JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Codes for Denon S-101 HTIB?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mulvaney

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Codes for Denon S-101 HTIB? Reply with quote

Hi, I did some JP1 years ago, but am getting back into it -- I hope.

Looking to know if there is a code map for a Denon S-101 out there. I could not find one anywhere. See below.

1. Device: Denon S-101. This is similar to the S-301, S-302, and S-102 I believe.
2. Type of device: HTIB (Amp, Tuner, DVD, speakers)
3. Year: Bought 2007
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Cox URC-7820 (URC 7820ABP1-0004-R)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Plan to order -- I have an old "original" JP1 cable, but that won't work with this remote
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes -- Nothing Denon related in HTIB
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Checked. Nothing matching.
9. Partially working setup code? Yes - 1360 (from Amps/Tuners). Works Power and Volume, but no DVD transport keys.
10. Learning remote question? No. Not a learning remote AFAIK.

All help/advice appreciated. Since the URC-7820 is not a learning remote, it's going to be hard if there are no maps for the S-101 of any kind.

Thanks.
John
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still have your old JP1 cable, do you also still have your old URC-8810 remote? If so, you can use that remote to capture the signals from the Denon remote, then use your old cable to download the remote's memory and get the code info.

You can still use the resulting upgrade in the Cox remote when you get the right cable for that.

The audio/1360 code uses the Denon Combo protocol and the volume buttons use Denon device code 2, so audio/0160 would probably work also.

You might want to try DVD/0634 to see if that works the DVD functions.
mulvaney

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
Some great ideas in your reply...

1 - I do have the old URC-8810 remote, so learning on that and moving it via JP1 software on the Cox remote should work. I definitely had not thought of that!

2 - The DVD/0634 does work for the DVD functions. I had tried that code before, but I only tested the power button (which does not map). I had to "unlock" the cable number/enter buttons to enable Select in DVD mode, but after that, it works fine.

That said, I am _almost_ there now.
    - Putting dvd/0634 onto DVD give me transport buttons, navigation, Menu, and Info -- all I need on a day to day basis.
    - Putting audio/1360 onto AUX and using AUX as the volume lock device lets me do volume/mute of the Denon from any mode. This has a working Power button also.
    - The TV is fine. It is just a monitor anyway, all I really use is Power.
    - The DVR/Cable is fine as that's what this remote was designed to control.

The only (significant) thing missing is an Input Toggle for the Denon. The DVD map has no key for this. The AUX map uses some of the number keys for inputs, but none for the input I need! One (5) forces DVD mode, one (9) forces TUNER mode, and two force AUX3 mode (3,6), but nothing forces AUX1 (which is where the DVR signal comes in). Oddly, the original Denon remote uses a toggle for AUX1/AUX2/AUX3, but that does not seem to have mapped.

Now I have to try to justify the cost of a JP1 cable and all the time for that one button. But, hey, there is not much point putting _almost_ all of it on one remote and still needing a 2nd one, so I may be back!

Thanks for your help -- as I said, I'm _almost_ there.

John
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, the following should also work, 7 = Phono, 2 = CD and 4 = DBS.

If your remote supports 5 digit EFCs, you should be able to program the input toggle button using EFC5 code 33879
mulvaney

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to manually apply the EFC5 code of 33879 to a key under the audio/1360 map, but it was not the EFC5 code I was looking for.

As it turns out 33879 toggles the audio-input (DTS, PMS, ANALOG), not the video input (AUX1, AUX2, AUX3).

I thought I would try using KM to generate all the EFC5 codes (and spare asking more questions), but while I loaded my URC-7820, I could not figure out how to get it to load in the code map for 1360 so it would (hopefully) show me all the EFC5 codes. I'm clearly missing something here.

So, a few questions:
    1 - Do you have a table of EFC5 codes for codes 1360 and 0634 (the two I am using to jointly cover this HTIB)? Alternatively, what do I need to do with RM to do this myself?
    2 - Simpler (for me anyway)... can you figure out what the ECF5 code for the AUX1/AUX2/AUX3 toggle is?
    3 - If I get the right EFC5 code, and I put it in on the "AUX" mode of the remote, is there a way I can duplicate it over to the "DVD" mode? I thought I read that somewhere on the forum, but I've lost it.

Thanks for whatever you can do. Soooooo close now.
John
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me tell you how I got that EFC5 code, then you can go looking for yourself. I really don't maintain the advance code lists on the main part of this site anymore, so your best resource for codes are the many upgrade files here in the file section.

To get that EFC5 code, all I did was open up one of the many Denon upgrades in KM and look for an INPUT function. Some Denon upgrades just use the standard Denon protocol (with a device code of 2), you will want to skip those, you're looking for upgrades that use the Denon Combo protocol.

But you know what, rather than going about this the hard way, why not just learn the video input button from the Denon remote using your URC-8810 and then download the learned signal using your old JP1 cable, as this will tell us the OBC and device code. We would then input those into a combo code upgrade in KM or RM to get the EFC5 code.
mulvaney

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I ended up going the semi-brute force route with good success. I brought in each of the Denon upgrades into KM and noted likely ECF5 codes, then just tried them out. It did not take too long to find the one I needed.

That Cox URC-7820 does accept ECF5 codes, which is great. It does not seem to support key moves (I tried to move the input selection from AUX to DVD), although the lights blink as though it supports this. Same goes for learning in general -- it "blnks" like it learns, but nothing takes. None of this is documented for it, so I'll be happy with the ECF5 semi-solution.

I also tried using the 8811 to learn and then download the codes, but I could not get it to learn the code, nor could I get my old cable to work with it and Vista.

Other than wanting to move a couple of AUX keys over to DVD, I am set for now.

Thanks for all your help. I can see from all the threads I have read that you put an extroidinary amout of time into this forum -- I very much appreciate having you out there for questions.

John
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Now that you have all the codes, could you create an upgrade file for this device. If you're not confident that you know how, could you list all the codes that you've found that work, and also list all the buttons that work in the 2 or more upgrades that you're using, then I'll compile the data and create an upgrade.
mulvaney

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I uploaded a spreadsheet to the Codes/Home-Theater section that documents my current remote setup. Until I get a cable and a cheap JP1 learning remote I wouldn't be able to tackle creating an actual upgrade.

The gist is that if the "DVD" and "AUX" functions are essentially merged into an upgrade, plus adding the one ECF5 code for AUX1, then we would have a pretty serviceable upgrade for the Denon S-101 HTIB.

More power to you if you can bang that out quickly!

Since having a JP1 learning remote is pretty key to figuring out missing buttons, do you have a recommendation for one? Not for day to day use, just for use as a tool.

Thanks again for your help, and I hope this spreadsheet is helpful.
John
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to the file in question:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6092

As to your question of what you can do without having a JP1 cable, you can look at the codes that have been documented in other Sony upgrades and you can look at the codes on our Sony site ( at http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony ) and if you find something that you want to try, you can use KM or RM to calculate the EFC5 code for you to test. If you want to try this, I can try and explain it in greater detail.

I'll take a look at the file later and see if I can compile an upgrade out of it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an upgrade based on the info provided here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6199
mulvaney

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Looking for one EFC5 code for Denon S-101 Reply with quote

The basics:

1. Device: Denon S-101. This is similar to the S-301, S-302, and S-102 I believe.
2. Type of device: HTIB (Amp, Tuner, DVD, speakers)
3. Year: Bought 2007
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Cox URC-7820 (URC 7820ABP1-0004-R)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? An old parallel one that I can no longer get to work
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes - 1360 (from Amps/Tuners). Works Power and volume. I use 0634 in DVD mode for transport keys.
10. Learning remote question? No. Not a learning remote AFAIK.

Between the 1360 code and the 0634 code, plus some EFC5 keys, I have it almost where I want it. I am still looking for an EFC5 code for AUX2.

I have a code for AUX1, DVD, Tuner, and AUX3, but for the life of me cannot find one that works for AUX2. I've been through (with KM) all the Denon maps that will open, and have tried a zillion codes.

But! I nearly have the solution. On an old URC-8810B00 remote (my years old first JP1 device) I have discovered that when I load up code map 1160, the "9" key is AUX2!!!!

So, all I need is the EFC5 code from the "9" key on map 1160. The new Cox remote does not have 1160 in its brain, and without a new cable, I have no way to get that one code.

Is there a KM map that matches the 1160 code set? I could bring that into KM and get the EFC5 code for that one key.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
John
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the Lookup Tool linked at the top of this page. Use Device Search, entering Audio 1160. Click Search and on the new page click EFC.

Yields 67577, 67417, and 67401 as possibilities for digit 9.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Audio number keys are very inconsistant across remotes, not surprising since these usually select inputs. The 8810 is in the lookup Tool's data set so one of those values that 3fg supplied, should work.

Quote:
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? An old parallel one that I can no longer get to work

Have you changed to a new computer with a newer operating system that doesn't allow bit banging on the parallel port? If not, have you tried all the battery tricks with this cable? Using my parallel cable is always an adventure because it is so sensitive to the voltage(?). Each remote I have requires different batterie tricks.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky's referring to this thread for parallel cable "tricks".

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: