JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Go Video DVR4250 DVD-VCR Combo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay-Jay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Go Video DVR4250 DVD-VCR Combo Reply with quote

1. Device: Go Video DVR4250
2. Type of device: DVD-VCR Combo
3. Year: 2002
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-6131n
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, VCR/0037
10. Learning remote question? n/a

I need to know if there is advanced codes for my unit's LEFT and RIGHT commands?

See picture attached below, red arrows point to the buttons on the original remote that I wish to use on my One-For-All URC-6131n.

Original Remote Control for the Go Video DVR4250

I did find that the only code that works with my unit is VCR 0037 [VCR_Goldstar_0037]. But unfortunately, there weren't any advanced codes for the LEFT and RIGHT command functions. click here to view that page.

I have tried other known Go Video device codes for this remote, but none of them work with my unit. Here is a list of Go Video device codes I have tried. Perhaps you can suggest some other ones?

Go Video device codes I have tried:
  • VCR: 0432, 0526
  • DVD: 0715, 0783

Thanks in advance for all your help.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VickyG has put together a much better tool than the old page you linked.
Click on Lookup Tool at the top of the page. Select Device Search, and enter Video 0037, with 6131 as the remote. Click Search, and on the new page the EFCs for that setup code are listed. Apparently there have been 3 different sets of codes for the R/L buttons, using 0037. Note also that 0037 is NEC1 protocol, device 160.

Now, use the Protocol Search, choose NEC1, enter Dev1 as 160, and choose 6131. Click on Search, and you'll see that the 6131 only has two setup codes that are reasonable candidates--0037 and 1037. Click on the 1037 EFCs, and you'll see that the digit keys and transport keys carry the same EFC as 0037, but the R/L arrow keys are different. So try 1037.

If 1037 doesn't work, you could try all three of the 0037 R/L EFCs.
Try them by pressing the device key that you have setup with 0037, then pressing Setup (or Set or P or Magic) briefly, then the 3 digit EFC. If the EFC is correct, the DVD will respond.

If none of those work, also try 168/164, and 229/233. I got those by looking at other setup codes for device 160, which had brands like Go video or Goldstar.
Jay-Jay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I only checked the list for Video 0037 and it worked.

Just for reference:
Left was: 195
Right was: 125

I had to try them to see if they actually went left or right, after a few trial and errors, got them perfect.

FYI: I did find that several other device code will work with this unit: 1037 and also 1237. But when I did try those, most of the buttons did not work. Found out that the best one was 0037 as it had mostly all the functions.

Once again, thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: