JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device Upgrade Problem With Shifted Keys and RMIR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wnewell,

Greg says,
gfb107 wrote:
RMIR considers these keymoves to be part of the device upgrade, and as such can only be seen and manipulated from within that device upgrade.

So you won't see the keymoves in RMIR, only in RM. But they really are there. Greg's still trying to determine why they don't seem to function in this case.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key moves are probably there, they just aren't shown on the key move tab. RMIR considers them part of the device upgrade, and shows them in the device upgrade. This is a significant difference from IR.

RMIR determines that a key move is part of a device upgrade when:

• The device type and setup code of the key move matches the device type and setup code of the device key the key move is bound to.
  • There is an installed device upgrade of that device type and setup code

The fact that the key move is not shown on the key move tab does NOT mean that the key move got lost or won't be installed or active when you upload to your remote.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
wnewell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarification. I was going to try and program codes on the macro, fav, and learning keys of a urc-10820. However, I'm now looking at the RCRP05B remote to replace it with. Lots more programmable buttons on it. I assume I can use rmir with it. It's a JP1.3 remote.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a handle on the issue. The key moves are there, and they are being written to the remote, it's just that one byte (of the 7 bytes) in each key move has the wrong value. Of course this means that neither the remote not IR recognize them as key moves.

I've already coded a fix, now it's just a matter of making a release. I plan to included the new jp12serial library in this release, along with the fix for shuffled function command codes when switching protocols and there are named functions without command codes.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wnewell wrote:
However, I'm now looking at the RCRP05B remote to replace it with. Lots more programmable buttons on it. I assume I can use rmir with it. It's a JP1.3 remote.
I already have that remote but have only done very rudimentary testing with it. I have already grabbed an original flash memory image, so now I can freely mess it up. Smile

I may fire up RMIR with that remote tonight. If I do, I'll post here to let you know if it works OK. The RDF file for it was preliminary last time I grabbed it, so I'll have to figure out if there's anything newer since then.

On a related note, my Slackware 13.0 DVD arrived today too, so forgive me if I'm slightly distracted. Wink

Bill
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
I've already coded a fix, now it's just a matter of making a release. I plan to included the new jp12serial library in this release, along with the fix for shuffled function command codes when switching protocols and there are named functions without command codes.
Excellent! Thanks for your speedy response and expertise, Greg! Looking forward to the new version. I'm also glad to hear you'll be including the new serial library. If you run into any issues with that or there's anything I can assist with in any way or any problems crop up after it's released, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll do my best to assist.

Thanks again!

Bill
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wnewell wrote:
However, I'm now looking at the RCRP05B remote to replace it with. [...] I assume I can use rmir with it.

'wnewell' -- I'm happy to report that I've successfully tested your self-compiled 64-bit 'libjp12serial.so' library under my new Slackware 13.0 64-bit installation.

I successfully downloaded from my RS 15-135 and my RCA RCRP05B remotes using RMIR. The 'Help' -> 'About' page confirms that the 'jp12serial.so' library is the new version ('0.14') and the "os.arch" field shows "amd64", of course.

I didn't get too fancy with my testing. That will have to wait for another day because I spent too much time dealing with the new KDE 4.x (4.2.4 to be precise), which I absolutely hate! Evil or Very Mad

On the up side, I don't see any problems so far with running RMIR under a 64-bit Linux platform with the new serial library code. Smile

More tests to follow. If there's anything specific you'd like for me to try with the RCA RCRP05B remote, don't hesitate to ask.

Bill
wnewell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked. I don't use KDE. From 2000 til about a month ago I used IceWM exclusively, but switched to Gnome. It seems about as fast and has better support. All I;m going to do with the rcrp05b is load a custom device upgrade into it with a function for every key that can be programmed on it. From the rdf, that looks like about 54 or 55 I hope. Well, that and several other upgrades for different devices. MythTV has lots of Jump points and other features and 54 buttons will get more of them on the remote. The 10820 has worked great, but every now and then I wish I had more direct jump buttons and this should give me about 8 more.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wnewell wrote:
I don't use KDE. From 2000 til about a month ago I used IceWM exclusively, but switched to Gnome.
I used KDE for many years (8?) and Motif's 'mwm' before that. But KDE4.x is so bad compared to the 3.5 series (the Plasma thing actually crashed on me -- I've never had anything like that happen in 3.5.x!) that I'll probably switch to Xfce. It's lighter, cleaner, and noticeably faster and I can still run the KDE apps like Konqueror and Konsole. I've heard good things about IceWM but never used it. (The GNOME desktop is no longer an option on Slackware unless I install GnomeSlackBuild or similar, which I may do.)

wnewell wrote:
All I'm going to do with the rcrp05b is load a custom device upgrade into it with a function for every key that can be programmed on it.
Given that I've been able to download from it, I don't expect it will be too problematic to do what you want. Later tonight, I'll try to install and test a device upgrade on it and if I have any problem, I'll let you know.

Bill
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,

This is OT, but I'm looking for the list of button aliases you use in RM for auto assignment. You know, the text that goes after the button name delimited by a colon in the RDF? You pointed me to another post at one time, but I can't seem to find it. I know they're just common sense names, but I have no common sense Laughing

Thanks
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Greg,

This is OT, but I'm looking for the list of button aliases you use in RM for auto assignment. You know, the text that goes after the button name delimited by a colon in the RDF? You pointed me to another post at one time, but I can't seem to find it. I know they're just common sense names, but I have no common sense Laughing

Thanks

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1236#1236

The RDF spec also includes this list
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give v1.97 a try.
wnewell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Greg. Just got my RCRP05B remote. Will give it a try shortly I hope.
wnewell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, gave 1.97 a go. Some problems found.

First the zip file has 2 amd-64 directories. I deleted the first one. I assume the first wasn't supposed to be there?

Can't enter TV default device code of 2256 in General Device tabs. Since that's the code for my Proscan TV and now there's lots of codes up to 24xx in the code table, this is probably a problem.

Don't know if it's a problem or not, but the keymoves still didn't show up in the keymoves tab. nor did it reduce the amount of memory left at the bottom of the screen.

I didn't try an upload from rmir since I couldn't select the TV default code of 2256.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: