JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 1055 Help Needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lexluthor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't look like any key moves or special discrete codes, etc. carried over.

Now I'm sitting with an new KM Excel spreadsheet with the new remote, but without key moves and an old KM Excel spreadsheet with the old remote and the key moves.

Any ideas how to get the special things moved over?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you download from the new remote using IR, it should detect the signature for you (ie, the 30333033 thing), so there shouldn't be any guesswork involved.

If you manually setup the keymoves in IR before, you will have to do them again.

If the keymoves were coming from KM, they were most likely because the keymaps in the old remote didn't have enough buttons in them. If the new remote has better keymaps, you might not need as many keymoves (if any).
lexluthor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I think I've made a lot of progress.

I used the old IR config to try to figure out what was going on exactly.

I saw that I actually had 2 different TV codes set up in IR because HDMI and Component Discrete inputs are set up on a subdevice code, so I got those working.

As far as the keymoves, I probably can pretty much copy the data from the old IR and add each (not that many) manually to the new IR and that should work or to do it right, I could try to get them into the KM excel files so I have those correct, if I ever need to work with those, but either way, I think I'll get that.

There might be one or 2 other minor things I need, but I'm well on my way.

Thanks again!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, it sounds like you're making progress.

Btw, if any of your KM files are files that you created from scratch, or are for devices not represented here in the file section, please load copies of the KM text files into the appropriate folder. Then, not only will you be able to find them in the future (after a harddrive crash perhaps) but others will be able to use them.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got all of my KM files here originally that's to the community here.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learning more....looks like most of my custom button selections probably did carry over.

I just read this in KM

"Buttons assigned a Function will be setup as part of the Device Upgrade except when preceded with an '@' (i.e. '@ setup'), in which case they will be created as Key Moves bound to the current device."

If I set the remote type in KM to my old remote, many more button items have the @ symbol in front than when I set it to the new remote.

So, I guess all of my custom settings did carry over, but they are just showing up in buried in the device upgrade code rather than as key moves.

I had thought that my custom changes were lost, but it looks like they are all still there.

I guess you were trying to tell me that, I just didn't understand it.

Very nice.

I'll have to verify that tonight when I get home, but I'm pretty sure. Glad I kept my the .txt and .xls KM files Smile

I still need to rebuild a couple of macros and then the change to a day+/- button from the settings rocker is causing me a problem with not being able to bring up a menu on the cable box, but I'll figure that out yet.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexluthor wrote:
I guess you were trying to tell me that, I just didn't understand it.

Exactly.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All done. I think I got everything exactly as it was now. The settings button changing to day +/- was the only thing I really had to account for. Everything else was picked up in the km files when I moved them over.

One last question.

What are the options for CBL/TV/DVD/AUD Setup Code Lock in IR? I don't think my old remote had those.

Thanks again! Great forum.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Atlas remotes are designed to be used by cable companies and the like, so UEI has built in the option for the OEM to lock down the setup code for their device on a specified device button.

It's not something you would want to do, but as the feature's there, we report it and give you the ability to control it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: