JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Inteset / Insignia / Sanyo / Nexus JP1 remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolivas27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this remote with an extender it would be my perfect remote. I added the pause Protocol but would like ToadTog and DSM is there a way to add it with out an extender?
srturner47

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this remote and I love it! I've owned many other comparable JP1 remotes including the original 6131 and the RCRP05B, and this is by far the best so far. My only complaints are that a Live TV and page up/down buttons aren't on the remote. It is very well built and feels good in the hand. Its relatively small and skinny compared to most remotes with this many buttons, but the buttons are still fairly large and easy to press and find. I prefer remotes that have two bumps on the back so that your hands can rest comfortably near the channel volume keys/DVR play pause, etc... keys OR you can rest near the arrow and select keys -- neither 6131 nor RCRP05B have these two bumps like this remote does. And, it just looks good! The icing on the cake was that this remote was backlit (at least the NS-RC02U-10A is). I've also found that some backlit remotes emit a high frequency whine that annoys me. This one is quiet! Smile I also love that this remote has four colored keys. I have several devices that require these, so they come in handy. Plus, they are great for assigning shift-macros to. Lastly, even though it only has one IR emitter, it sticks out of the case. This makes all the difference. The IR signal is pretty strong with this remote.

I also noticed that there are currently at least a couple more variations on this remote available:

NSRC06A11 - Saw this on ebay. Says it is for NS46L550A11 NS42L550A11 TVs. Its hard to tell exactly from the picture, but the differences I noticed are: line drawn around device buttons and set button, letters BD above DVD, slightly different arrangement of 8 buttons at bottom. One of them is green compared to two on the NS-RC02U-10A. Menu button is clear. Doesn't say if its backlit or not, and I can't find this remote anywhere else.

Z67100BA1008R or 67100BA1-008-R - Lacks Insignia name on bottom of remote, though it still appears to be an Insignia remote. Button layout appears to be identical to NS-RC01G-09 at a casual glance. Cheaper than any of the other versions of this remote. Doesn't say if its backlit or not. I wonder why this version is so much cheaper?

I also found that MCM Electronics has both the cheap version I found above and the backlit NS-RC02U-10A. Its a little tricky to find the NS-RC02U-10A on their website because they use a different model number, but I have ordered it, and can confirm it is the backlit NS-RC02U-10A for much cheaper than what people are paying elsewhere! Also, MCM Electronics offer coupons that can save you a few extra bucks, so Google around for them before ordering.

See here:

NS-RC02U-10A (Backlit!) a.k.a. 098GRABDNNEBYU (model number misspelled in description->it shows correct model when added to cart) can be found here for $17.95 ->
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/INSIGNIA-/098GRABDNNEBYU

Z67100BA1008R or 67100BA1-008-R - Cheapest of the lot at $9.99 ->
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/INSIGNIA-/67100BA1-008-R
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks promising

bought two of the backlit versions from MCM today, hopefully they'll be delivered some time next week when I return (from China, ni hao)

Now the big debate, if I like this remote should I work on the extender for this one or the RCA first.... I like that this one is backlit, which is important to me. the RCA isn't. All depends on the feeling in the hand though.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for an extender for this remote rather than the RCA. I have both and much prefer this one.

Also, it looks like Vicky is working on an extender for the RCA, so why duplicate the effort?
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got mine today, I have the Insignia NS-RC20U-10A. (Backlit)

In the battery compartment: 67100BA1-005R

It's a JP1.3 remote, looks like 8-device internally, I haven't started to figure out what's in it yet. Signature is 31473147

Not bad, a little small. I think I still like the backlit Atlas, but have to start playing. I hope to start working on an RDF for the bad boy some time in the next few days.

-bill
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

I have exactly the same remote. It is indeed 8 device. The RDF is already done and in the latest main distribution.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, guess I gotta go download the latest stuff
Ellen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also found that MCM Electronics has both the cheap version I found above and the backlit NS-RC02U-10A. Its a little tricky to find the NS-RC02U-10A on their website because they use a different model number, but I have ordered it, and can confirm it is the backlit NS-RC02U-10A for much cheaper than what people are paying elsewhere! Also, MCM Electronics offer coupons that can save you a few extra bucks, so Google around for them before ordering.

See here:

NS-RC02U-10A (Backlit!) a.k.a. 098GRABDNNEBYU (model number misspelled in description->it shows correct model when added to cart) can be found here for $17.95 ->
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/INSIGNIA-/098GRABDNNEBYU

Z67100BA1008R or 67100BA1-008-R - Cheapest of the lot at $9.99 ->
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/INSIGNIA-/67100BA1-008-R

In case any one is shopping for these, MCM is having a Black Friday thru Cyber Monday sale. 10% off and free shipping on orders over $49. Use source code BF2010
mikek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any had any problems programming this remote?

I bought one of the cheap ones and I cannot get this remote programmed.
I have programmed a few other remotes and I haven't had any problems. I am not sure what is wrong and it is hard to describe. Basically nothing is working correctly.

Is there anything special I should be setting for this remote? I used some files I had for other remotes and changed them for this remote. Copied them over to ir.exe program and everything seems correct, but when I try to use the remote almost nothing works. I only thing I noticed that does work is switching inputs for the TV source. I have that as part of a macro on the device key.

The red light comes on when I press the number buttons, OK/enter and the device buttons. No other button presses make the red light come on.

Thank you for any help.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Post your files.
mikek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the IR file. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9284
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own one of these remotes, so I can't check for sure, but I suspect that some of the Raw Data between $61F and $628 is incorrect. In your IR file, all of those bytes are $FF.

My recommendation is to start by resetting the remote (981), and then downloading into IR. From that base, enter in your devices.

This remote is quite new, and it is likely that we don't know the details of every memory location. That's why downloading from a reset remote is a good idea. It makes sure that all memory locations have valid and appropriate values. I have seen similar symptoms with a RCA RCRP05B, caused by incorrect values. Eventually we'll have RDF files that detail out all of the memory, and then it should be possible to start without downloading.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I see is you put macros on the device keys that call themselves. That will never work.

Also you have loaded a DirecTV protocol (0162) when one is already built in. That really does no harm but takes up memory for no reason. This makes me wonder if you've really selected the right remote model in RM. So please post your RM files as well. Be aware that the latest DirecTV upgrade of mine is probably the most complete and uses the built-in protocol.
mikek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
The first thing I see is you put macros on the device keys that call themselves. That will never work.

Also you have loaded a DirecTV protocol (0162) when one is already built in. That really does no harm but takes up memory for no reason.

Thank you for the reply. I deleted the macros on the device keys and it dind't help the situation.

I deleted the directv protocol and that didn't help either.

ps. I have always put macros on the device key that call themselves and it never caused a problem with other remotes. I have a "discrete on" on the device keys. I'll set it up differently and see if that helps.

-mk
mikek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I don't own one of these remotes, so I can't check for sure, but I suspect that some of the Raw Data between $61F and $628 is incorrect. In your IR file, all of those bytes are $FF.

My recommendation is to start by resetting the remote (981), and then downloading into IR. From that base, enter in your devices.

This remote is quite new, and it is likely that we don't know the details of every memory location. That's why downloading from a reset remote is a good idea. It makes sure that all memory locations have valid and appropriate values. I have seen similar symptoms with a RCA RCRP05B, caused by incorrect values. Eventually we'll have RDF files that detail out all of the memory, and then it should be possible to start without downloading.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't notice it earlier. I'll check it out.

-mk
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: