JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Apogee Grands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Apogee Grands Reply with quote

In this thread
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11200
there is a document with the functions upgrades binary value.

This protocol sends a 7 bit cmd.

We've got the upgrade. we've got the hex, but can we make an inteligent guess as to what kind of an IMPLEMENTATION this is? If so, the last 2 pages of the specifications look like they would be 2 byte discretes.

I just forced the hex with msb of 8 bit values, but could have worked this out the other way, to force those hex values so that we could have the discretes too, if that's what they really are.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the OBCs to display properly in your KM file, first switch over to EFC3 mode, then go back to the main sheet and change it from MSB to MSB-COMP and change the OBC bits to 7.

The hand written letters next to each button code (eg, B12 for Store) refer to the buttons placement on the physical remote. The A,B,C,D letter refers to the column on the remote, with A being on the left and D being on the right. The number refers to the row, with 1 being at the top and 14 being at the bottom.

Btw, when I first saw the PDF yesterday I noticed the executor number and was about to make an upgrade when I saw that you had done it already, so good instincts.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the EFC tip. That sure took the work out of the process.

Quote:
Btw, when I first saw the PDF yesterday I noticed the executor number and was about to make an upgrade when I saw that you had done it already, so good instincts.

The investigative side of the brain went off, but it sure would have been easier if I had read the executor number in the source and been able to recognize the hex. The next thing I'm doing is making myself a set of "flash cards" to do hex to dec translations. Before any of you techies think a flash card is some kind of hardware device, I will remind you of the old fashioned flash cards that you learned to do basic arithmetic in grade school. Wink
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Calculator that comes with all Windows versions to convert between Decimal, Hex and Binary. You need to go to the View menu and select Scientific. You can then enter numbers in Decimal, Hex, Octal or Binary and convert them between these forms just by clicking the appropriate button.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
The investigative side of the brain went off, but it sure would have been easier if I had read the executor number in the source and been able to recognize the hex.

Are you saying that you didn't see the exec number? If that's the case, how did you determine which executor to use in the upgrade that you created?

vickyg2003 wrote:
The next thing I'm doing is making myself a set of "flash cards" to do hex to dec translations.

Like Graham said, you can do this pretty easily using the Windows Calculator, plus you can do it in Excel using =hex2dec().

If you want to do it in your head, just multiply the high order nibble by 16 and then add the result to the low order nibble (remembering that A=10, B=11 .... F=15).

For example, if the hex is "48", that would be (4 * 16) + 8, which is 64 + 8, which is 72.

Or, you could write up 256 flash cards and remember each hex code individually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: