JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6131n RDF (Button Code) Discrepancy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
greg wrote:
It does sound to me like FIXED was a poor choice for naming the .rdf and .map. HACKED or MODDED would been more appropriate

I'd recommend that it be more specific, since to me all 6131's are modded or hacked, after all we did solder an eeprom and a 6pin header into these to make them JP1 compatible!

The old 6131 was introduced in 2003, and was very popular in the JP1 world. T 6131n ~2005 was introduced when the 6820/8820/10820 were introduced. there was lots of chatter on the board about the CC/Audio buttons being the same buttons

2005 post
2006 post

Then in 2007 this "Fixed" RDF was introduced with no board chatter at all.

For a long time there were no new oneforall remotes being introduced, possibly getting ready for the takeover by Audiovox. In 2008 when AudioVox took over the OneforAll brand, their website underwent a major overhaul. I remember commenting that I found it strange that they dropped the 6820 but kept the 6131n listed on the website. We've seen a new 8820/10820 introduced recently(Oct 2009) and that 10820B00 remote was only 4 years old, the library in the 6131 was from 2003 and the remote doesn't have learning. A 6 year old remote without the ability to learn would be quite out of date, so I expect to see a new 6131N variant to be reported soon, but I seriously doubt that the FIXED RDF was for a new variant.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Ellen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you ever did a macro from the keyboard let me know, 'cause I failed miserably. What would we do without jp1!

Hey Liz,

How's it going? I have not been able to program macros on the 6131n with the 995 keyboard method either.
PowerLion1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a URC-6131n that has a sticker with G072801 and when I program a button or macro it acts as one button too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: