just the JP1 experts that can make UEI remotes perform the hack. Find an LG forum that is promoting the hack to get the assurances that you are looking for. There were some LG forums mentioned in the first page of this thread, some have been moved to .ru domains. That doesn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy about the information.
Manoj Jayswal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Can we activate 3D option in LG LW9500 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am not more expert.
This is my first time on this forums.
Please any one can help me . To activate 3D option in LG LW9500.
Because in Australi they disable 3D function.
Crying or Very sad
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no LG expert but from what I can gather on Oz av forums, though, it is not simply a case of enabling the 3D option but rather waiting until LG release the correct firmware for your country and then seeing if you can apply it to your TV.
iseek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone still checks this thread, but I registered hoping for your help. I am trying to configure my Harmony 880 to be able to access the EZ-adjust hidden menu on a LG LW475600. I still want to be able to use the 880 to actually control this TV once I add the ez-adjust.

The wiki seems to be down and frankly was confusing with the various choices when it was up and I was reading it (should have printed it out). Doing the pronto code string seemed destined for trouble and I read somewhere that it can mess up your other Harmony buttons.

The easiest way on the wiki seemed to be setting up an additional TV on Harmony and manually typing in LG 47LE5300-UCI. I tried that and that LG TV on the Harmony then lists buttons called EZ-ADJ, IN-START and IN-STOP. Do I only need the EZ-Adj button? And this button will then get me to the password screen? And I then add that button to my "Watch TV" activity that is otherwise based on my correct TV?

None of the directions I'm finding are very clear and before I "update" my remote I want to be sure I don't mess up anything and don't brick the TV (which has not yet arrived). It's clear I'm not the only one confused.

And I only use the EZ-adjust button to get into the main menu and out of the main menu? How do I move around, go into sub menus and change things once in the menu? Do I use the actual TV remote for that and for entering the password?

By the way I also have a OFA URC-8910 but the set button doesn't seem to be working. And I have an older Comcast universal remote but I don't know the brand or model since I don't have my manual for it anymore.

Thanks in advance (and sorry for sounding so confused)!
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iseek wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone still checks this thread, but I registered hoping for your help. I am trying to configure my Harmony 880 to be able to access the EZ-adjust hidden menu on a LG LW475600. I still want to be able to use the 880 to actually control this TV once I add the ez-adjust.

None of the directions I'm finding are very clear and before I "update" my remote I want to be sure I don't mess up anything and don't brick the TV (which has not yet arrived). It's clear I'm not the only one confused.

We have nothing to do with the Logitech's Harmony Remotes or the LG Televisions. Our only contribution to that project is to enable the recreation for JP1 compatible remotes of the IR signals necessary to get into LG TV's hidden features. You might want to try posting information about the actual hack in another forum more relative to it, like http://www.lg-hack.info/ or http://www.avsforum.com/.

Although having a Harmony remote myself, I do know that adding commands via Pronto Codes is service which Logitech provides to their Harmony Customers. So, you can call up their Technical Support Line and have them add it into your Harmony's profile for you. There's also a hack for Harmony Remotes which allows you to do it yourself without their support. However as with any unsupported tool or function, that is something you need to do at your own risk and accept any responsibilities in doing so.

Incidentally, to answer your other questions. The secret IR commands involved with the hack is just an extension of your current remote commands for the television. It is just four extra commands that empowers you with menus which you would not normally see. Navigating through these menus would be controlled the same way as the normal menus. If you haven't figured that part out with the plethora of information available on the internet, perhaps you shouldn't try it.

Last edited by eferz on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
iseek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
We have nothing to do with the Logitech's Harmony Remotes or the LG Televisions. Our only contribution to that project is to enable the recreation for JP1 compatible remotes of the IR signals necessary to get into LG TV's hidden features. You might want to try posting information about the actual hack in another forum more relative to it, like http://www.lg-hack.info/

Although having a Harmony remote myself, I do know that adding commands via Pronto Codes is service which Logitech provides to their Harmony Customers. So, you can call up their Technical Support Line and have them add it into your Harmony's profile for you. There's also a hack for Harmony Remotes which allows you to do it yourself without their support. However as with any unsupported tool or function, that is something you need to do at your own risk and accept any responsibilities in doing so.

Incidentally, to answer your other questions. The secret IR commands involved with the hack is just an extension of your current remote commands for the television. It is just four extra commands that empowers you with menus which you would not normally see. Navigating through these menus would be controlled the same way as the normal menus. If you haven't figured that part out with the plethora of information available on the internet, perhaps you shouldn't try it.

I actually have read the plethora of information, which is what is causing the confusion because there are no simple clear answers to be found. And most of the responses to people are variations of "use the search function." By the way, the LG hack link you posted looks to be almost entirely filled with pirates listing their offers to sell credit card and banking info so I don't know that it would be a good/safe place to get any info for a remote hack. Have you set your Harmony to add the commands?

And could I use my Comcast remote? Is there a way to determine what the brand and product number is to that remote if I don't have the manual?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iseek wrote:
I actually have read the plethora of information, which is what is causing the confusion because there are no simple clear answers to be found. And most of the responses to people are variations of "use the search function." By the way, the LG hack link you posted looks to be almost entirely filled with pirates listing their offers to sell credit card and banking info so I don't know that it would be a good/safe place to get any info for a remote hack.

I noticed that but there is still a wealth of information buried in their earlier posts. Again, whether or not you think that place is safe or not, this is not the correct place to ask about any information directly specific to the LG Hack as our contribution is only the relative to JP1 compatible remotes. Google has a nifty tool which might help you find relative information.

iseek wrote:
Have you set your Harmony to add the commands?

No. Back when I needed to add commands which weren't already referenced, I either learned the commands from another remote or emailed the Pronto Codes to a support agent for them to do it for me. In my opinion, the Harmony Remotes are pretty much garbage in comparison to the average JP1 remote for customization. The best thing that Logitech has going for them is their Crowd Sourced IR Database.

iseek wrote:
And could I use my Comcast remote? Is there a way to determine what the brand and product number is to that remote if I don't have the manual?

If you don't have the JP1 cable then you could use the respective discrete commands with UEI's EFC codes for either your URC-8910 or Comcast remote. According to some of the earliest posts in this thread, "Any Universal Remote that can send NEC1, device 4 codes is capable of creating the IR signals. So, you can use our Lookup Tool by protocol to find the correct setup code for your remote. For example, you can use one of three TV setup codes (0019, 0030, or 0178) for the URC-8910 then either shoot the commands on the fly or program them to a button.

Last edited by eferz on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
iseek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
iseek wrote:
I actually have read the plethora of information, which is what is causing the confusion because there are no simple clear answers to be found. And most of the responses to people are variations of "use the search function." By the way, the LG hack link you posted looks to be almost entirely filled with pirates listing their offers to sell credit card and banking info so I don't know that it would be a good/safe place to get any info for a remote hack.

I noticed that but there is still a wealth of information buried in their earlier posts. Again, whether or not you think that place is safe or not, this is not the correct place to ask about any information directly specific to the LG Hack as our contribution is only the relative to JP1 compatible remotes. Google has a nifty tool which might help find relative information.

iseek wrote:
Have you set your Harmony to add the commands?

No. Back when I needed to add commands which weren't already referenced, I either learned the commands from another remote or emailed the Pronto Codes to a support agent for them to do it for me. In my opinion, the Harmony Remotes are pretty much garbage in comparison to the average JP1 remote for customization. The best thing that Logitech has going for them is their Crowd Sourced IR Database.

iseek wrote:

If you don't have the JP1 cable then you could use the respective discrete commands with UEI's EFC codes for either your URC-8910 or Comcast remote. According to some of the earliest posts in this thread, "Any Universal Remote that can send NEC1 device 4 codes is capable of creating the IR signals. So, you can use our Lookup Tool by protocol to find the correct setup code for your remote. For example, you can use one of three TV setup codes (0019, 0030, or 0178) for the URC-8910 then either shoot the commands on the fly or program to a button.

Again, I have done the searching and reading for hours. Unfortunately, many of the experts give the response you seem to keep pushing, which is that we should keep searching. I know how to use google and to search, but thanks for the suggestion.

As for the 8910, the set up button is not working so I can't set it up. My Harmony is well out of tech warranty so when I called to ask them to add the command they said I have to pay to get support. So, since this is the JP1 forum (and I am not a techie), I am asking if/how I can use my Comcast remote to set this up. I don't have the model number because I don't have the manual. A search brings up this: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote

My question is how would I add the "ez-adjust" button to the Comcast remote and then could I not just use that remote to teach by IR the Harmony on a given button for my actual TV? I did try the look up tool before I asked the initial question but as a non-techie I could not figure out what info I need to input. What is the "protocol?" I keep reading that the code for the ez-adjust is "0018" correct? And I don't have the model number for the Comcast remote. Thank you for bearing with me. I guarantee this info will be helpful for others.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iseek wrote:
Again, I have done the searching and reading for hours. Unfortunately, many of the experts give the response you seem to keep pushing, which is that we should keep searching. I know how to use google and to search, but thanks for the suggestion.

Usually, when people give you response like that, they've exhausted their patience in rehashing information that's already present and retold many times before. The only reason why I'm giving you that response is because we do not know the specifics about the hack. Only how to recreate the appropriate signals with a JP1 compatible remote.

iseek wrote:
As for the 8910, the set up button is not working so I can't set it up.

The nice thing about the URC-8910 is that it has the 6-pin JP1 header. This means you can use Tommy's USB Flash cable and the EEPROM adapter to reprogram it with our tools. It can even probably be used on your Comcast remote provided the same 6-pin header is inside of it too.

iseek wrote:
So, since this is the JP1 forum (and I am not a techie), I am asking if/how I can use my Comcast remote to set this up. I don't have the model number because I don't have the manual.

Comcast usually doesn't give people the manual with their remotes, so that's a given. Sometimes, there's a label in the battery compartment which might help. But, usually you can figure which one you have by the color of the Ok/Select button, whether or not you have an On Demand and/or My DVR buttons, and the tone of grey of the shell. Here is the official UEI support page for the different models.

iseek wrote:
My question is how would I add the "ez-adjust" button to the Comcast remote

Once you figure out the correct setup code and set it up on the remote, our wiki can has instructions; Manual Programming 9xx Commands on how to either add EFC codes to the remote or emit them on the fly.

iseek wrote:
and then could I not just use that remote to teach by IR the Harmony on a given button for my actual TV?

Sure, I don't see why not.

iseek wrote:
I did try the look up tool before I asked the initial question but as a non-techie I could not figure out what info I need to input. What is the "protocol?"

The protocol is a directive in how to properly format IR signal, in this case NEC1 is the correct "protocol". Also, "Dev 1" would be 4; this is one of the parameters of the protocol necessary to format the signal appropriately.

iseek wrote:
I keep reading that the code for the ez-adjust is "0018" correct?

No, you're reading it wrong if you are. It would either be "018" or "00018". Depending on your remote, it will either accept a three or five digit EFC code. There are no four digit EFC codes.

Last edited by eferz on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 posts by 3FG on the very first page tell you exactly what to do step by step. The rest of the thread is people asking specifics about the LG service menu about which none of us have a clue.

FYI, the 8910 takes 3 digit EFCs.

I don't see how harmony is relevant to the discussion since it doesn't have any way to enter or send the codes we're talking about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: