JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need setup code for JVC RX-D206 Receiver
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burchis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Need setup code for JVC RX-D206 Receiver Reply with quote

I have found a few discrete functions codes from setup code 0074 for my receiver but need additional codes. ie- switch source input, on/off, etc.

I have a universal remote (URC-R6) that uses setup code 163 (found in operation manual) but can not find a cross match for needed discrete codes for this number.

Any help would be appreciated.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but this forum deals strictly with UEI remotes, not URC. So we can't help you. You may have more luck at remotecentral.com. If, on the other hand, you're trying to program a different remote that actually uses 0074, then we can certainly help you with that if you fill out the code search template.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we should point out that most non-UEI universal remotes do not have the ability to generate discrete codes (without learning them from other remotes), so I doubt that you can use your URC-R6 for this purpose.
burchis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should further explain that I do have a JP1.3 remote that I use to generate codes to teach my URC remote.

I hope to find the discrete codes for my JVC receiver that I can use with my JP1.3 remote and then transfer command to my URC remote.

Specifically, I need to find the code that changes my receiver input source between AM/FM, DVD, TV, etc.

Thanks for any help.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still need that template. In the mean time you can start your search using the Lookup Tool link at the top of this page.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my guesses ...

1. Device: JVC RX-D206
2. Type of device: audio Receiver
3. Year: unknown
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: unknown (but it's a JP1.3 model)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? unknown
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? unknown
9. Partially working setup code? audio/0074
10. Learning remote question? n/a
burchis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I see what you mean. I didn't reveal any useful information. I guess this is what happens when posting in two forums. Kind of forgot where I am.

My receiver is JVC RX-D206B. I did search for setup and discrete codes for this unit. Some of the discrete codes from 0074 setup does work but not the TV source input which is what I mostly need.

Thanks for being patient.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what remote do you have? Maybe there are better setup codes than 0074.

However, using 0074, EFC 00173 should provide the TV input. 00248 is Power On, and 00247 is Off.

See the 994 EFC keymove instructions to see how to assign these EFCs to a button
burchis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a URC-R6 remote to control my equipment which has learn capability. I use Insight remote,which has the red OK/Select button with PIP buttons along the button, to send discrete codes to my URC-R6 remote for.

What does EFC stand for? 00248 Does turn on my receiver and 00247 turns it off. However 00173 does not change the source input to TV.

Thanks.
burchis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
So what remote do you have? Maybe there are better setup codes than 0074.

However, using 0074, EFC 00173 should provide the TV input. 00248 is Power On, and 00247 is Off.

See the 994 EFC keymove instructions to see how to assign these EFCs to a button

Is there any trick to determine a discrete code from an original device remote?

I know that blink back (990) works to obtain setup code but what about a specific discrete code. Is there some similiar method for this?

i.e.- If I use my remote that shipped with my receiver to send a specific button command to my JP1.3 remote or some other learning remote and then using blink back to obtain the discrete code for that learned function.

Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try efc 00117 for TV

Quote:
Is there any trick to determine a discrete code from an original device remote?

Yes there is. The first thing you need to know is what your base code is. I used the Lookup Tool to see that Audio/0074 is sending a JVC style signal with Device 163 .

Knowing that I'd start opening different upgrades from the file section, looking to see what has been used by our users.

I opened one JVC Audio upgrade that used a JVC Combo type protocol. I found that the source inuputs, use many different Device Codes. With the Audio/0074 we can only use the codes from this upgrade that use device #163.

The setup code you are using JVC/0074 is a JVC device 163 code.

So from this list of source type codes. Note that the USB source uses a different device # so we can't use it with this particular setup code.
Code:

--Function -----------EFC --------Device
* source tv   117   163
* source dbs   203   163
* source vcr   121   163
* source dvr/dvd   171   163
source sirius         
* source fm/am   059   163
- source usb   155   175
* source aux   164   163

Since your remote is a JP1.3 remote, the efc's are really 5 digit, so they need to have two 0's prepended to them.

The EFC's will only work with setup codes that send the proper device and style signal. If we found discretes that use differnt devices, we'd want to do is look at the various JVC upgrades in your remote to see if they use different Device #'s or perhaps if they use a JVC Combo code.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
burchis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Try efc 00117 for TV

Yes there is. The first thing you need to know is what your base code is. I used the Lookup Tool to see that Audio/0074 is sending a JVC style signal with Device 163 .

Knowing that I'd start opening different upgrades from the file section, looking to see what has been used by our users.

I opened one JVC Audio upgrade that used a JVC Combo type protocol. I found that the source inuputs, use many different Device Codes. With the Audio/0074 we can only use the codes from this upgrade that use device #163.

The setup code you are using JVC/0074 is a JVC device 163 code.

So from this list of source type codes. Note that the USB source uses a different device # so we can't use it with this particular setup code.
Code:

--Function -----------EFC --------Device
* source tv   117   163
* source dbs   203   163
* source vcr   121   163
* source dvr/dvd   171   163
source sirius         
* source fm/am   059   163
- source usb   155   175
* source aux   164   163

Since your remote is a JP1.3 remote, the efc's are really 5 digit, so they need to have two 0's prepended to them.

The EFC's will only work with setup codes that send the proper device and style signal. If we found discretes that use differnt devices, we'd want to do is look at the various JVC upgrades in your remote to see if they use different Device #'s or perhaps if they use a JVC Combo code.

Thank you for your leg work. Indeed 00117 does select the TV source and 00171 selects DVD source, and all of the other you listed work as well. I would like to get the complete list of codes. I have attempted to follow your work flow but I am not 100% on board.

What upgrade file did you use? Once I download an upgrade file and load it, what's do I do with that information? I don't want to program via cable, I just would like to see all discrete codes.

Thanks again for your help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burchis, I don't think you've yet mentioned what JP1.3 remote you are using (ie, question 4 on the template). We have extensive lists that show which setup codes are in each remote, so if we can identify your remote, we can check which setup codes are in your remote because there may be some that are better for your purposes.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burchis wrote:

Thank you for your leg work. Indeed 00117 does select the TV source and 00171 selects DVD source, and all of the other you listed work as well. I would like to get the complete list of codes. I have attempted to follow your work flow but I am not 100% on board.

What upgrade file did you use?

Whoops, I should have told you that. I used looked at this upgrade.
JVC RX-D702B A/V Receiver

Quote:

Once I download an upgrade file and load it, what's do I do with that information? I don't want to program via cable, I just would like to see all discrete codes.

You don't WANT to program this via a cable. You don't know what you are missing!!!!! Laughing But actually you don't have a cable so you just want to read the efc codes. I'd suggest you read a few of the starter documents, because this is a huge topic. Not so difficult, but there is a lot to it.

If you open an upgrade with the free software provided here, you can read the EFC's. The file I used was an Rdmu file, that is opened with remote master

In order to be able to use the EFC's without a cable, you need to find a built-in code that properly formats the signal. I'd recommend the Lookup Tool or the Devices.xls found in the main tool area of the file section.

In your case, you are looking for JVC type signals. If your remote has other JVC codes, you might be able to get other functions working too, but since as rob pointed out, you've been slow to share that information, we don't know what we have to work with.

Good luck

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
burchis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
burchis, I don't think you've yet mentioned what JP1.3 remote you are using (ie, question 4 on the template). We have extensive lists that show which setup codes are in each remote, so if we can identify your remote, we can check which setup codes are in your remote because there may be some that are better for your purposes.

I have done more digging and the remote I use is from Insight Communications and has 2067BG3 -xxxx-xxxx-R stamped inside the battery compartment. I am assuming that my remote is URC2067BG3. Maybe someone can help me determine what remote I have.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: