JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete ON/OFF for Onkyo receiver TX-SR607

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bodhi78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Discrete ON/OFF for Onkyo receiver TX-SR607 Reply with quote

Remote: URC-8820N
Setup code: 1805

I'm looking for discrete Power ON/OFF codes for Onkyo receiver TX-SR607. I've found the Hex codes for Onkyo receivers at Remote Central

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=prontong&db=discrete&br=onkyo&dv=receiver

But these hex codes did not seem to work for Onkyo TX-SR607. This is my first time using RM so I would appreciate very much if somebody take a look at my EFCs and tell me if I convert them correctly Smile or they are just not the right codes for TX-SR607. I used IRtool to get the Device, OBC, and EFCs, and then use RM to get the 5-digit EFCs. The strange thing is that they came out the same, with leading 0's. Is that unusual?

Thanks very much in advance for your help. And thanks again dave (mdavej) for helping me once before at AVS!

Power OFF

Protocol: NEC1
Device: 210.108
OBC: 71
EFC: 170
EFC5: 00170

Power ON

Protocol: NEC1
Device: 210.109
OBC: 4
EFC: 180
EFC5: 00180
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The results for NEC1 protocol, device 210.108 with OBC 71 and 210.109 OBC 4 are correct translations from the Pronto Hex, and match the Onkyo SR607 file located in the File Section here.

However, the EFC depends on the executor in use. I do not understand the executor associated with Audio 1805 (pid 017E), but I am reasonably sure that EFC 180 or 170 won't give the desired signal.

I'm assuming that you wish to use 994 keymoves to assign EFCs to provide discrete on/off. If so, I recommend that you use Audio 1298 (NEC1 Combo, with device 210) as the base setup code for the keymoves. In RM, using NEC1 Combo (pid=00B6) and entering in the subdevice/OBC as 108/71 and 109/4, you should see On as EFC = 32794, and Off as 31960.

1) Temporarily setup Audio 1298 on the device mode (probably Audio) that you want discrete on/off to function in.
2) hold setup until 2 blinks
3) enter 994
4) press setup
5) enter 32794 (or 31960 for the off function)
6) press the key which is to perform the discrete On function

precede 6) with a brief press of setup if you want to make discrete On a shifted button.

Finally revert to Audio 1805. The keymoves on setup code 1298 will persist.
bodhi78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG,

Really appreciate your help, the key moves work like a charm Smile device 1298 does it! I'm glad to know that I did use RM correctly. It was a very user friendly program, after installation, I learned just enough to find the EFC codes in no time at all. The reason I've chosen device 1805 was because, after setting up the receiver with each available setup code, I tried various buttons and 1805 gave me the most number of working buttons. Thanks for showing that I should try the other working codes if this doesn't work well! I now reversed to 1805, and the key moves stayed, too. Thanks very much for your guidance.

bodhi
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: