JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Power on/off Yamaha HTR-6130 with Atlas remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Power on/off Yamaha HTR-6130 with Atlas remote Reply with quote

1. Device: Yamaha HTR-6130
2. Type of device: Receiver
3. Year: not sure, bought 10/2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas DVR/PVR 1055
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? YES
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes
10. Learning remote question? n/a

I can adjust the volume and mute with codes 0176 and 1276 on a Yamaha HTR-6130 but I can't seem to program the discrete portion for powering on/off from an Atlas DVR/PVR 1055 remote. I am pretty sure I'm following the directions properly but maybe I am missing something?

I have tried,

Setting AUD with both codes 0176 and 1276
Power off receiver
Press and release SETUP
Enter 00248

This does not power on the receiver for either code.

Any step by step instructions/suggestions to program the on/off to the power button on the Atlas remote would be awesome,
Thanks!!!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where you found the 00248, but Yamaha also uses 00246 and 00250 for power.

Follow the same procedure

Press Aud
Short Press of Setup
Type 0 0 2 5 0

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1276 won't work, because it is for device 122, but the 6130 actually responds as device 126 for power commands.

This recent thread shows that power can be controlled by setup code 1815 (apparently not available in the Atlas).

The trick is that both RM and KM suggest the wrong EFCs for this receiver when using the NEC 4 Dev protocol. The tools suggest that the unit will be turned on (using 1815) with EC=16037, but actually 16005 works. This has to do with whether the executor computes the second NEC command byte, which works in this case, or if the second command byte is forced to be the complement of the first, which is the usual way NEC1 works.

Anyway, as far as I can see, the Atlas 1055 and 1056 remotes can't provide power on/off for the 6130 receiver. They can't output device 126.
johnner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried 00246 00250 with no success. Thanks very much for confirming this might not be possible.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks very much for confirming this might not be possible.

This would be quite possible with a jp1.3 flash cable, or that new RCA RCRP05B cable replacement remote would take care of this. I saw those new remotes at Meijer's the other day for about 16.00. I think best buy had them on the shelf too. Unfortunately I couldn't find the 10820N which is the remote I'd be interested in.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Power on/off Yamaha HTR-6130 with Atlas remote Reply with quote

johnner wrote:
1. Device: Yamaha HTR-6130
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas DVR/PVR 1055
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no

Setting AUD with both codes 0176 and 1276
Power off receiver
Press and release SETUP
Enter 00248

This does not power on the receiver for either code.

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.Incidentally, these are the codes I found:
  • Audio 1476; EFC5# 15973, EFC# 006, PowerOn
  • Audio 1476; EFC5# 16997, EFC# 010, PowerStandby

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tricky one. First, Audio 1476 uses the NEC 4DEV Combo executor, but the above upgrade calls for the 2DEV executor. The 2DEV executor is only in 4 remotes, and none of those shoot Yamaha signals. Also, excepting for those 4 remotes (or those too old to carry either), using the 2DEV executor wastes space because the executor itself has to be uploaded to the remote. So we should change the executor in the upgrade to NEC 4DEV Combo. Use preserve OBC and function parameters, and nothing will need to be re-entered.

The other thing is that the 4DEV executor uses a complicated set of selector bits, and for use with manual EFC entry, bit 5 has to be set to zero. Bit 5 doesn't matter if the upgrade is uploaded by computer. RM has a check box for manual folks to use, which sets bit 5 to zero, and gives the correct EFC. (I still have the bruises from the school of hard knocks on this gotcha!)

So changing the executor to 4DEV, and then checking "Executor enforces S is complement of D" shows Power On as EFC = 16005 and Power Off as EFC = 17029. From other threads about Yamaha receivers, we know that these are the correct EFCs.

Setup codes 0376, 1476, 1815, and 1976 will all work for manual entry.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
This is a tricky one. First, Audio 1476 uses the NEC 4DEV Combo executor, but the above upgrade calls for the 2DEV executor. The 2DEV executor is only in 4 remotes, and none of those shoot Yamaha signals. Also, excepting for those 4 remotes (or those too old to carry either), using the 2DEV executor wastes space because the executor itself has to be uploaded to the remote. So we should change the executor in the upgrade to NEC 4DEV Combo. Use preserve OBC and function parameters, and nothing will need to be re-entered.

The other thing is that the 4DEV executor uses a complicated set of selector bits, and for use with manual EFC entry, bit 5 has to be set to zero. Bit 5 doesn't matter if the upgrade is uploaded by computer. RM has a check box for manual folks to use, which sets bit 5 to zero, and gives the correct EFC. (I still have the bruises from the school of hard knocks on this gotcha!)

So changing the executor to 4DEV, and then checking "Executor enforces S is complement of D" shows Power On as EFC = 16005 and Power Off as EFC = 17029. From other threads about Yamaha receivers, we know that these are the correct EFCs.

Setup codes 0376, 1476, 1815, and 1976 will all work for manual entry.

Okay, I think that I made the suggested changes. To which I noted, "v1.1 changed the protocol from NEC 2DEV Combo to NEC 4DEV Combo. Then placed a checkmark on "Executor enforces S is a complement of D"

And the new EFC codes now are:
  • EFC5# 16005, EFC# 006 - PowerOn
  • EFC5# 17029, EFC# 010 - PowerStandby

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: