JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR8 Problem, need to delete registry keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgc99

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: IR8 Problem, need to delete registry keys Reply with quote

Somehow the general tab got messed up, the download from and upload to buttons are right below the tab labels. The upper panels are missing and the General Notes panel takes up most of the general tab. The mouse pointer changes to the symbol you get when you point at an adjustable divider just below the tab labels, but dragging it does nothing.

I deleted IR and downloaded it again but the general tab is the same so I assume I need to delete some registry keys to fix this. Anyone know what they might be? If there are no registry keys then I'm completely stumped.

Thanks,
BGC
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post a screen shot of what you are describing?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/UEIC is the magic bullet you need to delete. After you delete this, IR.exe will install itself as if it had never existed on your system, so you will need to set up RDF directory, etc from scratch.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, you might want to try modifying the value of Panel40Height by right clicking, choosing modify, and typing in 150.

Exit IR before doing this.
bgc99

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After deleting the registry key and running IR again, it's back to normal I think. The panel height and width values were both 0 before I deleted it.

Last night I was starting to experiment with extenders and I tried to use the merge with extinstall function. It gave an error code and I quit for the night. Today I decided to get ver 2 of extinstall. I installed it in a folder and pointed IR to it and that's when I noticed the missing elements of the general tab. I'm not sure if it was like that before extinstall ver2 or not.

BGC
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since IR 8.00 came out, there have been several reported occurrences of this issue in which the top panels on the General tab shrink to zero size. Before IR 8.00 the top left (Device Buttons) panel had a fixed size. The size of the other panels was determined by this one and the overall size of the window, so you could change the width of the Other Settings panel but not its height. IR 8.00 made the dividers between the panels to be re-sizeable, and since then there seem to be rare circumstances under which the Device Buttons panel shrinks to zero size.

I don't know what causes this, or just what circumstances cause it to happen, but IR 8.01 tests for zero size and, if found, re-sets the Device Buttons panel to a default size. This should prevent future occurrences. IR 8.01 is currently still at Release Candidate 2 and is being discussed in this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: