JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony PlayStation 2 on/off/reset command...off doesn't work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runningtiger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Sony PlayStation 2 on/off/reset command...off doesn't work Reply with quote

I'm back for my third go 'round with JP1. I downloaded the new IR,KM,etc. and found what I believe to be the most up-to-date version of the Sony PlayStation 2 remote for systems 70000+

I made the new upgrade and uploaded it into my Atlas 5 device and the on and reset work just fine, but the off does not.

I searched the forum looking for chatter regarding this issue and didn't find anything. Does it ring a bell for anybody? Is there a fix somewhere that someone knows of? I'd greatly appreciate help with this.

I don't own a PS2 remote so I can't "learn" the command. I am relying totally on the file I downloaded earlier tonight.

Thanks in advance,
Kit
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this
Try this
Try 046
Try every code from 0 thru 127, take careful notes of the results and post it in the file section along with the exact model of your PS2 (Sony seems to change things from time to time even though the models look the same).
If there is no discrete Off, see if you can create one with Discrete On followed by (toggle) Power. If there's no discrete On then try Play, Power to create a virtual discrete Off.
runningtiger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. That first "read this" is new since my last time and I wasn't aware of it. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I'll get back to the forum when I've had a chance to do the "try this". Thanks again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "read this" thread is primarily aimed at people looking for complete upgrades, where more than likely they have both a learning remote and the original remote, so they have the tools to create one themselves. It doesn't really apply to people just looking for an individual discrete code where there isn't a button on the original remote to learn from in the first place.
BritNerd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just used the info posted by underquark with my 8810 remote and a new 'slim' SCPH 79001 PS2, and it works fine. The 'Off' is achieved by a long press of Power.
PeteHarland

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve created an upgrade located in the following location http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7136/ There are only a few functions in this upgrade as I don't have an original remote. It does however have working discrete power on and off. I used the same discrete power codes for a Sony DVD player with a different main device and sub device code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: