JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 5 Day (URC-1055/URC-11055)(30323032) RDF/Map Mismatch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Atlas 5 Day (URC-1055/URC-11055)(30323032) RDF/Map Mismatch Reply with quote

Can anyone please tell me why the button codes in the RDF and map file for this remote don't match?

This is occurring even with the current (1.28), long-used distribution of RDF and map/image files and I need to resolve this before I release the new version of these files.

To be more specific, the '30323032 (Atlas 5 Day URC-1055_11055 JP1.3 3032).rdf' file has a 'ImageMap=Atlas-5-PVR-DAY.map' line. When you look at the button codes in those two files, they just don't match!

To give a few examples:
Code:
Button    RDF Code  Map Code
------------------------------
POWER       $01       $03
AUD         $03       $11
DVD         $06       $0A

Assuming that the button codes in the '30323032' RDF are all correct, it looks to me like maybe someone added the button codes to the map file without carefully checking which RDFs used that map file and whether said RDFs all used the same codes (they don't), but this is just a guess.

Bill
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 30323032 is a very rare remote. I was hoping I could verify the RDF with my 30323032 remote, but I redownloaded very Atlas I had in my JP1.3 box and could not find it. Crying or Very sad

However the Atlas-5-PVR-DAY.map, is the map that is used in the 10251025 Atlas remote, and those codes Power $03, Aud $11, and DVD $0A are correct for the 10251025 Atlas. Perhaps this was once a shared map that someone decided to hexify. (is that a word? Smile ) If this was a hexless MAP that would work because most of the Atlases look alike, but once the hex is there, the map can't be shared.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
The 30323032 is a very rare remote. I was hoping I could verify the RDF with my 30323032 remote, but I redownloaded [e]very Atlas I had in my JP1.3 box and could not find it. Crying or Very sad

Well, I appreciate the info and the effort, Vicky.

vickyg2003 wrote:
However the Atlas-5-PVR-DAY.map, is the map that is used in the 10251025 Atlas remote, and those codes Power $03, Aud $11, and DVD $0A are correct for the 10251025 Atlas.

Yeah, that much I knew already. Sorry for not making that clearer. I've been poring over RDFs and maps until I think my eyes will pop! Surprised

vickyg2003 wrote:
Perhaps this was once a shared map that someone decided to hexify. (is that a word? Smile )

As I said in my 1st post, that's pretty much my best guess.

vickyg2003 wrote:
If this was a hexless MAP that would work because most of the Atlases look alike, but once the hex is there, the map can't be shared.

Tell me something I don't already know, Vicky! Wink Actually, as I suspect you already know, that map is shared -- by 9 different RDFs! It's just that 30323032 which is the "bastard child" of the bunch, as far as button codes go.

I'll let this thread percolate a bit, hoping someone will come along and explain this, but if I don't get a definitive answer (or maybe even if I do), I have to decide on 1 of 3 possible actions:
  1. Delete the 30323032 RDF from the aggregate set.
  2. Strip out the button code prefixes from the map file (which don't necessarily have to be hex, BTW).
  3. Create a new map for the 30323032 case.
Item #3 is probably the safest, and item #2 might cause (rightful) wailing by those in the know. But if this 30323032 Atlas is really rare, maybe few would object to item #1.

Bill
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 3032 is an entirely different animal. At one point I was thinking that I could use the extender from the 3000 and 3033 (they share the same source with some conditional assembly to deal with the differences) but that wasn't going to happen. The keycodes are all different and lots of other odd stuff.

I've never seen one so I gave up at one point and took all of the 3032 code out of the extender source.

But those keycodes that you mentioned do look right, they are a very different set from the traditional UEI remotes.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
the 3032 is an entirely different animal. (...) But those keycodes that you mentioned do look right, they are a very different set from the traditional UEI remotes.
Thanks for the info, UM.

I guess my choice boils down to #1 or #3. I'm tempted to follow option #1, but as soon as I do that, Vicky will find her 3032 Atlas, right Vicky? Wink Smile

Bill
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, don't remove it. I would never have known my remote was a 30323032 Atlas if I didn't have the RDF. That would have started the whole unidentified remote procedure all over again.

This morning I ran through my box of JP1.2 Atlases hoping to find the missing remote, but only found a 3000 Atlas that had been mis-filed. I have moved TWICE since I last saw this remote. There is a very small chance that its in my box of 'travelers' in Florida and an equal chance that I gave it away.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Oh no, don't remove it.

OK, I'll keep it around. The only option that will keep everyone happy is probably #3 (create a new map just for the 30323032). Unfortunately, that's the one that's also the most effort. Ain't that always just the case? Smile

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: