JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sky HD for 7562 B01
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidbooker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Vicky

Do I need to start with a blank RMDU file (if so, where do I find one as my copy of RM does not have a "New File" selection), or can I adapt a ready made file from another codeset?

I understand OBC entries, but what about the EFC, EFCS and Hex entries, as the IR.exe learning mode shows only the signal frequencies - perhaps I'm being thick here, and the EFC acronym has something to do with frequency.

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm learning......thanks for your patience, I really do appreciate it.

Kind regards, David
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I gave you some bumm information as M is supposed to be 6 after reading further.

Quote:
Do I need to start with a blank RMDU file (if so, where do I find one as my copy of RM does not have a "New File" selection), or can I adapt a ready made file from another codeset?

RM should have File/New as the first option on the menu. Whenever you open RM you are starting with a file that you can work with, but I'm wondering why you don't get the NEW option on the FILE menu.

Quote:
I understand OBC entries, but what about the EFC, EFCS and Hex entries, as the IR.exe learning mode shows only the signal frequencies - perhaps I'm being thick here, and the EFC acronym has something to do with frequency.

The tools caculate the EFC's and the HEX for you. EFC's is an acronym for something, but heck if I know what it stands for. I can explain this though.

If you could see the IR floating through the air, (which I can with my widget) a section of the signal changes with each button push. This is called the Function or OBC. If we saw 0000 0101 floting through the air the HEX for this would be 05h but the OBC may be 005 or 144 depending on which way the protocol requires. In our case the, the protocol is msb, so the hex will be the hex of the OBCs. The EFC's are UEI's way of hiding what the HEX is.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this IR file, which has the upgrade pre-loaded...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8115
davidbooker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman - You are a star!!
Many, many thanks for all your advice and hard work in getting this code to work for me. It has completely solved my problem.

Kindest regards,

David

PS Many thanks for your advice and time as well, Vicky.
davidbooker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Intermittent Select Operation Reply with quote

Hi - sorry to resurrect an old thread.

The .ir file that Rob very kindly created for me way back in March is really great, but there is one very minor problem. In the SkyHD EPG, the "Select" (mute) key refused to work at all, so I overwrote it and performed a "learn" operation from the original remote. Despite bonding it to the SAT function key, I find that the Select key will sometimes only work if you press the SAT function key first, despite already being in that function mode.

What annoys both me and my wife is that it works intermittently, so that you don't always have to press the SAT key prior to a select operation, but you usually do. This might not sound too bad, but if you are watching in bed, it can be difficult to find the correct function key in the dark.

Now that Sky has at last produced a new OS to sort out the incredibly unreliable and buggy Amstrad HD box (and it actually works!) this minor flaw is the only remaining fly in the ointment.

Can you suggest any simple modification to the .IR file to incorporate the correct Select function?

Many thanks for your help.
NBoater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,
I have looked at your IR file and it looks as though you have the SKY Select function on the Mute button, which as you also have VPT enabled to your TV I am surprsed it ever works.
I have uploaded an RM file for the 7562, which should allow you to create an IR file with exactly what you want.
See http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9182
Personally, I don't use the Menu function of the remote and always have Select/OK for all of my devices on the 10 key and Backup/Exit on the AV key. This circumvents the problem of multi level menus in which the first press of Backup exits from Menu mode and the AV key reverts to its "normal" function.

NBoater
davidbooker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NBoater

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, code 1847 operates both Sky HD and Sky+ (in common with code 1175). Robman very kindly wrote a custom code (2000) for me, based on the learnt signals uploaded from my original Amstrad SkyHD remote. This does not operate the Sky+ box. The select problem exists only in the 2000 .ir file.

I tried your rmdu file, and the "Select" key does not function at all. In the 1175 ir file, which I use on another function key, both the "MUTE(select)" keys and "Select" keys have code entries of 5c 176. However, in the 2000 ir file, "MUTE(select)" has code 5c 176, but "Select" is listed as "not mapped", so perhaps a clue lies here.

In your ir file, both "MUTE(select)" and "Select" keys are unmapped.

Kind regards,

David

PS Just reread your post, and just spotted the "Select" function is on the 10 key in your code....sorry! However, code 1175 on my 7562 operates both my HD and Sky+ boxes perfectly, so the defect must be in the unmapped 2000 "Select" key entry. Don't know how to modify it, that's the problem!

Last edited by davidbooker on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
NBoater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

I hadn't spotted the difference in the protocol. However, the way to get round this is to load your modified setup into IR from RM and then in IR go to the Devices tab and change the Fixed data from EC 00 to EC 05, which should then just control the required SKY device.

Regards,
NBoater
davidbooker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks NBoater

I loaded in code 1175, and changed the protocol from 00 to 05, and reassigned it as code 2000. It works a treat on the SkyHD box, without any interference to the Sky+ box - and the select key operates properly on HD! Had I known this in February, I needn't have troubled Rob to write a new code.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

David.
NBoater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Further investigation on this shows that if you set the Device in RM to 5 then the Fixed Data will be EC 05.

There is a reference to this in the last post of this thread.

Regards,
NBoater
davidbooker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NBoater

Well spotted, and most interesting.

Have I interpreted this correctly? All the modes in which current Sky remotes can be set to operate are simply the same key codeset, each mode being differentiated by separate EC numbers, 00 for Sky+, 05 for HD, etc?

I use the brilliant SkyEye (connected to the lounge HD box) in the bedroom (where the Sky+ box is), and this gives instructions on how to change the operational mode of Sky remotes - I think there are four modes for each of the three types of box, giving twelve modes overall. Presumably the primary box modes are set by changing the EC flag as discussed, but I wonder what method is used to change the submodes. Why would one need so many modes?

Hope this makes sense!

Regards,

David
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need all of the modes for those crazy users who have multiple Sky boxes in the same room, to allow each to be independently controlled.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: