JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Denon AVR-1910 A/V Receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnkrer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Denon AVR-1910 A/V Receiver Reply with quote

1. Device: Denon AVR 1910
2. Type of device: - AV receiver
3. Year: 2010
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: - RS 15-2117 extender 3
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? - yes
6. Still have original remote? - yes
7. Checked the file section? - yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? - yes
9. Partially working setup code? - haven't figured out yet
10. Learning remote - yes

Hi,
I am a recent owner of denon AVR-1910 and need to get that remote mapped to my RS 15-2117. I started from the existing rmdu files and had very little success. (Some keys worked, some didnt, some worked. I had high hopes from the 3808-k codes, but that absolutely failed. (None of the keys I tried worked, probably my mistake somewhere? I have read that 3808 is close to 1910 ..
So if someone can point me to how I can make that work, that would be good.

I also tried AVR-988 (These are the only 08 models in that list, rest seem to be too old) Some of the keys worked, but they were misplaced. (mute had become volume down etc)

I was also looking around and found the denon IR code pdf file for 1910. (This is the huge file with unintelligible bits ..) Here are couple of threads that discuss how to convert that to hex from remotecentral
johnsfine ..
tgrugett ..
Found a better thread from tgrugett post 8 onwards

So I am thinking I need to embark on creating my own rmdu using these techniques. I am still digesting those threads .. Are there better instructions anywhere? Can I only use K codes and not worry about sharp protocol? how do I use remote Id? So many questions and no clear answers Sad
Once I do it, it will be available for the community .. (Though I am not sure people are still into jp1 remotes, may be time to switch to harmony/pronto and whatever else is out there ...)

Also the IR codes pdf file I have obtained is from french denon site. I hope they dont have separate remote codes from eu/us models

Thanks

Last edited by tnkrer on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use the code search template. You've given us some details, but not everything we need to know in order to help you. The main thing we need to know is if you still have the original denon remote.
tnkrer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mdavej, I did not provide search template, since I wasnt really looking for a particular code. I think I have all the codes from the denon pdf file (They are in a format that I have hard time deciphering). Anyway here is the template.

1. Device: Denon AVR 1910
2. Type of device: - AV receiver
3. Year: 2010
7. Checked the file section? - yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? - yes
9. Partially working setup code? - haven't figured out yet
10. Learning remote - yes

Last edited by tnkrer on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnkrer wrote:
10. Learning remote question? - no

This is the info we were looking for. I don't know why you answered "no" to the last question because the 15-2117 most certainly is a learning remote, and as you still have the original remote why are you making this so complicated by trying to use the official PDF, why don't you just learn all the buttons from your original remote and build an upgrade using that data?

If you think that the 15-2117 is no longer a learning remote because you have an extender installed, that is incorrect. All you need to do is save your current IR file, which you will use to re-load the extender later, then reset the remote back to the factory settings.
tnkrer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Thanks robman Reply with quote

Oh, I misunderstood what I was supposed to say. I thought it said, do I have a question about learning remote ...

yes, its a learning remote. though I have never tried to learn anything on the remote, I have always found the efc for the code and set it up using the available codes.

So instead of building all the keys, I should learn all the keys original remote has? (There are more codes in the document, discrete codes that are not on the remote, so at some point I will have to decode that file, but I wont have to do the whole file)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have a JP1 learning remote and a JP1 cable, you have the perfect tool for capturing the signals from the original remote in order to build an upgrade. Certainly, once you've got all the buttons from the original remote programmed, you can tackle the PDF to see which additional functions might also work. The data you get from the learned signals will also help you determine if you're looking at the right section of the PDF because you'll have confirmation on which regular codes work.

I think I have found the PDF that you're referring to:
http://www.denon.fr/scripts/bo/admin/documents/anti_leech.asp?download_file=Code%20IR.pdf&disk_file=17505.byupload
tnkrer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
When you have a JP1 learning remote and a JP1 cable, you have the perfect tool for capturing the signals from the original remote in order to build an upgrade. Certainly, once you've got all the buttons from the original remote programmed, you can tackle the PDF to see which additional functions might also work. The data you get from the learned signals will also help you determine if you're looking at the right section of the PDF because you'll have confirmation on which regular codes work.

alright, thats how I will build this upgrade now ... Need to go and learn how to bring learned codes into my rmdu file/ Ir file etc. I am sure there is enough documentation for that on this site ...

Quote:

I think I have found the PDF that you're referring to:
http://www.denon.fr/scripts/bo/admin/documents/anti_leech.asp?download_file=Code%20IR.pdf&disk_file=17505.byupload

That one downloads 4308 codes
Here is the link for 1910
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Denon AVR-1910 A/V Receiver Reply with quote

tnkrer wrote:
found the denon IR code pdf file for 1910. (This is the huge file with unintelligible bits ..)

Huge only because of the number of functions it documents. You need to decide which functions you want included in your remote. It would be best (though certainly time consuming) to include all the functions when constructing the functions sheet in RM.

As for "unintelligible bits". It doesn't look that way to me.

It would be very tedius work to get all the info from that file, because everything is in backwards binary, not decimal nor hex. But any one function is easy to interpret.

Quote:
Can I only use K codes and not worry about sharp protocol?

How should we know? We don't have the device. Look at the functions in the Kaseikyo section. Look at the functions in the Sharp section. Can you operate your device with just the functions in the Kaseikyo section.

Quote:
Also the IR codes pdf file I have obtained is from french denon site. I hope they dont have separate remote codes from eu/us models

That is another good reason to learn a few signals from the original remote. Look at those signals decoded in IR.EXE and see if they match the documented signals in the PDF.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following upgrade file contains all the "Sharp" functions documented in the PDF:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7850

(I didn't examine the Kaseikyo section).
tnkrer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Denon AVR-1910 A/V Receiver Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
tnkrer wrote:
found the denon IR code pdf file for 1910. (This is the huge file with unintelligible bits ..)

Huge only because of the number of functions it documents. You need to decide which functions you want included in your remote. It would be best (though certainly time consuming) to include all the functions when constructing the functions sheet in RM.

As for "unintelligible bits". It doesn't look that way to me.

Once I work with those files, they wont be "unintelligible bits" Smile. I was exaggerating a bit there. I have read thru the threads I have linked (One of those has your explanation and provided more information to look for tgrugett's threads ... thanks). So I have good idea of what they represent and how they represent it.

Quote:

It would be very tedius work to get all the info from that file, because everything is in backwards binary, not decimal nor hex. But any one function is easy to interpret.

Quote:

Can I only use K codes and not worry about sharp protocol?

How should we know? We don't have the device. Look at the functions in the Kaseikyo section. Look at the functions in the Sharp section. Can you operate your device with just the functions in the Kaseikyo section.

I tried to check some codes, but lost track very quickly. I was trying to see if someone has used only K-codes and succeeded .. but no matter, robman has already provided the sharp codes (thanks robman...) so I will pick those up. and add the K ones by learning if they are on original remote and decoding file if I need the code and is not on the original remote.

Quote:
Quote:

That is another good reason to learn a few signals from the original remote. Look at those signals decoded in IR.EXE and see if they match the documented signals in the PDF.

Thank you and robman for helping here ... I have gone thru many different components over last 10 years, but stayed with my JP1 remotes thru all those changes. (one for all, then 15-2116, then 15-2117)
tnkrer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file provided by robman worked fine for the keys I was interested in. There are about 10-15 that I need from the Kaseikyo section now. I will now read thru documentation on how to combine these two protocols

eta: Found out that device combiner protocol can not be used since these protocols use 2 byte commands

so my options are 1. import both upgrades, assign K upgrade to another devide and do keymoves
OR
2. if the key is available on actual remote, learn it on the sharp device.

Also a D'oh moment! In my first post I complained that the file with K-codes did not work for me at all. I realized now that I did not do the protocol upgrade, so tonight I will test with that and I expect that to work. So then I will just need to bring the sharp and denon-k together
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnkrer wrote:
my options are 1. import both upgrades, assign K upgrade to another devide and do keymoves
OR
2. if the key is available on actual remote, learn it on the sharp device.

You do not need to assign an upgrade to a device key in order to use it as a base for keymoves.

I think the cleanest way to do your option (1) is:

Define both upgrades in RM (use two different setup code numbers), in each case putting any functions you might want on the functions sheet.

Decide which upgrade will contain more button assignments that can be done within the upgrade (without keymoves). Call that upgrade A and the other upgrade B.

In upgrade B, don't assign anything on the buttons sheet.

In upgrade A, use the External Functions sheet to copy information (function names and hex codes) from the functions sheet of upgrade B.

In the buttons sheet of upgrade A assign functions from both upgrades to buttons.

Install upgrade B (which is tiny) first from RM to IR.

When you install upgrade A from RM to IR, all the keymoves needed will be created automatically.

Doing that kind of helper upgrade plus keymoves and using the extender to get more keymove space if required, is better than your option (2) learned signals.
tnkrer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnsfine Thanks

I copied over 5 keys from the denon-K 3808 rmdu file this way and they are now nicely working for me. Now all I have to do is convert the remaining few keys from the document. Much easier this way!

Once again, robman and johnsfine, Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: