JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Questions on URC 6131

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raul_Giacoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Questions on URC 6131 Reply with quote

I have two questions with this remote.

1) I got a new tv and assigned the tv code to it. It works fine except for the volume adjustment. I can no longer hold the volume buttons down to increase/decrease volume. I now have to press the volumes repeatedly. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

2) On my previous tv, I had set up the video switch to work for all devices. On my new tv, pressing the video switch pulls up a listing of the input devices. I must then navigate to the desired input and select it. I have found the discrete codes for the inputs and want to program my remote to use the discrete code when actually pushing the corresponding device button. For example, pressing the dvd input will set the remote in dvd mode and also set the video input to the dvd. Is this possible?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) It sounds like the code you selected is NEC1 whereas your TV is looking for NEC2. If you state what code you are using and what brand and model of TV you have, maybe we can help.

2) To program those functions to the device buttons, you will need an extender. However, if you don't want to use an extender just yet, you could pick a button to be your "input" button, then program a keymove to that button in each mode to select the correct input.
Raul_Giacoman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) My TV is a Samsung DLP HLN617W. The TV code I am using is 0060. All the functionality works using this code except for the volume changing problem.

2) What is an extender? I thought about using other buttons, but I don't have any logical ones to choose from. It would be real slick to use the actual input buttons, so I was trying that first.

Thanks for your help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raul_Giacoman wrote:
1) My TV is a Samsung DLP HLN617W. The TV code I am using is 0060. All the functionality works using this code except for the volume changing problem.

The correct setup code for your TV is TV/0702. It uses the same EFCs as TV/0060, except the protocol is NECx2 rather than NECx1.

Raul_Giacoman wrote:
2) What is an extender? I thought about using other buttons, but I don't have any logical ones to choose from. It would be real slick to use the actual input buttons, so I was trying that first.

It's a program that you can load into the remote that takes over control and then lets you do alot of things that the remote would normally prevent you from doing. There's a folder for Extenders over at Yahoo and a forum dedicated to them here.

In your case, I think it would be easier to just pick a button that you don't really need in any mode (candidates might be PVR menu, Thumbs +/-, SLOW, AUDIO/CC, SUBT, one of the PIP buttons, etc) and then just consider this button to be your all purpose INPUT button (regardless of how the button is labelled, you'll get to remember it pretty quickly once you start using it) and then program the input select codes to this button as keymoves.
Raul_Giacoman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot for the info. I will use your suggestion for #2 and just pick an unused button.
Neil P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob:

Samsung TV code 0060 Nec1 vs 0702 does that apply to all URC remote, for me specifcally the 8810W? I have the same volume issue with an older Samsung TV.

No harm in trying huh?

Neil P
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TV/0702 code isn't in the URC_8810w but you can easily add it. I just loaded a KM file for TV/0702 into the TV folder. In addition to all the EFCs that are normally assigned, I also added all the EFCs listed for TV/0060 on my site.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/TV/TV-0702.txt
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: