JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Generating Nokia12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I finally see what the issue is, you're always looking at the visual image in IRScope whereas I'm looking at the actual data. With data, I can edit it to look like whatever I want, so I can easily convert the "4 bumps" into 8 bits but you don't have a way of editing your "4 bumps" into "8 bumps".

Well I lets get this right. I didn't have a way of editing my "4 bumps" to get to "8 BITS". Laughing I have now got the concept after hours and hours of thinking about this. Heck I woke up having nightmares about this. The OBC computation was a little over my head, to say the least.

Working from the pictures this stuff makes sense. Working from the data side I spun my wheels for YEARS, just scratching my head over simple binary signals. Now that I've seen the pictures I have a good concept of what signals look like, even when just reading the numbers.

If you could "see inside my head" you would have given up on me long, long ago. I was so far off, it was absolutely pitiful. Laughing

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean that you've finally bridged the gap between the images and the data? Have you now joined us on the dark side? Are you going to start jumping in to do the decodes too?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does that mean that you've finally bridged the gap between the images and the data? Have you now joined us on the dark side? Are you going to start jumping in to do the decodes too?

Laughing No that means I can see how you got to the decodes and could probably compute a new OBC for any Nokia-like signal based on timings. The decoding that you do is an "art" that I can't even imagine mastering.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, Alan had a post about Nokia12 last year with some ICT files:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11397
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah but that is a TRICK. That signal has an extra Bump! Would that be a nokia14?

01 00 00 10 00 01 01

Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Barf wrote:
Next challenge would be to emulate things like Alt-F2 (pressing and holding down Alt, pressing F2 (short), releasing Alt). Wink

We can certainly replicate the signal, but what we can't do is let you press multiple buttons simultaneously on the remote.

I would recommend that you learns the various ALT+ type combinations that you're looking for using your Widget and then post the ICT files to the Diagnosis Area (and post links to them here).

It is getting slightly esoteric, so I am not sure if it is worth getting into it. Pressing Alt+F2, more precisely: pressing Alt for a while, then pressing F2 for another while (still holding Alt), releasing F2, still holding Alt, and then finally release it, generates (not surprisingly) a number of Alt-down signals, a number of F2-down signals (no more Alt now), then exactly one F2-up signal, a number of Alt-Down again, then finally a (lone) Alt-Up signal. Considering it as an intellectual exercise, rather than a practically important problem, I think one solution would be to use macros, possibly to define another device upgrade using a protocol without repetitions, but with all the up-events as functions.

The Robman wrote:
Have you now joined us on the dark side?

I personally prefer to see it as Vicky's long path towards enlightenment. Wink Cool

Bengt
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: