JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Baier 2910TPF TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Baier 2910TPF TV Reply with quote

1. Device: Baier 2910TPF
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: Possibly 2003
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-9910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a

I think the remote control is this one which suggests Baier 28MFV and 2910TPF and 74127 use the same RC, but I can't find any Baier codes anywhere. Baier appears to be some ASDA brand. Thank you for your help.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on a Brand Lookup utility.

I have a Baier TV in my list.

http://www.getzweb.net/jp1/

See if this one is the one you need.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
chrb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but it didn't work Sad
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the search method where you step through all the codes?

I did find some information that this might work with TV/0634, which is similar to TV/0624 found in your remote.

And I did find information that TV./1372 will be another Baier code, I just don't have any information on what that code is going to be.

Also TV/1324 seems to be another Baier TV code.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
chrb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through the manual code search but didn't find anything that worked. 0624 didn't work. My remote doesn't have 0634 1372 or 1324. In fact it didn't have the code 0876 from your brand lookup, I had to put it in RemoteMaster and type in the EFC codes, was that the right thing to do or is there some other way? It's been about 5 years since I last used these tools.

I don't suppose there is any relation between Sky remote codes and JP1 codes? Or a way to convert them? I found this site that suggests 0643 0743 sky codes for this TV.

btw from your site I saw the following:
beko
TV TV 0037 RC-5 0 100 5 00E8 1F 5F 1A

When trying to enter device value 100 in remotemaster I get the error that it isn't in range 0..31

Also there are entries with values like the following _pic: $x:

TV TV 0486 _pid: $00A6 00A6 00 ALT EFCs Rem

Also is it possible for the site to show the TV model from the database? It seems like there's no way to find specific codes for a given model and some manufacturers have many codes.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrb wrote:
, I had to put it in RemoteMaster and type in the EFC codes, was that the right thing to do or is there some other way? It's been about 5 years since I last used these tools.

Yes that is exactly what I'd do.

Quote:
I don't suppose there is any relation between Sky remote codes and JP1 codes? Or a way to convert them? I found this site that suggests 0643 0743 sky codes for this TV.

I went to the sky website. The newer remotes REV4,REV6 and REV8 appear to be UEI remotes. One even has the JP1 pins shown in the picture. I couldn't find a booklet with their codes, but when I entered the brands into their tool, the numbers look like they were off by 28. It looks like you need to subtract 28 to convert those codes to the standard uei library.

Quote:
btw from your site I saw the following:
beko
TV TV 0037 RC-5 0 100 5 00E8 1F 5F 1A

When trying to enter device value 100 in remotemaster I get the error that it isn't in range 0..31

For the RC-5 code, the 100 is really 0 but it uses larger OBC's.

Quote:
Also there are entries with values like the following _pid: $x:

Those can be created using manual settings. You'd probably need an experts help.

Quote:
Also is it possible for the site to show the TV model from the database? It seems like there's no way to find specific codes for a given model and some manufacturers have many codes.

No I don't have the model numbers available. Its better to find your information from the files section, or from remotecentral or from a manufacturer's site, where model numbers are available. This lookup is for people like you, who can't find information from any other site. I hope if you find your code, you'll upload the upgrade to the file section here, so that the next person with the Baier TV will have an easier time of it. Submitting upgrades is a way of making a valuable contribution to the forum.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon closer inspection, it looks like the 2910ptf uses a RECS80 (45) 7. The TV/1324 that I found, and the TV/0607 (634-28) and TV/0715 (743-28) all are variation of that protocol. Since the 1324 specifically says Baier, I set up a partial file for you to start with.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7307

chrb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's awesome! Everything works with that file apart from the Tv/Vid button i.e. there's no way to select the SCART inputs AV1 or AV2. I just checked your site and found this where the EFC is 208 not 108. Maybe you made a typo? I changed the EFC to 208 and it works. Excellent. Thanks for all your help!

btw, not sure if this matters for anything, but the in the txt file itself you put the TV as Baier 2900PTF not 2910PTF. I expect this file should also work for the 28MFV and 74127 given that they're sold as the same remote on ebay.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you happen to find out what the colored buttons do? Why don't you post the corrected version and I'll delete mine. Make sure you add those other models in the description, so that the search will find it.

BTW, you were the very first "user" of my site.

chrb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7327

The functions don't correspond exactly to the ones you supplied. I've left the names the same, they may have some other function on the 28MFV or 74127.

FUNC - EFFECT
red - nothing
green - contrast toggle between Favourite, Dynamic, Soft, Standard
blue - audio between toggle News Music Favourite Standard
yellow - OSD toggle volume, contrast, balance, sharpness
teletext expand - ratio toggle 4:3 16:9
teletext mix - nothing
Hold - toggle RGB (input?)
chrb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh.. I forgot to change the TV/vid EFC to 208 in the rmdu file I uploaded, so I've uploaded a new version..
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: