JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Maintainership of 'Master' RDF Distribution

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Maintainership of 'Master' RDF Distribution Reply with quote

This topic came up in an unrelated thread, so I'm starting a new one to discuss it properly.

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
WagonMaster wrote:
So do I PM Nils Ekberg to get the RDF fixed or does he just do the aggregation?
It wouldn't hurt. We are certainly long overdue for an RDF update, and not just for this particular one. In the past, Nils has gone over each RDF to make sure it conforms and has all the proper entries before releasing the entire package. I'm not sure if he has the time of late to devote to this, and the number of RDF files has increased since his last release, so it's become a much bigger project. (Do I hear you volunteering to take this over? Razz )
I'm already the (self-anointed, unofficial) maintainer of the JP1.x serial communication library code, but I guess I could temporarily add another "hat".

I mean, even if all I did was update/add the 3 RDFs that I know need it, release a new set, and then run 'n' hide, that would leave the project minimally better off than where we are now, right? Wink Smile

Nils, are you OK with giving up the job for at least 1 release cycle? Dumb question? Wink Smile

If it's OK with Nils, I'll try to update the RDFs and get some sort of release out.

P.S. I'll PM Nils in case he's not watching the forum....

Bill
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fine with this. I have been extremely busy lately with my job. As a matter of fact I am not even home now.

I did some work on it a little while ago but if you start from the latest version you should be good.

I e-mailed you the latest RDF's Maps and Images
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

Thanks for taking this on. I'm not sure what Nils had planned, but it would be good to put setup code lists in as many RDF's as possible. I think Mike has already made all the lists. They just need to be pasted in. I've already added them to mine (15-13x and a version of the 15-100), and I think they've been added to a few others already.

Also the RCA RCRP05B RDF doesn't have the latest Special protocols or Multi-macro entries posted not long ago.

The 15-100 has a couple of versions. One version has some home theater and language settings that need to be added to the other.

That's all I can think of right now.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
(...) but it would be good to put setup code lists in as many RDF's as possible. I think Mike has already made all the lists.

OK, great -- thanks for all the info! I'll be pursuing this in the coming week, hopefully.

mdavej wrote:
Also the RCA RCRP05B RDF doesn't have the latest Special protocols or Multi-macro entries posted not long ago.

The multi-macro stuff I've already got because I've been testing with that remote, but a reminder like yours is never a bad thing. I'm also using (but need to test it some more) the "DSM=Internal:0" entry in the "[SpecialProtocols]" section to support the "native" (978 code) Device-Specific Macro capability of this remote. I need to make sure I know what I'm doing before adding other entries to the "[SpecialProtocols]" section. I suspect you mean that things like 'Pause' (and maybe other SPs) need to be added too, right?

mdavej wrote:
The 15-100 has a couple of versions. One version has some home theater and language settings that need to be added to the other.

OK, good to know. I'll check into that soon and report if I encounter problems.

I plan to start a new thread on this when I get ready to solicit inputs and ask questions. I need some time to look over everything we've got, comparing what's out there against what Nils sent me. That will take a bit of time.

Thanks again for your inputs and guidance, Dave -- much appreciated! (BTW, it is "Dave", isn't it? I think I've seen others refer to you that way, but forgive me if I'm mistaken.)

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: