JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first attempt at programming RS2133, feedback please...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulkent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: first attempt at programming RS2133, feedback please... Reply with quote

This is my first attempt at setting up a useful configuration on the 2133 Kameleon.

The devices in my basement are:

Yamaha LPX500 projector
Yahama RX-V1400 av receiver
Denon 910 DVD
Samsung SIR-TS160 Directv HD receiver

I've uploaded a zip-file with the device upgrade files for these 4; plus the IR image on the remote currently. The two yamaha ones are "original" in that i had to make them up from trial and error (and the datasheets at yamaha.com); i know they are incomplete, but i'd appreciate y'alls comments to see if i'm heading in the right direction.

{the file is 2133 Paul Basement 1.zip in the jp1/files/Diagnosis Area}

I can't find the code for discreteOFF on the DVD. the datasheet on denon website stops at a dvd-900, so this button is the only one that remains "learned" in my config

I'd like to dabble with the "shift" idea; is the P button on the 2133 the shift button? for example, i've had to bind discreteOFF to "exit" on many of my devices since i haven't discovered a better way yet. shift-power is what i'd like to go with - does that make sense?

the RXv1400 seems to use two protocols. i've included the ST_ and EX_ datasheets on the IR codes from the yamaha website. trial and error indicates that these are OBC codes. i'd like to include some of the EX_ (7E E1 and friends) codes for the sound-program - is the easiest thing to map these to another device (VCR?) and then keymove them so they "work" from the audio screen or is there a better way to do this?

the only macros i've done so far are

M1: power-up - we usually watch the TV, so it selects that (and doesn't turn on the DVD at all)
M4: power-down. turns em all off

my next projects are to make the device buttons "macros", so that for example DVD will power up the DVD, but also switch the rcvr-input to play the DVD

DVD;power;AUD;input-dvd;DVD

i'd love to hear from others about the kinds of changes they have made to their setups

anyways, many thanks to all the folks who shared their knowledge of these gadgets. i've made so much more progress that i could have at 1-800-RadioShack. The four original remotes are stashed in a draw for the first time ever, which isn't bad - the 2133 was a xmas gift Smile

cheers,
paul kent
<kent@sas.com>
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need the ability to "press" the discrete off buttons or will you only be using them in macros? If it's the latter, you should program the functions to phantom buttons, there's no need to use up a real button with these codes.

If you were able to learn your DVD's discrete off (which I assume means there is a button for it on the DVD's remote) you can get the EFC by looking at IR's Learned Signals tab.
paulkent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Do you need the ability to "press" the discrete off buttons or will you only be using them in macros? If it's the latter, you should program the functions to phantom buttons, there's no need to use up a real button with these codes..

Nope, no real need to press em outside of a macro. i guess thats where my newbie-ness hurts; i dunno what i'm sposed to be allowed to do... in KM which i used to build the device upgrades for the 2 yamaha devices, the Phantom keys are greyed out... so of my choices on the "buttons" tab; exit seemed like an OK compromise
The Robman wrote:
is really the shift key, in which case i can go with shift power for power off..

perhaps this is a bug in the keymap-master-v8.06.xls that i'm using - that it doesn't seem to allow phantom keys on the 2133?

[quote="The Robman"]If you were able to learn your DVD's discrete off (which I assume means there is a button for it on the DVD's remote) you can get the EFC by looking at IR's Learned Signals tab.

when i learn it, IR gives these warnings...

"part of the signal is sent after the button is released".. i did learn the button more than once; i still get the warning... (you can see what i mean if you load "2133 paul basement.txt" from the zipfile i uploaded to the yahoo diagnosis area if you like...) I'll definately try the OBC/EBC it reports there

proto=denon dev=6 obc=192 hexcmd=03 efc=026

it really does report it twice for some odd reason...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulkent wrote:
Nope, no real need to press em outside of a macro. i guess thats where my newbie-ness hurts; i dunno what i'm sposed to be allowed to do... in KM which i used to build the device upgrades for the 2 yamaha devices, the Phantom keys are greyed out... so of my choices on the "buttons" tab; exit seemed like an OK compromise

The fact that the Phantoms are greyed out in KM just means that KM wasn't programmed to handle them, but you can still program the discrete codes to phantoms in IR.exe

paulkent wrote:
The Robman wrote:
If you were able to learn your DVD's discrete off (which I assume means there is a button for it on the DVD's remote) you can get the EFC by looking at IR's Learned Signals tab.

when i learn it, IR gives these warnings...

"part of the signal is sent after the button is released".. i did learn the button more than once; i still get the warning... (you can see what i mean if you load "2133 paul basement.txt" from the zipfile i uploaded to the yahoo diagnosis area if you like...) I'll definately try the OBC/EBC it reports there

it really does report it twice for some odd reason...

That just means that either you made an error in the way you learned the signal, or the original remote sends the signal in an unusual manner.

The only setup code that I know of, that's in the 15-2133 that uses Denon with a device code of 6, is CD/0873, so try the key move using that code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: