JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR 8.02 available!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: IR 8.02 available! Reply with quote

IR 8.02 is a new release of the IR.exe program, available here. It includes the new version of DecodeIR.dll (v2.39), corrects a few bugs and makes two enhancements.

There is a new entry on the Advanced menu, "Always Show Extenders", unchecked by default. When this is unchecked, the RDF selection offered when you open a .ir file will never contain both extended and unextended RDFs – if any matching RDFs are unextended then any extended ones will be suppressed. If there is only one unextended one, it will open automatically (even if there were matching extended ones). Check this new menu item to revert to the behaviour of earlier versions of IR.exe in which all matching RDFs are listed, regardless of whether or not they are RDFs for extenders.

This menu item has no effect on the list shown by File/New/Select. This will always show all RDFs. The identification of extender RDFs may not be perfect at present, although I am not aware of any mistakes, but it should become so when the new compilation of RDFs in preparation by Bill Marr (WagonMaster) becomes available.

The other enhancement is improved handling of the RamAddr RDF parameter. As a result of this change, disassemblies of protocol upgrades shown on the Protocols page should now always start at an appropriate address.

The document IR801FAQ.pdf of frequently asked questions about the previous version, 8.01, is included unchanged in this package as that was a major new release with many new features.

Link to the announcement of IR 8.01.

Graham

Last edited by mathdon on Wed May 26, 2010 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates and all your hard work. You've been quiet lately. I guess you've really had your nose to the grindstone. Thanks again.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been caught in a timewarp. I've changed PC's and all of my software on this PC is out of date. Going back to 8.00 after having used 8.01 was pure agony. The features you added with the learned key reports, plus the ability to edit the RDF on the fly have really been GREAT enhancements. Doing without them for 10 days felt like I had entered the dark ages. Good work Graham,

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,

I think I found a bug in 8.02. Devices with a 2BytePid >2048 are being changed when IR opens the file. For example, take a remote like 15-133 and add any device upgrade with code 2049 or greater. Then save and close IR. When you open IR again, the 2049 reverts back to 0001 on the device tab and in the raw data as soon as IR loads the file.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had sorted all the PID>2048 issues, but it seems I missed something. I'll look into it.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Graham, I know I mentioned how much I liked the ability to open the rdf from within IR. This has really helped me to diagnose problems people are having with protocols.

I've now had the good fortune to use the "apply changes" feature that was added as a companion to the open rdf feature. I'm currently working on a new extender, and this has streamlined RDF development so much!!!!! What a wonderful time saving addition to the tool!

Thanks

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: