JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

codes for Genesis 19" LCD TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
staggerwing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: codes for Genesis 19" LCD TV Reply with quote

1. Device: Genesis TVO119
2. Type of device:19" LCD TV
3. Year:2009?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:will purchase based on recomendation but
probably RS Universal Gamer Remote Model: 15-133
Already have URC 4330b03
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Broken, non functional
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No

Any help is appreciated.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

staggerwing, as you stated, there are no Genesis files in our file section, nor at remote central, and you don't have a working remote, so this is going to be a bit touch and go.

There are 3 official Genesis TV codes
TV/0009 Proton 2
TV/0037 RC-5 0,100,5
TV/0556 RC-5 0,100,3

It looks like your urc-4330 Remote has TV/0003 and TV/0054. Try the power button on each of these codes to see if we have a partially working code.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
staggerwing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I tried the codes and only the 0054 returns the 'double blink' confirmation. Unfortunately it does not operate the TV. Just to be sure
I tried the other ones after entering them even though they did not confirm.

My local RadioShack still has the 15-133 (Universal Gamer Remote) in stock.
Should I try that one? It's $20 right now.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its my understanding that the TV/0037, TV/0556 both use EFC 044 for the power key which would be the same as the TV/0054, since 044 would point at the first device which is zero 0 in all three devices.

The TV/0009 hasn't been tested yet because there isn't a Proton 2 device in the urc-4330 remote that you have. If there is a proton combo and the emits 5 digit EFC's then maybe you could test it.

The Radioshack 133 has a TV/0003 Proton 2 code. You could build on that with efc's from the TV/0009 code, if your tv does respond to the Proton 2.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any Proton 2 or Proton Combo in your remote.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
staggerwing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for your help. It looks like I've got a lot to learn as I had trouble
following some of what you posted (my fault-not yours-because I have to
read up on the newbie guides in the forums still Embarassed )
I went ahead and purchased the 15-133 and tried the brute force
approach by scrolling through all the TV codes. The only one that
did anything was 10717 (from the list) which matches the code
for Princeton TV. All it did though was this:

'Power' = tv's menu
'menu' = scroll down tv or channel down tv
"arrow left" = number 8 (if a number field was up on menu) or channel 8 (or 88 or 888 etc)

All the other buttons appeared to do nothing.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily, TV 0717 is about the simplest, most common protocol around (NEC1, device 1). Other similar codes you could try are 10857, 10885, 11282 and 11328.

If you don't mind a little more brute force testing, you can try every possible command. Keeping the remote set to whatever code worked best, try every advanced code from 00000-00255, noting what each does.

Here's how:

Press and release P then 00000 and see what happens. Next try P 00001 and so on thru P 00255. When you key in the last digit of each group, a command is sent. Try to type in the numbers fairly quickly (half second each or faster). When you press P, don't hold it like you do when setting a device code, just a brief tap.

There is some risk doing this because could possibly stumble on some hidden service mode command that could put your tv in a weird state. But this is uncommon.

If you find enough useful commands, then you can permanently assign them to keys or we might even be able to find a better code match. Post back when you get that far.
wnewell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of NEC1. How safe is it, along with device 0, to use for a custom code. I just started at obc 0 and wirked my way up. Will probably use less than 60, but might go as high as 100. I used it with device 0 thinking it was probably one of the first ones used and is only used with some real old equipment.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wnewell wrote:
Speaking of NEC1. How safe is it, along with device 0, to use for a custom code. I just started at obc 0 and wirked my way up. Will probably use less than 60, but might go as high as 100. I used it with device 0 thinking it was probably one of the first ones used and is only used with some real old equipment.

Chances of conflict with a NEC code are pretty high. UEI has 210 official NEC1 0 codes covering 480 brands.

Quote:

Staggerwing wrote:
Thanks again for your help. It looks like I've got a lot to learn as I had trouble following some of what you posted

Staggerwing, I'm sorry my post was a bit over your head, I posted the details of my thinking just to make sure I was thinking correctly.

I checked all the 4700 codes that I know of, and couldn't find a match where 054 was 8, 181, was menu and 057 was down or ch-, so there wasn't a "better" UEI remote for you to use.

As mentioned above you need to work your way from 00000 to 00255 255 EFC's, to find the functions codes you need.

While in TV/10717 mode :
Short press of setup
Type the 5 digit code while pointing your remote at the TV.

To work smarter, use RM or KM, and start from OBC 0, and work your way up that way because functions are usually grouped by OBC's. Often the equipment developers will work there way though obc's starting from 0, just as wnewell has done for his custom code.

wnewell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chances of conflict with a NEC code are pretty high. UEI has 210 official NEC1 0 codes covering 480 brands.

But how many of them use subdevice 0, parm 0.? I wouldn't think more than one or two old out of date devices. I assume you searched some db. Where can I find it?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE
staggerwing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not posting sooner...

mdavej wrote:
Luckily, TV 0717 is about the simplest, most common protocol around (NEC1, device 1). Other similar codes you could try are 10857, 10885, 11282 and 11328.

The first code 10857 does the following (push = result):

-> = power
power=vol.up
vol.up=4
vol.dn=1
last=ch.up
mute=6
ch.dn=7
3= some sound function (mono perhaps?)
6= unsure, last perhaps?
8=8
input=0
0=5

I'll post back w/results from the other codes soon.
Thanks again for your help, all of you!

Quote:
If you don't mind a little more brute force testing, you can try every possible command. Keeping the remote set to whatever code worked best, try every advanced code from 00000-00255, noting what each does.

I'll give that a shot too.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: codes for Genesis 19" LCD TV Reply with quote

staggerwing wrote:
1. Device: Genesis TVO119
probably RS Universal Gamer Remote Model: 15-133
Already have URC 4330b03

Unfortunately, I could not find a match. If you still need this upgrade then you'll need a compatible JP1 learning remote with the appropriate Flash cable (and an adapter if necessary) then you can use either IR or RMIR to upload a copy of your remote's image with its learned signals. Otherwise, you can pick up IR Scope and an IR Widget to record the commands to your computer. Uploading your file(s) into our diagnostic section from either method will offer us the resource to create customized upgrades which will allow control of that particular device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: