JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RCRP05B and RCA RTD3131 power on/off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlong31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: RCA RCRP05B and RCA RTD3131 power on/off Reply with quote

1. Device: RCA RTD3131 Home Theater In A Box
2. Type of device: Combination home theater system / dvd player.
3. Year: 3/2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RCA RCRP05B
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? 1254 / audio/receiver
10. Learning remote question? Yes

First of all thank you for any help you all can provide. I purchased this remote last night to consolidate a few different brands into a single remote. The remote will control the volume up / down and mute on the receiver in any of the 4 modes it is in but, it will not turn the system on or off. I have tried using the learn mode but each time I try the light shows the "long blink" meaning it has a learning error. The only thing I need is a way to turn the surround system on and off either by pressing aud then power or adding it into a master power macro. Thanks ahead of time for any ideas / suggestions you all can provide.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering if you were trying to learn to the POWER key. Typically the power key on Atlas style remotes is restricted when it comes to learning, keymoves and macros. Although I didn't see anything about the power key being restricted on the RCA RCP05PB, my guess is that it might be restricted anywayl.

In our file section, we have an RCA upgrade for a home theater that is similar to the Audio/1254 but the power EFC is 51969.

To Test

Press the Device key that uses Audio/1254
Short Press Setup
type 51969 while pointing remote at the HTIB device

If that is the desired on/off function, you can "keymove" or paste the function onto a key, but probably not onto the power key Crying or Very sad

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
wnewell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one of the remotes and the power button works as a macro, but only in cable mode. And you can't learn with it. Basically all i did was use macro1 as my master power button. Assuming the power button for the device you want to turn on works, just put it on macro1 or macro 2. Follow the macro instructions in the manual. I just wanted to turn the TV on and have the remote in dvr mode, so on macro1 set it with TV, power, DVR buttons. Simple as that. If you want to turn everything on just press device button and power button for each device and make the last device button pressed the one for the mode you want to end up in. You can also use the cable mode power and on demand buttons as macros, but only in cable mode. So if you want to start and end in cable mode you can use one of them. Just make sure the last device button you press is the cable button.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also note that you can put macros on any buttons besides the device buttons (TV, CBL, etc.), not just macro1, 2, OnDemand and Power. Macros can go on shifted buttons as well, essentially doubling the number of buttons. So you've got plenty of places to put macros.
Jlong31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the advice from vickyg2003 I was able to solve my issue
1st I was using the learn mode and trying to map the power from the original remote to the master power button on the RCRP05B
2nd after reading Vickyg2003's post I tried the learn function again and this time mapped the power button from the original remote to the dash button on the RCRP05B
This worked perfect to turn the system on
3rd I mapped the buttons such as dvd and digital (mode switching buttons) to the on demand and fav buttons
next i mapped the dvd functions play pause stop rewind fast forward disc menu etc on to the same buttons on the RCRP05B
Lastly I used macro 1 to make a new master power macro
by using tv then power sat then power aud then dash
this turns on my TV DirecTV dvr and HTIB all in that order

Thanks for the help and I hope this follow up will help others with the RTD3131 HTIB and the RCRP05B
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: