JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Inteset / Insignia / Sanyo / Nexus JP1 remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 422 is a bit different than the others. Besides a different signature, the EEPROM is larger, learning memory is larger and base address is different, as are the digit maps. It's definitely not identical. Not sure how all of that impacts the extender.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave asked me to respond, I've been somewhat inactive here.

The extender that is written for the 3147 will do some basic checking during activation and if it's not the same it won't activate. I'm pretty sure based on dave's email that it's not going to happen.

It'll take me a bit of time to port the existing 3147 extender to the new remote. Of course I don't have one of these things so that makes it harder. If someone is willing to risk bricking a remote during debug I can work with you, PM me.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I'm almost done with a build for this remote. If you want to give it a test let me know. I'm going to have to have you do some diagnostics on the remote before you start though. And there is a chance that the code will brick the remote (not a huge one, the update software in the remote is pretty well tested in all of the other extenders)

Also, if you're using the base remote the device combiner line in the RDF is commented out since dave didn't have that data.
sirjp1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Inteset INT-422, watching this thread but I'm not ready yet for extenders, still trying to figure out the basics Smile
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

< My 34943494 (Inteset INT-422).rdf
> The one in the Zip 34943494 (Inteset INT-422).rdf

6c6
< LearnedAddr=$0800..$0EFF
---
> LearnedAddr=$0800..$0DFF
10c10
< DevComb=,$3B83,$46FD,,$4EAF,$47F1
---
> #DevComb=,$31C1,$3F23,,$4EAF,$4017
83c83
< Power=$02,
---
> phantom1=$02,
124c124
< phantom1=$3C,
---
> Power=$3C,
215c215
< 2857,2861,2878,3005,3030,3045,3097,3217,3259,3309,3409,3425
---
> 2857,2861,2878,3005,3030,3045,3097,3217,3259,3309,3409,3425,3429,3517,3535,3627

The above are the RDF changes that should be made for the Inteset INT-422.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Done

Thanks for the corrections.

Apologies in advance to those using the old version. The new version swaps Power and phantom1. So both will have to be changed in all macros, keymoves and devices.
sirjp1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

Apologies in advance to those using the old version. The new version swaps Power and phantom1. So both will have to be changed in all macros, keymoves and devices.

No problem, thanks for the heads-up and for supporting this remote. Hopefully the RDF will be stable soon enough.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be the final version. We had 3 or 4 people working on this RDF, and binky's changes simply fell through the cracks somehow.
sirjp1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated to the latest RDF and updated my saved .rmir to swap Power and phantom1 per the new settings. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't think the new RDF is correct, I'm seeing 2 problems:

1. The Power button doesn't send the macro I set on it, it seems to send phantom1 instead. It used to work OK with the previous RDF version.

2. I set the Record button to be tray open/close (eject) for my Sony blu-ray player but for some reason I have to press Record twice for the remote to send the command, i.e. press twice to open, press twice to close. Anything special about the Rec button? I see it mentioned in the manual that it cannot be learned at least so it looks like it is treated in some special way.

Here's my current RMIR file if you could please take a look to make sure I'm not the one doing something wrong:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12886

I'm using RMIR v2.03 alpha 25c if it matters.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rec button is a "feature" of most UEI remotes. I guess it's to protect you from accidentally recording.

Your file looks fine. Do this to help us determine the correct key code for power:

Create a new macro on the remote manually: Hold Setup for 2 blinks, 995, Blue, Power, 1, 2, 3, hold Setup for 2 blinks. Download into RMIR and look at your macro on the Blue button. Is it Power, 1, 2, 3 or phantom1, 1, 2, 3? If it's the latter, I need to swap the codes back in the RDF.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej said:
Quote:

Then later sirjp1 said:
Quote:
1. The Power button doesn't send the macro I set on it, it seems to send phantom1 instead. It used to work OK with the previous RDF version.

You just confirmed what mdavej said in the earlier post. The corrected RDF swapped those two so you need to redo the macro so it works with the corrected RDF.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
You just confirmed what mdavej said in the earlier post. The corrected RDF swapped those two so you need to redo the macro so it works with the corrected RDF.
Actually his macro looks correct (assigned to the new Power button). But something is still wrong.
sirjp1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Rec button is a "feature" of most UEI remotes. I guess it's to protect you from accidentally recording.

OK, so the Rec button becomes kinda useless then. I guess I can use it as the backlight button then.

Quote:

Your file looks fine. Do this to help us determine the correct key code for power:
Create a new macro on the remote manually: Hold Setup for 2 blinks, 995, Blue, Power, 1, 2, 3, hold Setup for 2 blinks. Download into RMIR and look at your macro on the Blue button. Is it Power, 1, 2, 3 or phantom1, 1, 2, 3? If it's the latter, I need to swap the codes back in the RDF.

I set up the macro but I can no longer download it via RMIR, I get an error that says I should do a raw download instead and post the file, so here it is:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12887
I tried the same download using the older RMIR 2.02a and it never finishes, it just sits there "Downloading..."
RMIR or RDF problem?

I did a 981 on the remote and then downloaded, so that worked. At least the remote is not bricked and I know the connection works OK. I did the macro sequence above again. This time I could download it. It shows:
Code:
Blue  phantom1;1;2;3

So it looks like we need to swap Power and phantom1 back to the way they were.
Should I be concerned about the failed download above? Can that be RDF related or more of a RMIR bug?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many discrepancies coming to light, so I'm going to roll back to the old version which I'll repost shortly. If you have an old copy, just go ahead and use that. Hopefully that will fix the issues.

Also, all this upload/download activity may have drained your batteries and contributed to the error, so might be time for a fresh set.

Infinite download is a bug in 2.02, later fixed. Error is the correct behavior if it can't make sense of the data, either caused by the learned address change in the RDF or a communication error, IMO. Rmaster.err file should give us more clues.

Sorry for the trouble.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not certain about the power keycode so feel free to change it back. I'm fairly certain the learned address, setup codes, and device combiner are correct in my changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17

Jump to: