JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problems with nFusion devices

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Problems with nFusion devices Reply with quote

Hi

As some of you know, I am using a Harmony Universal Remote to mimic OEM Remotes to build Custom Remotes.

I have had a request in to look at 3 nFusion devices: Phoenix (STB), Solaris (SD PVR) and the Nova (HD PVR). I have installed all 3 devices and the Harmony database appeared to recognise them and also allocated the soft keys to different device-dependent functions.

But when I try and learn the codes I find that all 3 devices are giving identical results (Protocol - NEC1, Device 8, same keycodes). Even looking at the waveforms in IRSCOPE they look identical.

Am I missing something ? Might they be using an 'extra' code to differentiate between the boxes that we can't trap ?

Al
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any reason to believe that they're not in fact all using the same codeset?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the BIN code I have created doesn't work for the user so I don't have much to go on. But he tells me that they have different remotes and the Up Arrow, for example, on one remote will only drive the appropriate box to that remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your user have all three boxes? It sure sounds like they all use different codes, but on the other hand, we don't know that the Harmony has the right codes for all three, unless you know of other Harmony users with these boxes that are successfully using it.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The user has the Phoenix STB and the Solaris SD PVR. He just happens to know there is also an HD PVR called the Nova and had assumed the codes doing the rounds were for the Nova and that was why they wouldn't work with his 2 boxes.

Hadn't thought of checking other Harmony users, I'll post a request on the forum.

Thanks

Al
Jet!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nFusion Owners;

Use the correct File S2040_PL.bin.

It can be found in the File Section here.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6868

Please take the time to rate this file! Thanks!
scatron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Solaris Reply with quote

What do I put in where it asks for the cutom code? I did download the relevant file but I don't know what to put in for custom code.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S2040
Jet!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Solaris Reply with quote

scatron wrote:
What do I put in where it asks for the cutom code? I did download the relevant file but I don't know what to put in for custom code.

Download the custom code S2040_PL.bin file.

Unzip file.

Copy the .bin file to --> C:\ProgramFiles\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV folder.

Run Setup Assistant, and choose Custom Code S2040.. Don't press the enter or return button... Simply fill in the S2040 and click POWER button in the setup assistant. Give it a few seconds, and the code will turn your nFusion off. Press POWER again in setup assistant, and the power will come back on in your nFusion.

Complete the setup process, and save.

JET
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: