JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RS 15-100 (Fubar?) Constantly Blinking LED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinomight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: RS 15-100 (Fubar?) Constantly Blinking LED Reply with quote

Ok so i have a rs15-100 that was working great. I tried making a small change to the ir for it i attempted uploading to the remote, I kept getting a blink followed by a very brief blink (about a second later) then two blinks (about 1 second later). Then IR would report that it couldn't open the JP1.X interface.
I tried over and over again with the same result however the remote didn't loose its config. So i figured it was likely to be a problem with the jp1 pins that i installed. so i went ahead and and started testing the pins, and everything checked out continuity wise. So i tried it again (this time with the remote mostly disassembled. Still no change in IR behavior. So i tested it again to the jp1 pins holes on the top of the board (i did however forget to remove the batteries) continuity checked out again. I went to try it again, but now i am getting 2 blinking leds followed by a second then repeats. (blink-blink .... blink-blink ..... blink-blink .... blink-blink etc) I'm guessing that i'm sol (my stupid mistake.) I tried leaving the batteries out for about 5 minutes but still the same blink-blink. I don't know what to do next (how do i MFR reset.)
Does anyone have any advice?
-Dylan
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are in a low voltage test loop. Try new batteries.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
dinomight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried it ... no go. FYI the blinking isn't when i press buttons. It is all of the time. Thanks for the tip but unfortunately we need to look into another solution.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: RS 15-100 (Fubar?) Constantly Blinking LED Reply with quote

dinomight wrote:
I don't know what to do next (how do i MFR reset.)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4057
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The continuous blinking could have been low voltage. that's what my remote did. Also some remotes have a flaw in the programming and if you input a setup code that isn't in the remote, they remote does the initial test, but doesnt do a reset so it just keeps blinking because there is an error. Changes were made to the most recent IR and the RDF's to keep this from happening. I don't know if your remote was one of remotes hit by this flaw, but the other one that I know of was an LCD remote like yours.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
dinomight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: RS 15-100 (Fubar?) Constantly Blinking LED Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
dinomight wrote:
I don't know what to do next (how do i MFR reset.)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4057

I'll give that a try but i can't get any menu to show up all i see is the blinking leds and the lcd screen has all of the characters lcd segments fully lit, ie i can't see any menu just.
dinomight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so i can figure out how to reset the remote without a lcd menu (which i can't get to). Isn't there some way to reset the remote without the lcd? Am i just in a state too far gone for of any of this to work. FYI i checked the jp1 pins and continuity checks out fine. (and no shorts between pins);
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dylan, could you post the IR file that you uploaded to the remote?

Also you said the remote kept its config does that mean that you've been able to connect to IR since all the blinking started?

dinomight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Workflow Reply with quote

I'll post the IR when i get home.

What i meant was i was trying to upload the new IR file and i kept getting errors about being unable to open the jp1.x interface.

When i would try this i got a blink... shortblink .. blink-blink. I kept getting this error but the config was never wiped.

That is when i started to invistigate the jp1 pin connections which turned out ok. So i tried uploading to the remote again but i was getting the same errors. So i tried to test the pins again but this time i forgot to remove the batteries. It was after testing the pins with the batteries in that i started to get the endlessly blink-blink behavior.

Here is what i tried and their results and in what order
    1. upload
      a. unable to open jp1.x interface
      b. remote still working with previously set config.

2. disable the extender, and upload

3. Re-enable the extender, and upload

4. Remove Batteries and test pin continuity.
      a. pins seem fine

5. Insert batteries and upload

6. Test pins (forget to remove batteries)
      a. remote endlessly blinking twice
      b. lcd is all lit (every segment lit) Just like it looks after uploading
      c. Remote unresponsive

7. Upload to remote
      b. unable to open jp1.x interface
      c. lcd is all lit (every segment lit) Just like it looks after uploading
      d. Remote unresponsive

8. Remove Batteries and test pin continuity.
      a. pins seem fine

9. Insert batteries and upload
      b. unable to open jp1.x interface
      c. remote still unresponsive

10. Try to MFR reset.
      a. can't figure out how. With the lcd still lit no menu's are accessible.

11. STUCK

I don't think it is a IR config issue since it didn't ever seemed to upload but who knows.(i'll upload it when i get home.)

Thanks for the help
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have mentioned the extender in your first post.

dinomight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right i just figured that this appears to be a hardware issue. I should probably just put in all of the information. More information just incase it matters.

I can't think of anything else. let me know if any more information would be useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: