JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteMaster v1.97 is now available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolivas27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greg what is remote master IR is it a new program or has it always been part of remote master? I just stumbled on the switch today.

Thanks,
Dean
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolivas27 wrote:
Hi Greg what is remote master IR is it a new program or has it always been part of remote master? I just stumbled on the switch today.

Thanks,
Dean
Read this thread.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy...

So I am once again on a crusade to move completely to RM-IR. I have tried this a few times before but have run in to problems. This time I am not in a hurry, so figured I would try to work through the issues.

I use Atlas OCAP1056 remotes (the best JP1 remote out there right now IMHO Razz ) I am currently using extender 2.03, but am going to start over with 2.10.

RM-IR does not seem to be able to load the virgin OCAP 1056 dump either from a remote or a .IR file saved from IR. I suspect the RDF isn't really up to spec,but I don't know enough about it to debug.

Here is a .IR file. When you load it in RMIR you get... Nothing. So while I suspect there is an RDF issue, RM-IR should throw an error.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8266

Any help is appreciated!

Also - a minor note - for the Windows install, I really think you should include a shortcut to RMIR to get more people looking at it!

Thanks!
xnappo
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look. To help me get started, please provide a link to the RDF you are using. Don't want to spend time debugging issues with obsolete RDFs.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
I'll take a look. To help me get started, please provide a link to the RDF you are using. Don't want to spend time debugging issues with obsolete RDFs.

Hi Greg,

Thanks. I downloaded the latest RDFs zip file from the files section...

Chris
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First issue identified:

The RDF doesn't have a device type alias for the VCR device type.

Try this:
Code:
[DeviceTypeAliases]
Cable    = Cable,SAT,Video Acc
TV       = TV
DVD      = DVD,Tape,Laserdisc,DAT
CD/Audio = CD,Tuner,Home Auto,Misc Audio,Phono,Amp
VCR      = VCR

gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:

Also - a minor note - for the Windows install, I really think you should include a shortcut to RMIR to get more people looking at it!

The windows "stand-alone" version should be creating a shortcut for RMIR.

Similarly, if you use the Java multi-platform version under Windows, and you follow the installation instructions you'll find that Step 3 creates rmir.bat (as well as rmaster.bat).
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:

The windows "stand-alone" version should be creating a shortcut for RMIR.

Ah - missed that since I always go to the actual directory out of habit. I meant create a shortcut in the installation directory - however most users probably do use the 'start menu' shortcuts anyway.

Will try the RDF change tonight.

Thanks,
xnappo
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I made some icons and shortcuts for the java version HERE that I use, so you don't have to use bat files.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
First issue identified:

The RDF doesn't have a device type alias for the VCR device type.

That did the trick! Thanks - I will let you know if I find any other problems along the way.

Is there someone I should PM to make sure it gets fixed?

[Very] minor bug - if you go to download from remote, then hit cancel at the RDF select dialog, any future download from remote will fail with 'no remote found' (until you reload).

xnappo
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - on to the next set of problems. Again I am not really in a hurry here - just trying to help get the kinks out.

With the above, I was able download the virgin image and save it.

I then installed extender 2.10 from here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6724

Problem 1: The IR file that the extender image maker creates has some invalid devices selected by default. When I try to load the image in RM-IR, I get 'nothing'.

This IR file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8281

When I load it in normal IR, I do get an warning that the AUD and VCR setup codes are invalid. I went ahead and fixed that, then tried loading the new files into RMIR. The file now loads.

The fixed file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8282

Problem 2: After creating the 'extender' version, RMIR will not allow me to upload the image to the remote - I get 'Signatures don't match!' with no override option. Normal IR warns you, but allows you to proceed. This is obviously required to install an extender.

So - I went ahead and installed the extender using normal IR. I was able to download via RM-IR and it correctly identified the extender. I was able at this point to upload basic configuration changes like selecting built in codes.

Problem 3: I tried adding in my TiVo upgrade here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8283
and select it as the CBL device. After uploading this configuration, RM-IR reports that that 'Data verify failed: data read back does not match data written'.

At this point the remote seems to pretty much work - but a diff on a download from the remote is significantly different. Unfortunately once again the differences down mean much to me - will note though that the 'diffs' are not in the hex portion of the RMIR file... That is the important part right? Here is a zip with the before and after write:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8284

Whew. Thanks for your help Greg!
xnappo
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo wrote:
Ok - on to the next set of problems. Again I am not really in a hurry here - just trying to help get the kinks out.

With the above, I was able download the virgin image and save it.

I then installed extender 2.10 from here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6724

Problem 1: The IR file that the extender image maker creates has some invalid devices selected by default. When I try to load the image in RM-IR, I get 'nothing'.

This IR file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8281

OK, I'll check it out. Just FYI, when you see 'nothing' in a situation like this, there probably are clues to what went wrong in the rmaster.err file. Of course the information in there probably isn't meaningful to you, so posting the file that caused the issue in the first place is the best thing to do so I can recreate the problem.

Quote:
When I load it in normal IR, I do get an warning that the AUD and VCR setup codes are invalid. I went ahead and fixed that, then tried loading the new files into RMIR. The file now loads.

Good

Quote:
The fixed file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8282

Problem 2: After creating the 'extender' version, RMIR will not allow me to upload the image to the remote - I get 'Signatures don't match!' with no override option. Normal IR warns you, but allows you to proceed. This is obviously required to install an extender.

I'll fix that.

Quote:
So - I went ahead and installed the extender using normal IR. I was able to download via RM-IR and it correctly identified the extender. I was able at this point to upload basic configuration changes like selecting built in codes.

Problem 3: I tried adding in my TiVo upgrade here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8283
and select it as the CBL device. After uploading this configuration, RM-IR reports that that 'Data verify failed: data read back does not match data written'.

What version of RMIR are you using? I think that was fixed in one of the v1.98 betas. The most recent is v1.98beta7, available here.

Quote:
At this point the remote seems to pretty much work - but a diff on a download from the remote is significantly different. Unfortunately once again the differences down mean much to me - will note though that the 'diffs' are not in the hex portion of the RMIR file... That is the important part right? Here is a zip with the before and after write:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8284

Whew. Thanks for your help Greg!
xnappo

Not surprising at all that a downloaded image generates a different .rmir file than what was uploaded. You are correct though that the critical part is the hex portion.

I'm happy to help. Part of the reason I haven't been very active in the forums lately is because there hasn't been much interest in RMIR, or at least no one reporting that they are trying to use and providing feedback such as this when there are problems.

I really don't have a lot of time to spare these days, so I don't work on RMIR unless someone is trying to use it and is willing to help figure out what's going on.

Hopefully this will be a fruitful process leading to a greatly improved and filled-out RMIR. I also hope it won't be too frustrating for you as you encounter problems at every step of the way.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks - indeed I was not using the latest beta and that seems to have cleaned up the verify issue.

I really wanted to try to get RM-IR working last time I messed with it, but at the time my setup was more complex and I had new equipment to get working Smile

This time I am just optimizing, so I really don't mind doing some pipe cleaning. I really get frustrated when I come back after 6 month with the normal IR/RM dual program stuff trying to remember what upgrade I used and what tweaks I made to them manually etc - having everything in one file is the big selling point of RM-IR for me.

I will continue on with my setup and let you know what I find.

Thanks,
xnappo
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a minor thing that may not be RM-IR related.

I am using an upgrade for my receiver which uses protocol $0042. Panasonic Multi-Device (hacked). When I look at any Atlas RDF, this protocol is list as being available. However when I look at my old IR dumps, I have 0042 as an 'upgrade' protocol. I do not remember doing anything weird there, but who knows..

In order to get the upgrade to work with RM-IR, I had to delete the protocol from the RDF list. After that it worked fine. The upgrade in question is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4097

Thanks,
xnappo
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: