JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need IR codes to control SA/Cisco/Comcast STB RNG 100
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonwz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Rob, thanks for the work you've put in creating the C0015_OBJ file.

I think I was able to update the Replaytv disk, I used the following command:

extract_rtv5 -p1 -w ./sys2/OS/IRBlaster/C0015.OBJ C0015_OBJ

I can tell from a volmeter that selecting other, c0015 and testing with the replaytv setup, is putting out *something*, but it won't control that cisco rng100 stb.

I was trying to use a custom IR replacement cable that the inventor says others have used between a replaytv and a comcast stb (he sells it as a tivo to comcast stb cable on ebay). Next Tuesday I'll try an actual IR emitter if I can find one that works (I have no luck with those things). I usually try to test them with the ol' digital camera trick.

If you have any other thoughts on the obj file, or if I mucked up the extract command, please let me know.

Thanks again, Jon

P.S. I updated the harddrive using an external usb enclosure, but as extract seemed to be able to identify it, list the files and claim a successful update, I'm assuming that is as good as doing an internal ata connection.

The Robman wrote:
If you're comfortable messing with the harddrive, the process doesn't sound that difficult to add a new OBJ code. You need to use the program extract_rtv, which I'm guessing that you've used before.

I just re-read the instructions and I see that it's easier to replace an existing OBJ file than it is to create a new one, so with that in mind, I have re-formatted the C1982_OBJ file as C0015_OBJ here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8707

So all you have to do is replace the C0015_OBJ file that is already in your Showstopper file system with the one that I created, then use C0015 to work your Cisco box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> ReplayTV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: