JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X10 protocol on the 10820
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: X10 protocol on the 10820 Reply with quote

I've finally moved into the 1980's with X10 home automation. It started to replace the countless timers controling the Christmas lights around the house. I have the Smartlinc/Houselinc from the late 90's and the Radio Shack "plug n power" module for the IR side. The problem I am having is the built in CD(Home)/0167 does not appear to work on the 10820 to control the PNP module. If I use the original 5 in1 RS remote to learn the commands into the 10820, they work fine. I did a 981 reset and learned the keys. For unit 1, it show OBC 6 under "X10IR". I've also tried to create an upgrade using the "X10 simple" as template for RM. I simply changed the remote type to the 10820 and select the X10 protocol then moved it into IR.

Any ideas? Can someone with the newer x820 remotes and X10 confirm or not my issue? It's been driving me crazy!!!
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't this X10 upgrade work for you? X10 Upgrade
jetskier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it and it didn't work (see my original post). I don't know if there is some special settings required or not.
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed the part where you tried to "create an upgrade".

I'd suggest dumping the IR file with the learned commands in it an dposting it for the experts to look at. Include a link back to this thread.

Best,
jeff
jetskier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the IR File with the learned Home/0167 from the 10820. It also has a non-working upgrade of the "X10 simple".

I think I found the issue. There are no buttons for On/Off, just dim and all lights on. I was testing based on an outlet not lights.

So my next test was to build an upgrade in RM and add the needed functions. I used the "X10 Simple.txt" as a basis and imported the clipboard. I simply changed the remote type to 10820. It pretty much clears out the functions tab. The X10 protocol doesn't allow direct input of OBC's.

Next attempt, use Keymaster to build an upgrade(KM file here). It is a little smoother transition, but when I copy the upgrade code to IR and set my CD button to 1167 to match the upgrade, it doesn't function. It's showing it's using the X10 protocol (00 3F). The upgrade is in the IR file above.

This protocol is killing me!!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade in this IR file is using a homemade $013F protocol, but I never created an HCS08 version of this protocol, so where did you get it?

The following upgrade uses the built in X10 protocol, but if HOME/0167 doesn't work, I wouldn't expect this one to either.

Upgrade Code 0 = 34 8F (Home Auto/1167) X10 Home Auto (KM v9.10)
3F 00 FE E0 11 F8 B0 F0 90 D0 88 C8 A8 E8 B8 AC
A4 84 94 9C 8C D8 E0 98 80 A0 C0 B4
End
jetskier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The homemade $013f protocol was built in PB using your timings from the other remote and simply changing the processor to HCS08. Nothing more....

I'll give your upgrade a try. It can't hurt at this point.
jetskier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing. When I learned the remote. I learned them under "CD" and not TV as IR is reporting. There appears to be an error in IR.

Here's the IR file for the signal from the original working X10 remote from RS that I learned into the 10820.

original working learns
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskier wrote:
The homemade $013f protocol was built in PB using your timings from the other remote and simply changing the processor to HCS08. Nothing more....

The Simple X10 protocol that I created also uses some assembler, so you would need to re-create that using the HCS08 assembler too. If Mike spots this thread, he might conjour up an HCS08 version of the Simple X10 protocol for you.
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it figured out.... Embarassed

The X10 Simple and Hacked upgrades for S3C8 don't use the same button codes as the built-in Home/0167 version.

That was my mistake. The upgrade you posted worked fine with the X10 protocol.

I'd like to get the IR543AH, but I am not sure if the "hacked" upgrade will work at all without a new protocol for the HCS08. For now on one house code, I'm ok. I hope Mike comes across this...
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've updated Robs KM file to include a version for HCS08. Note that DecodeIR will list this as X10. If DecodeIR can't decode it, IR.exe has an internal decoder that it trys and will list the protocol as X10IR.

Last edited by binky123 on Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Binky. I'm assuming you tested it given the DecodeIR results you posted. I'll give it a try later.

Are you interested in tackling the hacked protocol? I know you love challenges. Very Happy
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest. When I did my little test last night, the upgrade using the built-in protocol worked when I learned it back to another remote. It doesn't work with my X10 minicontroller (RS15-1919R). I think it needs the X10IR protocol and not the regular X10 protocol. Both the upgrade/protocol Binky created and the built-in X10 protocol function the same so I know that's not the problem. The buttons that work are unit 1, 2 (3 is mapped to 8). CHdn is on and not off. CHup is off and not on. Vol Dn is all off. A lot of crazy things. I don't know enough between the two protocols to know the timing differences. They both uses the same OBC's, but I'm not sure what to change (bits/dev or bits/cmd, etc).

I plan on upgrading to the IR543AH soon, but for now I have the RS model.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetSkier, I don't really understand what you are saying, but I want to make sure that your 10820 has "keymap" set to "standard" in the general section in IR. Scrambled functionality on JP1.2 remotes can be due to a 1 bit being set wrong.

The official RDF doesn't have this setting. I just uploaded the extender RDF with this setting yesterday.

Check your 10820 RDF [Settings] Section has the following line:
KeyMap=$01F.5.1.0.0 (Standard;Alternate)
jetskier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Binky & Vicky, you are the King & Queen of Remote Wizardry.

I added that to the settings section of the RDF and set it to Standard. The upgrade now works like it's supposed to! It changed the protocol from "X10IR" to "X10" when I changed that setting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: