JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beta Test: Using JP1 (EEPROM) with 64-bit Vista/Win7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now started along the route to install this driver. My setup is 32-bit Vista (without SP1). I'm pretty sure I was using the revised WinUsbDemo2 (it was one dated 25 Jan, not the one dated 23 Jan) but I still got the GUID written into a DeviceName subfolder of Parameters. There was a DeviceName value in Parameters, but it was a different one. I did uninstall the original Delcom driver before I started, but I suppose it could have been left over.

Anyway, I have manually corrected that. The current state of play is that if I have the interface plugged in before I open IR.exe then I get "Unable to open device. Please check connection." If I open IR.exe and then plug in the interface, I get "DeviceIoControl failed in SetBits." That sounds as if it is as far as anyone has got so far, but no further. Smile
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Project2

This is a test program for the WinUSB driver (and Delcom driver) written in Delphi7. It neither reads nor writes to the registry, and has no effect on IR.exe. It does provide error messages when something fails.

In the upper right are radio buttons. Testers using the WinUSB driver should select the top radio button. I hope that someone who has the ordinary Delcom driver running will try this program, so that we can verify that it works correctly with the regular driver. In that case, select the Delcom radio button. The FTDI button is for my use. I don't have any Delcom hardware, so I use the FTDI driver as a proxy during testing.

Please check operation using both CTRL CODEs.

Start by clicking Find Delcom (having made sure to select the correct Driver radio button). This should display a string which is similar to "\\?\usb#vid_0fc5&pid_1222#5&26769126&0&3#{cafa8e93-7c32-4c27-b088-d8c36aaf4ebf}". If it fails to find the Delcom interface, the display should show "cafa8e93-7c32-4c27-b088-d8c36aaf4ebf not found". If it isn't found, try removing and then re-inserting the Delcom interface. For reference, if the Delcom original driver is used, the Guid is {b5157d69-75f8-11d3-8ce0-00207815e611}.

Then click on Open Device, followed by Read From 0, and finally Close Device.

If this reads back the first 256 bytes of the EEPROM, great! More likely, there will be errors. Please note the error number, and the routine in which the error occurred. The program shows a Windows-generated explanation of the error, but the error number is sufficient.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the test with Project2, running it straightforwardly and also running "as administrator". Both ways give the same results, as do both codes. On a first press of Open Interface I get

DeviceIoControl failed in SetBits(LastError=1)Incorrect function

and on further presses of it I get

Open device failed(LastError=5)Access is denied.

Hope this helps.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two installations of Vista on my machine, in separate partitions. Both are 32-bit without SP1. I have now installed the Delcom driver on the second installation and checked that it works by downloading a JP1 remote with IR.exe.

I'm afraid that it too fails the Project2 test, in a very similar way but different error numbers. I checked that Find Delcom gives the correct Delcom GUID. Then on a first press of Open Interface I get

DeviceIoControl failed in SetBits(LastError=87)Incorrect function

and on subsequent presses I get

Open device failed(LastError=231)All pipe instances are busy.

Hope this too helps, but it won't be what you wanted to hear!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,
Thanks very much for checking. It's not what I wanted to hear, but at least it gives me something to look for. It also shows that the Project2 code isn't correct in some way, since it didn't work for the original Delcom driver.

In the test with the Delcom driver, did error 87 really show "incorrect function", or "invaild parameter"?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure error 87 said "Incorrect function" as I was surprised that two error numbers gave the same wording.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've corrected the Project2 code based on Graham's results. I hope that now Project2 will work with the original Delcom driver.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you uploaded the wrong file. The exe file in the zip seems to be the original one.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get this straightened out tonight.

ETA: Uploaded correct file.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've done the tests with your uploaded Version 2. Here are the results.

With the WinUSB interface I now get:

DeviceIoControl failed in SetBits(LastError = 1)Incorrect function

with both codes and on each push of Open Interface (i.e. no longer get the LastError = 5 message).

With the Delcom interface I get different behaviour with each code. With code 220028 I get

DeviceIoControl failed in SetBits(LastError = 87)The parameter is incorrect

on each push of Open Interface (sorry about that - clearly I did tell you the wrong message last time).

With code 222028 it superficially appears to work. Open Interface has no visible effect. Read From 0 then displays data, but it is 01 followed by all other bytes 00 (which is wrong!). If I follow Read From 0 with GetBits then I get "GetBits result: 4616". If I do GetBits straight after Open Interface then it gives "GetBits result: 0".
gnm313

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Any Progress on this Reply with quote

Looks like this testing died. I am running Win7 x64 now and I would love to get this working. I will be happy to help out.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The testing didn't die, and IR 8.03 supports Win7 x64.
Download IR 8.03 , and also the x64 WinUSB driver.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't "die". It was completed. There is a stable driver that works just fine on the USB JP1 (EEPROM) adapter under 64-bit Windows Vista and Windows 7.

The dll is incorporated in the latest release of IR (8.03)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, 3FG, and the others that supported him when he was getting this going.

Thanks for all the hard work. I was dreading moving to 64bit windows, for fear that I wouldn't be able to play with my JP1 toys, but this driver did the trick.

All my old JP1 gear is up and running, so all I can say is thanks.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Bones357

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to get my JP1 EEPROM interface up and running on a Windows 8 machine.

Every time I try to install the 64 bit WINusb driver for the USB IO controller, I get this error message:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while trying to install it.

Delcom proxy

A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store."

Looking for a solution. Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: