JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Inteset / Insignia / Sanyo / Nexus JP1 remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirjp1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lesson, I'll try it, just to experience it.
How do know what the proper protocol to use is, e.g. Sony20 vs. Combo 12/15/20, or it doesn't really matter as long as the remote works?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirjp1 wrote:
Thanks for the lesson, I'll try it, just to experience it.
How do know what the proper protocol to use is, e.g. Sony20 vs. Combo 12/15/20, or it doesn't really matter as long as the remote works?
Both work. But I use the minimum that gets the job done. It's simpler and uses less memory. Sony BD players only use Sony20 and a single subdevice. You'd see this if you were to learn every command and look at what RMIR decodes. Sony AVR's, on the other hand, use several protocols (12, 15 and 20) and several subdevices. Even Sony TV's use a mix of a couple of protocols and subdevices. So you really need everything that combo protocol can do for those. Maybe UEI is trying to reduce the number of protocols in their new remotes to make room for more, hence using the combo for everything whether it needs it or not.

When you learn a new device and start building an upgrade for it, if you see a mix of many devices, subdevices and protocols, you look for a combo protocol that can handle everything, hopefully. Otherwise, you'll need multiple device upgrades to control that single device.
sirjp1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of a generic question than specific to this remote: when programming a macro via the remote itself (995, not via the software), is it possible to reference a phantom button in a macro? If so, how? What about an EFC code that is not programmed on a button?
rbautch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Inteset build Reply with quote

I bought 4 inteset remotes in hopes of replacing my non-backlit Insignia remotes. I downloaded the latest RDU file and started my build using the same remote upgrade files I used with the Insignia remotes. I can't get a single device to work. Am I missing something? Do I have to build my own upgrades from learned signals for this remote? I'm using RemoteMaster v2.01. My RMIR file is here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12933
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

File looks good. Try turning off all setup code locks on the general tab. Maybe that's causing the problem.

Failing that, do a 981 reset, download, turn off setup code locks, then add your devices.
rbautch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked! Had to do a 981 reset, then everything worked fine. Thanks for the help!
sirjp1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question on the backlight color: the Amazon photos show a white backlight but my Inteset backlight is amber. Have they changed it and are there mulitple versions floating around?

What about the Insignia branded version? What color is the backlight on that one?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the white looking buttons, I've never seen anything but amber when the light is on. Even the semi-transparent white buttons are no guarantee of backlighting.

There are many versions floating around, with different button labels on the bottom 8 buttons. Many models have also come and gone in the nearly 6 years this thread has been around, the Inteset being the latest and greatest and one of the few you can be certain is backlit.
sirjp1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this photo on Amazon is very misleading then:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61BWXLkjmRL._SL1500_.jpg
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's just a drawing to show how it glows. Definitely not color accurate.
rbautch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought 2 extra inteset 422 remotes recently, but they are not working like my other Inteset 422 remotes are. When I try to upload from Remote Master, I get an error that says "No RDF matches signature starting 3565". I'm using RemoteMaster v2.01. My RMIR file is here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12933 Any ideas?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the Inteset 422-1 and 422-2 (signature 3565) versus the 422 (3494)
sirjp1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
You have the Inteset 422-1 and 422-2 (signature 3565) versus the 422 (3494)

How are all these 3 different in terms of features please?
rbautch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the RDF for the 422-1 remote from the "RDF-Development" section in the File Section, and that works just fine with my 422-1 remotes. Can this be modified for my 422-2 remotes just by editing the signature in the RDF file?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have the same signature so it'll "work" out of the box.

The only thing that is different is that there are some buttons with different names on them. (most of the ones on the bottom of the remote are different and I think the device buttons are different)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17

Jump to: