JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony Bravia Sync codes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaycemil wrote:
Interesting. Well, I tried them all and here's what I got.

12843 - Theater
00556 - Nothing, Tv IR receive LED doesn't blink
00812 - Same as above
64556 - Rewind
00044 - Nothing, Tv IR receive LED doesn't blink
65068 - Pause
04651 - Nothing but the receive LED does blink so it may be something else

Not sure what is going on but I did find may pause so thank you folks very much Smile

You know what, somewhere here I read that we needed to do something to those EFC's that ended up with 00 at the beginning. I think Dave (3FG) posted something about that, that I didn't understand at the time.

I recaculated the EFC's with KM.

Code:

Sync Menu   04765
scene       62109
Theater     12843
Stop        66092
pause       65068
Play        65580
rewind      64556
Fast fwd    66348
Prev         58156
Next        57132

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it would seem that there is an error in the 5 digit EFC calculation.

For example
Play

RM says 00044
KM says 65580

to see which was right, I set my Comcast to Aux/1232

I then captured the resulting signals to IR Scope,
Both came out as Sony12 Device 20, OBC 51

The funny thing is, when I plugged either of those numbers (00044, or 65580) into the 5 digit EFC in RM, the result was also Sony 12, Device 20, OBC 51.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
cauer29

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Well it would seem that there is an error in the 5 digit EFC calculation.

For example
Play

RM says 00044
KM says 65580

to see which was right, I set my Comcast to Aux/1232

I then captured the resulting signals to IR Scope,
Both came out as Sony12 Device 20, OBC 51

The funny thing is, when I plugged either of those numbers (00044, or 65580) into the 5 digit EFC in RM, the result was also Sony 12, Device 20, OBC 51.

Vicky,

65580 mod 65536 = 44

A.A.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
As cauer29 has said, 44 and 65580 are the same number, because by definition an EFC fits into 16 bits, and the largest number is then 2^16-1=65535. So for uploading with a cable either form is acceptable. If the number is too big, bit 16 is automatically discarded.

But evidently the routines that accept EFC manually consider a leading pair of zeros to indicate that a 3 digit style EFC is being entered. So we should never try to use 00xxx as a true 5 digit EFC. Instead it should be added to 65366. Put another way, if the EFC is going to be used by an executor which takes 1 byte, then the EFC should be expressed as 00xxx.
If the EFC is going to be used by an executor that needs two bytes of hex data, add 65536 if necessary to avoid 2 leading zeros.

Of course it would be nice if RM did that automatically, but as a general thing, RM has been written for JP1 interface users rather than folks trying to manually program their remotes.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see the problem, the rest of the information is on the other page.

You guys think I'm complaining because two EFC's send the same code,
I'm complaining because the EFC doesn't send the correct code.

Play is
Sony15 Dev 151, OBC 24

But NEITHER EFC sends this code, they both send
Sony12, Dev20, OBC 51

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
I carefully checked that EFC 65580 should give hex data 59 E9. It should. So I worked through what the 00 27 executor needs to send device 151 OBC 26, and that turned out to be 59 E9. So belatedly, I used a Comcast 1067BX3 (setup code 21232) to send EFC 65580, learned it, and .... it was device 151 OBC 26, both in IR and RMIR.

However, manually assigning EFC 00044 does send Sony 12, device 20, OBC 51. This is, IMO, expected since that's what the 3 digit EFC 044 would provide.

The part that is odd is that entering 65580 into the EFC5 column in RM does put 044 into the EFC3 column, and 25833 into EFC5, and of course the hex data corresponds to 25833 rather than 65580. So I think that's a bug in RM. It is however, unrelated to the Sony 12/15/20 Combo-- the same thing happens with NEC 4 DEV combo.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is however, unrelated to the Sony 12/15/20 Combo

No but it is related to the bravia synch codes. There are threel codes that go above the 65536 limit. All of the codes that were over the 65536 are not availabe on 5 digit EFC remotes as keymoves or through the keyboard.

Since the EFC seems to be stored in the 2 data bytes of the keymove, this makes perfect sense.

Now on a remote that takes 3 digit EFC's the keymoves for these 2 byte protocols are set up with the 2 byte hex, so you can use these keymoves on the old EEprom remotes, just not on the newer remotes.

However, this was news to me. How could I have not known this with as glued to the forum as I am????

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,
At least one of us doesn't understand the situation.

Here's what I think:
There is no "65536 limit" on 5 digit EFCs. In fact it is common to manually enter EFCs into the low 70,000 range. It is similar to 3 digit EFCs. Those have only 256 unique values, but the remote will let you enter e.g. 356 and internally convert that to 100.

To put it bluntly, I think the assertion that EFC 65580 (entered manually) sends Sony 12, Device 20, OBC 51 is incorrect. I tried it, and it sends Sony 15, Device 151, OBC 26.

I believe that all the Bravia Synch signals can be sent by UEI remotes, and that these can be entered manually into the remote. I haven't tried entering them as keymoves using EFCs in IR or RMIR.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To put it bluntly, I think the assertion that EFC 65580 (entered manually) sends Sony 12, Device 20, OBC 51 is incorrect. I tried it, and it sends Sony 15, Device 151, OBC 26.

I think I need to pull out some more remotes.

You tried this on a Comcast JP1.3 remote and I tried this on a Comcast JP1.2 remote, and I can say that the only way I can get the 151 obc 26 is to have the code in an upgrade. Either entering it as a keymove with our tools or entering the efc's from the keyboard will not send the desired output.

All the other 5 digit codes worked as advertised. Only the three codes that exceed 65536 don't work.

Perhaps this is a flaw of this particular remote......

Unfortunately we started a construction project here, and all the building materials are blocking my path to my remote stash................

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to reach some of my remotes, and can say that 10820 works just fine and can send out these 5 digit efcs.... Don't know what is going on with the Comcast because repeated tests show you can't enter those numbers from the keyboard.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this is just a problem with 5 digit EFC remotes that have AdvancedCodeFormat= EFC,

The only two remotes that I can think of that have that combination is the URC9960B01 and the Comcast

The other early 5 digit EFC remotes had even more problems.

But this is something to keep in mind for all those people that come asking for codes on the Comcast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: