JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BINPK RDF Button Codes Discrepancy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: BINPK RDF Button Codes Discrepancy Reply with quote

For those that don't know, I'm in the process of upgrading the RDF/map/image files for a new release.

I've been running Vicky's 'RDF Analysis' tool and it's detected a discrepancy in a Slingbox RDF from the 'RDF Files' section (by "Digital Larry") whereby we have a case of 2 buttons with the same code:
Code:

BINPK (Hava Aeris with UEI PK Chip - 37 keys only).rdf                     
         HEX  rdfbutton           
         01   Power               
         01   num_1               

Here's the relevant portion of the RDF:
Code:

[Buttons]
   1:num_1=1,
   2:num_2=2,
   3:num_3=3,
   4:num_4=4,
   5:num_5=5,
   6:num_6=6,
   7:num_7=7,
   8:num_8=8,
   9:num_9=9,
   0:num_0=10,
   vol up:VOL+=11,
   vol down:VOL-=12,
   Mute=13,
   channel up:CH+=14,
   channel down:CH-=15,
   Power=1,
   Enter=17,
   prev ch:Last_ch=18,
   tv/vcr=19,

As you can see, it looks like the 'Power' button was supposed to be code 16. Does that sound logical?

Since none of the other Slingbox RDFs seem to match the button codes used in this RDF, I'm rather confused about what I should do.

"Digital Larry" -- are you still out there?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer in this area!

Regards,
Bill
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill

I think you have got hold of a 'duff' RDF file there. In ALL Slingbox RDF files I have used/amended the Power Button is 1 but the Number 1 is 9. I have never seen a set of codes like that.

As we have discussed before, the PK chip never actually went into production with a Slingbox so it is questionable whether it actually needs to be included in the Master file.

Cheers

Al
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Al. That file does seem very odd. So unless the author can soundly defend its raison d'ĂȘtre, I won't be including it in the new release.

Off to PM "Digital Larry" now.... Thanks again!

Bill
Digital Larry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, there is a version of Monsoon "HAVA" which uses the UEI PK chip. Whether Sling itself ever did or not I don't know. At the time I was dealing with support of these PK-loaded HAVA devices.

I believe that the correct entry for power is 16, not 1. At least, that's what the RDF I have here says. Sorry I didn't update it on this forum.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the speedy reply, Larry!

OK, well, if there are devices out there using this BINPK "HAVA" variant, I'll consider that adequate raison d'ĂȘtre for your RDF. I'll fix the "Power" button code as you suggest and include this RDF in the new release.

Thanks again for the info, guys....

Bill
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot to ask this....

Larry, your RDF refers to 'hava.map', which I don't have and cannot find anywhere on the forum. If you have this file (and the image file that goes with it, assuming it's also something I wouldn't have), can you please post this somewhere that I can grab it?

Bill

EDIT (15 Nov 2009): For the record, Digital Larry replied to my PM about this, saying "Go ahead and comment it out. HAVA, as does Sling, uses a variety of possible virtual 'soft' remotes displayed on the PC screen and I've never found any particular benefit to having an image included." Therefore, I plan to comment out the 'hava.map' line in the RDF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: