JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6131 - Reason why code works on 8811 but not this one?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
damagi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: URC-6131 - Reason why code works on 8811 but not this one? Reply with quote

Is there a fundamental difference between the URC-6131 and the URC-8811 that would cause the 6131 to not work with the same builtin codes that the 8811 uses?

I got a modded version of the PVR remote from Surf remotes, and it works fine with my tivo, tv, and dvd player, but not with my vcr (Go-Video dual deck older unit) or laserdisk/cd (pioneer) player. However, the same builtin codes work fine on my 8811. For the vcr, I tried 0432 and 0526...0432 worked on the 8811.

This is my third JP1 remote (started with 1994, then the 8811, and now the 6131), so I have a reasonable basis for the proper procedures. I have made sure to try the tv's codes on the individual device buttons to ensure that the remote is functioning right with those buttons. The same problem exists whether I am using the 6131 extender or not. I have tried upgrade codes via the latest KM, but they do not work either.

Thanks for your assistance.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several model numbers, such as 6012, have the identical builtin library as the 8811. The urc-6131 is NOT one of those.

VCR/0526 is in the 8811 and is not in the 6131.

VCR/0432 is in both the 8811 and the 6131. It is NECx2 protocol, device 5.5. If 0432 works in the 8811, I'd expect it to work in the 6131.

The upgrade "Go-Video-v1.txt" is also NECx2 device 5.5, with at least the functions I checked matching VCR/0432 so I'd expect that to work also.

The upgrade "GoVideoGV-8050VCR_6012.txt" is NECx1 device 5.5. The differences between NECx1 and NECx2 are subtle enough that if one is correct the other should mostly work.

I can't guess what you might have done wrong on the 6131 to make it not work. You may want to post an eeprom image of what you tried in the 6131 in the diagnosis folder, so others can try to spot the error.
damagi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply. Regarding the VCR code, I double checked, and found that my 8811 is using the 0526 code, which, as you mentioned, is not available for my remote. I suppose that means that I need to create an upgrade code using the info from http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?VCR_0526. I tried both of the available upgrades that you mentioned, and neither seemed to function properly.

Of course, that doesnt really explain why my laserdisk upgrade code doesnt work properly. The same base was used on my 8811, and simply brought into the km spreadsheet, had the remote value changed to the 6131 extender. For the laserdisk, the buttons all seem to be offset...ie: pressing 1 yeilds 2, 2 yields 3, 0 yeilds 1, play yields pause. My base file for this code was PioneerLaserDiscs.txt, and I have triple checked to ensure that the buttons section is accurate.

If someone could point me in the right direction for creating an upgrade code based on 0526, that would be sweet. The ir dump for demonstrating the problems mentioned above is at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/6131_damagi1911_9-29-03.txt. Thanks[/url]
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damagi wrote:
my 8811 is using the 0526 code, which, as you mentioned, is not available for my remote. I suppose that means that I need to create an upgrade code using the info from http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?VCR_0526. I tried both of the available upgrades that you mentioned, and neither seemed to function properly.

Neither upgrade should work, because both are based on 0432 not 0526. To build the upgrade you want, use the data for VCR/0526 from the device4 spreadsheet. That URL you mentioned doesn't have the protocol and device data NEC1:132.98 and doesn't have a format as close to what KM needs as devices4 has. You might still use that URL for anything missing from devices4.
damagi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info on how to do the VCR. I was able to produce an upgrade code easily enough using a combo of the devices4 spreadsheet and the website i mentioned. Any ideas on why the laserdisk upgrade isn't working? The one off thing seems really wierd. Just double checked the device codes in IR and between the 8811 and the 6131, they match as far as the EFC for a given button goes.

After double checking the setup that my 8811 is using versus what is in km when i create the upgrade for the 6131, the efc's are all the same for the laserdisk between the two. the protocol and fixed data fields also match.

Well, at least it works for my dtivo, vcr, tv, dvd, denon receiver and xm setup now. 6 down, one to go
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: