JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Inteset / Insignia / Sanyo / Nexus JP1 remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You one of those Yin and Yan kinda guys, huh? Smile
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You one of those Yin and Yan kinda guys, huh? Smile
Yep, also a Libra.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! Sept 25th.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Oct 16. We're almost opposite sides of the Libra spectrum. Haha.
drawz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of the 67100BA1-008-R non-backlit remotes from MCM and a cable from Tommy. So far, I love it! I've had the RCU810 and original 6131 as well as a few other random OFA remotes and this is by far the best so far, especially for DVR users. I liked it better than the RCA RCRP05B in terms of layout and button size as well.

I went with this specific model to avoid the Insignia logo and the random green buttons (game & dynaudio) on the other versions. I never could decide if I liked the back lighting on my other UEI remotes, so that was a non-issue for me.

A couple of notes:
    1.This remote appears to be a variant of the Nova CE from UEI. See here:
    http://www.uei.com/category.php?page_id=66

2. I had to perform a 981 reset before I could get RMIR to upload successfully. Downloads were ok though. I still get crashes of RMIR when opening some of those original downloads.

3. In the troubleshooting process, I came across an updated RDF in another thread and thought it would be helpful to link it here:
    http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9887

4. The USB cable I bought from Tommy is WAY better than the crappy parallel cable I made years ago. It came quickly too.

I was looking into a new Harmony when I decided to drop by the JP1 forum to see if anything was new. Definitely glad I did. The Harmony really doesn't work well with my TV's inputs and this actually took less tweaking to get it to work the way I wanted. Next step will be to try the extender.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drawz wrote:
I went with this specific model to avoid the Insignia logo and the random green buttons (game & dynaudio) on the other versions. I never could decide if I liked the back lighting on my other UEI remotes, so that was a non-issue for me.

Awesome. I take it that your remote looks like this?

And the only difference is that the Green silkscreen of the Game and DYN VOL buttons are replaced with a black P.Lock and Audio, the lack of amber back lighting, and the missing silk-screened Insignia name and model number at the base.
drawz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
drawz wrote:

Awesome. I take it that your remote looks like this?

And the only difference is that the Green silkscreen of the Game and DYN VOL buttons are replaced with a black P.Lock and Audio, the lack of amber back lighting, and the missing silk-screened Insignia name and model number at the base.

That's the one!
Thanks for pointing out that it's amber back-lighting. For some reason, I assumed it was blue (probably because my last UEI remote was blue).
rbautch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellen wrote:
Quote:
I also found that MCM Electronics has both the cheap version I found above and the backlit NS-RC02U-10A. Its a little tricky to find the NS-RC02U-10A on their website because they use a different model number, but I have ordered it, and can confirm it is the backlit NS-RC02U-10A for much cheaper than what people are paying elsewhere! Also, MCM Electronics offer coupons that can save you a few extra bucks, so Google around for them before ordering.

See here:

NS-RC02U-10A (Backlit!) a.k.a. 098GRABDNNEBYU (model number misspelled in description->it shows correct model when added to cart) can be found here for $17.95 ->
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/INSIGNIA-/098GRABDNNEBYU

Z67100BA1008R or 67100BA1-008-R - Cheapest of the lot at $9.99 ->
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/INSIGNIA-/67100BA1-008-R

In case any one is shopping for these, MCM is having a Black Friday thru Cyber Monday sale. 10% off and free shipping on orders over $49. Use source code BF2010
I ordered the 098GRABDNNEBYU from MCM, but they did not ship me the NS-RC02U-10A. Instead I got the non-backlit NS-RC068-11. Does anyone know where the NS-RC02U-10A can be had these days?
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbautch wrote:
I ordered the 098GRABDNNEBYU from MCM, but they did not ship me the NS-RC02U-10A. Instead I got the non-backlit NS-RC068-11. Does anyone know where the NS-RC02U-10A can be had these days?

Contact them and inform them that you did not receive the expected remote control. It wasn't too long since I or others have made the same purchase.
rbautch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
rbautch wrote:

Contact them and inform them that you did not receive the expected remote control. It wasn't too long since I or others have made the same purchase.
Spent some time on the phone with them, and they are unable to determine the correlation between the Insignia model number and the MCM model number. They said they might be able to help if can find out what model of Insignia TV came with this remote. I'll see if I can find that.

Last edited by rbautch on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV models are listed in the first post of this thread.
rbautch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called back with the TV model number that came with the NS-RC02U-10A. MCM said they have "recently consolidated Insignia remotes across all model numbers to one universal remote control", presumably not the backlit version. I'm not quite sure what that meant, but he said the original remote for that TV is no longer available.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few on ebay. Don't know if THIS NS-RC064-11 or THIS SANYO are backlit, but you could ask the sellers. I'll check my stash and see if I have any spares I could sell you and PM if I do.
rbautch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks.
mikek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
There are a few on ebay. Don't know if THIS NS-RC064-11 or THIS SANYO are backlit, but you could ask the sellers. I'll check my stash and see if I have any spares I could sell you and PM if I do.

The Sanyo remote is missing the 4 bottom buttons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: