JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 1055 Help Needed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lexluthor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Atlas 1055 Help Needed Reply with quote

Hi,

I just replaced my old Atlas 1054 (JP1.1) remote with an Atlas 1055 (JP1.3) remote. When I try to do download from remote in IR, it says someting about it being a 30333033 remote.

I got the necessary USB to JP1.3 cable and installed the driver.

I had IR all set up with my various devices, key moves and macros.

I tried just plugging in the new remote and uploading the data to it, but got an error about how the devices are different.

What's the easiest way I can get all of my data to the new remote? Can I do it without rebuilding the whole thing?

I probably last used all of these programs a couple of years ago and aren't that excited to have to re-learn everything.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no shortcuts I'm afraid, you will have to build the new IR file from scratch, you can't load the old JP1.1 file into the JP1.3 remote.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,

I don't even know where to start again.

I guess I have a lot of reading to do.

Nothing at all I can salvage from my current IR saved file?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, you could import the upgrades as "raw" using RM and then change them from the 1054 to the 1055 and then copy them to the new IR file, but it might be simpler to just download your old KM/RM files from the file section and re-configure them.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Sure, you could import the upgrades as "raw" using RM and then change them from the 1054 to the 1055 and then copy them to the new IR file, but it might be simpler to just download your old KM/RM files from the file section and re-configure them.

How would I try doing the first thing exactly?

As far as the 2nd way, I don't even remember what I did years ago. I think I have the old device files, but I'll have to figure out what to do with them.

Can you at least point me to the files I need to get started? I've been reading, but still confused if I need .rdf files or .rmdu or what to get started again.

Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that you loaded copies of your files into the file section, you could start by doing a search for files that you created.

If you didn't load copies of your files, your next step would be to see if we have files for each of your devices.

To remind yourself what to do with the files, read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help
lexluthor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Assuming that you loaded copies of your files into the file section, you could start by doing a search for files that you created.

To remind yourself what to do with the files, read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help

I have a saved .IR file. Is that what you are referring to? I think I also have some KM excel files that I had customized.

What file do I need to get started with the new remote though? Which file contains all the info for the 1055 (30333033) device?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do a download from your 1055. That's the best way to start.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to the original KM (or RM) upgrade files. I'm assuming that you either downloaded the files from here or you created them from scratch, and if you created them I'm hoping that you loaded them into the file section to share with others. So either way, the files should be available here in the file section.

The next step would be to load each device file, one at a time, into either KM or RM, then change the selected remote to your remote. In KM, you would select "Atlas OCAP URC-1055/1056". In RM you would select "Atlas 5 Day URC-1055 JP1.3 3033".
lexluthor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I was referring to the original KM (or RM) upgrade files. I'm assuming that you either downloaded the files from here or you created them from scratch, and if you created them I'm hoping that you loaded them into the file section to share with others. So either way, the files should be available here in the file section.

The next step would be to load each device file, one at a time, into either KM or RM, then change the selected remote to your remote. In KM, you would select "Atlas OCAP URC-1055/1056". In RM you would select "Atlas 5 Day URC-1055 JP1.3 3033".

I have original KM files for my devices (originally obtained here), so I guess I'm best off using KM rather than RM.

I see how I can create a new KM v9.19 template and choose the Atlas OCAP URC-1055/1056, but not sure what to do next.

For example, I have a KM v8.31 excel spreadsheet for my SA8300 cable box. There are probably a couple of key moves and customizations in there.

But, the KM v8.31 spreadsheet doesn't have my remote as a choice. I guess if it did, all I'd have to do would be to change the remote type and copy over to IR, right?

But, since it's not, what do I do?

Can I open the old KM device file, save it as a .txt, then load it back in the new template and then choose the correct remote?

I very much appreciate your assistance here so far.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KM files are text files that can be loaded into any newer version of KM and modified. If you've been saving the entire KM spreadsheet for each of your devices, all you need to do is fire it up and use the SAVE button (not the menu option) to save a KM text file. Then you can download KM 9.19 and change the selected remote to your remote.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have all of the excel files saved in addition to the .txt files.

I just took my DVD player's excel file that's in KM 9.08 format. I saved the .txt file from that and loaded that .txt file into the excel KM 9.19 template.

In the upgrade code box in the setup tab, I see the upgrade code, plus some codes for keymap moves.

As soon as I change it to the Atlas OCAP remote, I lose all of those keymap moves.

Is the only way no to figure out all of the keymap moves and re-create them?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you don't need keymoves to program those buttons with the new remote.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Some progress, but still in bad shape.

I opened the old KM Excel files. I saved the settings as a .txt.

I opened the KM 9.19 template and loaded the .txt files.

I changed the Remote to Atlas OCAP URC-1055/1056.

I then opened IR using 30333033 (Atlas 5 Day URC-1055_11055 JP1.3 3033).rdf

I went to devices, added my Cable Box and TV (actually the TV is newer and I used RM to make the TV device codes).

I uploaded successfully to remote.

But, nothing is working at all. I can't even turn on the Cable box or TV.

If I hit the power button, the Aux, DVD, TV and CBL buttons all light up at the same time.

If I hit the the Ch+/- or Vol +/- buttons in either CBL or TV, all of those same buttons light up at once again.

I'm pretty sure I do have the 30333033 remote from all I can tell. Inside the battery compartment, it says 1055BC2.

Any ideas now?
lexluthor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind. Making more progress.

I did a 981 clear of the remote.

This time, I first downloaded from remote to IR. Then I added my devices, then uploaded to remote and it's good.

That's the easy remote with Cable Box and TV.

I still have to do my other remote with a TV with multiple inputs, Sony Receiver, DVD and definitely some discrete codes.

Let's see how that goes now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: