JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't upgrade Atlas 1056 for better Pioneer DV525 DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vicky PMed me to alert me about this thread. I hope to find some time to look into this tonight.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
csete

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally found some time to take a run at this again tonight, but unfortunately still didn't make any real progress. I tried the RDF change and was able to select type DVD, but that didn't make any difference. I also tried changing the upgrade to be a cable upgrade and assigned that, again with no improvement.

Looking at the rmaster.err file, there are a few interesting tidbits that I'm hoping may give some people some clues to help me out.

**** Warning: multiple protocols with PID 00 7E and variantName 2

ERROR: ButtonMap 0 includes unknown keycode $f1, Creating button!

DeviceUpgrade.setRemote(), protocol "Pioneer DVD" (00 7E) is not built into remote Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)

Do any of these mean anything that might help? Given the previous comment about the protocol already being in this remote, that last error log entry seems pretty interesting.

I'm really hoping to figure this out. The worst part is that I can't seem to find the original remote for the DVD player, have a new widescreen TV and can't get it into the correct display mode. Very frustrating!

Thanks again for any ideas.
Craig
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be on to something there. The protocol 00 7E error is puzzling. Your upgrade uses 01 7E which IS in the atlas. 00 7E:3 is also in the atlas. Just posting a few observations about the protocols. I don't have a solution.

I also don't get that button error that you got. $F1 is phantom10 in my RDF. I don't have any trouble selecting DVD either. I'm thinking your RDF isn't the latest. Mine's from the Main Zip File.
csete

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest update on my end...

You were correct that I was downlevel on my RDF's. In fact, even though I just downloaded last weekend, I had even picked up an old version of RemoteMaster too. I updated my RDF's, Images/Maps and RemoteMaster to 1.95. I downloaded the current contents of the remote using rmir and rebuilt the failing upgrade. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same results. I can create the device upgrade and assign it to the DVD button, but when I do, I'm unable to control the DVD player. I'm also seeing the same protocol error in the rmaster.err file.

At this point, I'm clueless on next steps. If anyone has any insights, I would love to hear them. If I can provide more information, I would be happy to do so.

Thanks again,
Craig
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
You may be on to something there. The protocol 00 7E error is puzzling. Your upgrade uses 01 7E which IS in the atlas. 00 7E:3 is also in the atlas.

You could be onto something there. There are several versions of the $007E executor out there in UEI-land, and each of them has a different name in the JP1 world (ie, Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVD2, Pioneer MIX). As it was quite likely that some users may end up using a mixture of them, we came up with a scheme where we would re-name the ones that got added as a protocol upgrade, so that they wouldn't override the built in $007E protocol, and the replacement ids are $017E and $017F.

Now, if this particular remote already has a $017E executor built in, and RM were to let you use it, when you really wanted to use the $007E variant, it wouldn't work.
csete

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the next step for me? Is there anything more I can do to help? Is there anything more I can do to make progress on this? If necessary, I can switch over to using the spreadsheet and IR software instead of RM if there is a chance that that will help.

If I hadn't managed to misplace the DVD player's real remote I wouldn't even care that much. As it stands, I can't seem to find a way to change the aspect ratio using the built in code (1571) for the DVD player. Is there a way using the available tools to figure out the key mappings in that code using the available tools?

Thanks yet again,
Craig
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all you need to do is add the following protocol code:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 7E (S3C80) Pioneer DVD (RM v1.95)
40 84 31 8B 12 E5 44 08 08 01 09 00 FA 01 09 03
16 C3 3C 10 A9 08 43 76 06 04 6B 06 46 29 01 8D
01 46 B0 01 68 06 E4 04 06 F6 01 46 E6 01 02 69
06 F6 01 46 F6 01 0A 7B E9 AF
End

However, I just fired up RMIR and tried to add it myself but the NEW button doesn't seem to be working. Greg would need to help you with RMIR.
csete

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing the same behavior.

I'm a Java guy... unfortunately, I'm not an RMIR guy. I grabbed the latest code from Sourceforge to take a look and I see the problem with the code, but I'm not really sure how to fix it.

In ProtocolUpgradePanel there is a method:

public ProtocolUpgrade createRowObject( ProtocolUpgrade baseUpgrade )

It is currently returning null and needs to return an actual ProtocolUpgrade object. I will do a bit of hacking to see if I can figure out how to fix it, but this code is very new to me. It appears that I would need to parse out the protocol code, description and hex from the text you provided. I will give it a try, but if someone that knows RMIR better than I wanted to do it more quickly, I sure wouldn't complain.

Craig
csete

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have hacked together enough RMIR support to get the protocol upgrade in place. I will provide a patch back to the SourceForge project if someone can validate that the code appears to be doing the right thing. Can someone that understand this stuff take a look at my updated RMIR file attached at http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6984. and validate that it does or doesn't have RobMan's protocol upgrade? It appears to be correct in RMIR, but I'd like to make sure it isn't wrong in some way.

I will try to upload this to my remote later (after my wife goes to bed Smile ).

Thanks,
Craig
csete

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and added a patch to the Sourceforge project (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2831221&group_id=30560&atid=399668) Hopefully it isn't completely wrong in some way.
csete

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming my patched version of RMIR is working correctly, I uploaded the DVD upgrade along with the protocol upgrade... and it continues not to control the DVD player at all.

Looking forward to the next idea to try...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you also have IR.exe? It would help eliminate some variables if you could use IR.exe to download from your remote, add the protocol and re-load. Then if that works, we know there's something wrong with RMIR that needs to be fixed. If it doesn't, then we can look at your IR file and find the problem.

I'm glad your trying out RMIR, but as it's not working for you right now, I think you should switch back to IR for this upgrade.
csete

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try IR tonight if I can get a chance. My biggest problem is getting access to valid hardware for that. My machines don't run Windows anymore, so I have to steal my wife's machine for the testing.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csete wrote:
I will try IR tonight if I can get a chance. My biggest problem is getting access to valid hardware for that. My machines don't run Windows anymore, so I have to steal my wife's machine for the testing.

Read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2895
csete

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the latest. I used ir.exe to download the contents from the remote. The file is in the diagnosis area at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7005

When I downloaded this file, I could see data in the RAW data page, but everything else showed up as empty in the IR user interface. It seems like the contents of my remote are questionable. I received no errors when downloading using ir on my wife's Windows XP machine with a real serial port. I guess I can think of a few different next steps:

1) Reset remote to completely default settings and try again to build using RMIR (preferred) or IR. (not sure how to do this)
2) Cut pin 5 on my interface if that would somehow help.
3) Rebuild my interface based on the latest schematics.
4) Some combination of the above.

I guess I'm unsure how to proceed at this point. Let me know what the next best steps are to help myself and the project.

Thanks,
Craig
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: