JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RID FILE FOR DTVPAL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENROYER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: RID FILE FOR DTVPAL Reply with quote

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS AND APPRECIATE ANY HELP/INFO;

FOUND THIS FILE(Echostar_DTV_PAL_v3.TXT) IN THE HDTV FILE SECTION AND WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE A RID FILE FROM THIS INFO.

ALSO READ THE STICKY ON HOW TO UPGRADE RID FILES W/O USING WIRNS ETC. I STILL CONNECT VIA TELEPHONE LINE AND WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE WAS A WAY TO UPLOAD NEW RID FILE WITHOUT CONNECTING TO MICROSOFT COMPUTER. I HAVE A LINUX (UBUNTU) NETBOOK I ASSUME COULD USE WITH CROSSOVER CABLE BUT ALSO NOTICED A USB ON THE REPLAYTV AND MAYBE COULD USE FLASH DRIVE?

MY EQUIPMENT IS REPLAYTV 5040 AND DTVPAL DIGITAL RECEIVER FOR OLD ANALOG TV SET. I USE THE DIRECTV CHANNEL GUIDE FROM REPLAYTV AS THERE IS NO NEED FOR ANY COMPLICATED CHANNEL MAPPING.

I HAVE FOUND THAT THE NATIVE IR CODE 7775 TURNS ON THE DTVPAL AND CHANGES THE CHANNELS BUT DOESN'T WORK AS WELL AS I WOULD LIKE.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP/INSIGHT. KEN
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: RID FILE FOR DTVPAL Reply with quote

KENROYER wrote:
FOUND THIS FILE(Echostar_DTV_PAL_v3.TXT) IN THE HDTV FILE SECTION AND WANTED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE A RID FILE FROM THIS INFO.

The following post might help you. (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=67534#67534)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> ReplayTV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: