JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need ch+- codes for Vito tv

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald Chappell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Need ch+- codes for Vito tv Reply with quote

device: Vito tv CN4201-NU
Type of device: LCD tv
year: 1997
UEI Remote model: Atlas ocap 5-device M1056L
Do you have JP1 cable? no
Still have original remote? no
check the file section ? yes
check the pronto file section yes
Partially working setup codes: TV/ 0178 1178 1325 1423 1758 1993
learning remote ? no

The above codes operate power on/off and volume +-
Can't find any Vito TV in your forums. Is there a hope of finding the channel operate numbers if I were to obtain an interface cable and JP1 software?
Does any JP1 user have the vizio remote for the Vito who can tell me the ch+- codes?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see my reply to your problem in the beginners forum I know you didn't understand all of it, but if you are willing to explor the efc's you can probably find the codes you need, but its not without risks.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tennessee titan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confusing. Are you looking for "Vito" or "Vizio"??
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron is looking for a Vito TV. He has switched remotes on us, since he was using a VIZIO remote the first time he posted.

I've identified that his TV is responding to NEC1 Dev 4 commands, now its just a matter of hunting.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,
As Vicky has posted, the power and Volume up/down commands are what is termed the NEC1, device 4 protocol.

This is a very common protocol, and actually there are probably more than 50 (well, a large number, anyway) setup codes that you could use with your Atlas which would control the power and volume.

But almost all of those codes would also control the channel up/down.

So I suspect that your remote is set to Channel Lock Mode, in which the the channel up/down keys are routed to the Cable device, rather than to the TV.

So there are a couple of things to try, before going into the EFC search that both Vicky and I mentioned earlier.

Turn off Channel Lock Mode:
1) On the remote control, press CBL once; it will blink once. Then press and hold SETUP until the CBL key blinks twice, then release SETUP.
2. Enter 9 -7- 3. The CBL key will blink twice.
3. Press CH- once. The CBL key will blink four times.
4. Now, the remote control will provide TV and VCR channel-control capabilities while in the TV or VCR mode.

To turn it back on, press CH+ in step 3, instead of CH-.

2) The most likely EFCs to control CHup/down are the ones already provided by the setup codes you have tried. If yo don't want to fiddle with turning off Channel Lock Mode, or if it doesn't work for you, then I recommend that you send the following codes manually.

First try controlling the volume manually (rather than just using the Vol keys). This will demonstrate that you following the correct procedure to manually enter EFCs.

After pressing TV, press the setup button briefly. The using the numeral keys, type in 183. This should cause Vol up. Setup followed by 187 should do Vol down.

Once those are working in manual mode, try setup followed by 181, This should cause Ch +. 185 should be CH-.

But I think turning off Channel Lock mode should work.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to what 3FG said, make sure that the TV setup code is NOT set to 1993, because this is a combo code and utilizes different EFC's.

Also the Atlas 1056 is going to take 5 digit 3fc's so where 3fg said 183 and 187, you'd use 00183 and 00187.

I didn't think about channel lock when you were using the visio code, but this will definately be a factor in the Atlas.

Ronald Chappell

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: control of vito cn4201 tv with the with the m1056L universal Reply with quote

Thank you vickyu and 3fc.

Turning off the punch thru worked. I therefore did not try any of the more detailed ch+- code programming steps.

I hope that I never need to know, but where does one learn about these code programming steps and other info which you provided.

Thank you both for your patience and help.

Ron from NC and UT
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,
Glad to hear that it worked.

Where to find out about the more advanced programming capabilities?
Well, the Channel Lock stuff is available in the manual. Yep, you should read the manual. Here's a link to it: http://www.urcsupport.com/images/uploaded_images/Atlas_OCAP_M1056.pdf
Other 9xx commands are summarized here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=5425&sid=f78d5c5fe1023e00ffb39c291246887b

Information about EFCs and a great deal more is on this site. You do have to dig a little bit, but begin in the beginners forum, with the sticky thread "Beginners - PLEASE read this thread first."
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1009

I personally think it is best to start with "The WHAT and WHY of JP1".
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: